Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 19 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 12-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 19 Sliders

After playing a few other games last night, CPU vs CPU, (coach mode) these definitely play great. I don't have a problem with the amount of shots the CPU take, the penalties are good, I've seen 2 or 3 pp per team at times, even 5 or 6 during other games. My team even got outshot a few times as well. My only slight issue is the amount of goals scored by both teams, most games end 2-1, 2-0 or even 1-0. You guys might be seeing different results since you're controlling the full team and not playing CPU vs CPU. Oh and you definitely want to play with 10 minute periods. Overall, I think Cycloniac is really close to something here. I like the fact that changing the strategies can switch the momentum in my favor, I just wish we'd see a few more goals.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:20 AM   #18
Rookie

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Decided to increase to 10 minute periods and itís been a good decision so far. Finished game 4 of my Kings franchise where I beat the Habs 3-2 in a shootout. Shots were LA 35, MTL 33. LA delivered 18 hits and Montreal had 6. PPs were 1/3 for LA and 0/4 for Montreal. Also played the third game in my Nordiques expansion franchise and beat the Senators 3-0. Shots were in favor of Quebec, 31-29. Quebec had 8 hits whereas Ottawa had 10. Quebec went 0/5 on the PP and Ottawa was 0/1.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #19
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Some more updates:
-Penalty time scaling increased to 3
-Shot power decreased to 45
-Slap shot power increased to 50
-Goalie cover frequency decreased to 60
-Goalie save reaction time decreased to 25
-CPU and teammate penalties increased to 30
-Tripping increased to 10
-High sticking increased to 50

Main focus here was to improve goalie play. I want who is in net to matter a bit more and the save reaction time slider works a bit like a seperate attribute effects slider for goalies. Decreased shot power to both increase goal variety and decrease misses a tad.

Increasing penalty time scaling improves PP percentages while not inflating shot totals too much. Special teams matters a bit more now.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:02 AM   #20
Rookie

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Some more updates:

-Penalty time scaling increased to 3

-Shot power decreased to 45

-Slap shot power increased to 50

-Goalie cover frequency decreased to 60

-Goalie save reaction time decreased to 25

-CPU and teammate penalties increased to 30

-Tripping increased to 10

-High sticking increased to 50

Main focus here was to improve goalie play. I want who is in net to matter a bit more and the save reaction time slider works a bit like a seperate attribute effects slider for goalies. Decreased shot power to both increase goal variety and decrease misses a tad.

Increasing penalty time scaling improves PP percentages while not inflating shot totals too much. Special teams matters a bit more now.

I see from the video you posted that this game was CPU vs CPU. What are your stats like when you play a game? Do you notice a difference with shot aim set to assist or shot aim set to manual? I use shot aim at manual so I have a higher chance of missing shots just like in an actual NHL game.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:53 AM   #21
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
I see from the video you posted that this game was CPU vs CPU. What are your stats like when you play a game? Do you notice a difference with shot aim set to assist or shot aim set to manual? I use shot aim at manual so I have a higher chance of missing shots just like in an actual NHL game.

When playing user games with auto aim assist I miss more shots wide etc than I do with manual. More based off of player ratings than user skill for most part. Add to that as well attribute effect maxed.

Bless guys like Cy here that play coach mode or watch cpu vs cpu games. I just canít do that.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #22
Rookie

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
When playing user games with auto aim assist I miss more shots wide etc than I do with manual. More based off of player ratings than user skill for most part. Add to that as well attribute effect maxed.

Bless guys like Cy here that play coach mode or watch cpu vs cpu games. I just canít do that.

I cannot play coach mode either. I have to be in control of the players. Would you say that shot assist is better or is it user preference?

Old 12-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #23
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
I cannot play coach mode either. I have to be in control of the players. Would you say that shot assist is better or is it user preference?

Iíd honestly say itís user preference. I use auto assist aiming because of playing online EASHL. My thumb is trained to aim for a few spots etc. I can easily score at times with right handed guys coming down the right side, aim far side, boom, goal. With the auto aim and adjusted sliders it helps me miss the net and even at times I just flick up to shot and donít worry about aiming at all. Just relax and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 12-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just bought the game on black Friday and had played about 6 or 7 franchise games on default all star with 7 minute periods. The CPU shot totals were insanely out of hand. I think in one game the AI had 61 shots against me. Plugged these sliders in and, man, what a difference. Shot totals are pretty realistic. I might play around with the penalty sliders because I haven't really seen many penalties. I'll plug in the updated numbers before I go crazy with it. I like the way it's playing overall compared to default. AI doesn't feel OP anymore.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »