Home

Wasted time

This is a discussion on Wasted time within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2019, 01:34 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Wasted time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I honestly feel like it’s 50/50 for me. I feel like certain sliders make the game more enjoyable. Then I feel as if those sliders combined with other changes I make is a waste of time.

I’m not sure if it’s just the game or me losing interest in wanting to find that happy medium with any game in general now.

I’m at the point with this game where I score too much, or don’t score enough. No happy medium.

I may just go with the basic full sim, with the sliders that are different from full sim to competitive and have them meet at the mid Way point and call it a day.

I’m having fun with my franchise, but after 5 games or so I’m always pissing around with something.
Your last paragraph = the problem.

This game is just broken on so many levels - it's close, but yet a million miles away. Which is why I'm done...probably forever with this series. I think the only thing that can save it is roster sharing. Individual things will have to be fixed (like 2K) so the game can be enjoyed - so a slider set can be developed to go along with the rosters being fixed in certain player tendencies & attributes. The game is broken.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:41 AM   #10
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy
Does anyone else feel that so much time is wasted fooling with sliders to get perfect results.I bought the game at launch and still haven't found sliders on all-star that are good.If you look at all the slider makers and I appreciate all their work but they make their sliders so vastly different to get the same results.And it's not their fault,some of the sliders don't even do what they are supposed to do and if you change one it effects all the other sliders.We should not have to spend this much time to achieve realistic games.Done with this slideritis I'm back to using the default settings and hope for the best.
I will admit I was one the guys screaming for more sliders and for sliders to go 0-100 but now that we have them I’m overwhelmed. Mainly because their are too many that I’m not exactly sure what they will change and changing one you usually affects 3-4 other sliders. I don’t have the patience anymore.
I’m attemptimg a season and I only tweaked some speed, goalie, and penalty sliders. I’m finding tuner 1.01 works best and I find that competitive rather than True Sim plays more realistic. I’m on Pro with CPU difficulty maxed out. I’ve only played 5 games and Im 3-1-1. I have many issues with this series but I’m attenpting to have fun.....Not sure if I can but trying
Old 01-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #11
Banned

Feel exactly like you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 10:44 PM   #12
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
Its been tough ever since they changed their slider format. All star too hard pro too easy. No middle ground.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
try my sliders

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...r-sliders.html
Old 01-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #13
Pro

1 Game speed (pace)
2 passing % for both teams
3 shots on goal even(ish) for both.

Those are the things I fix first,if that's ok,then fine tuning is quite easy.
Looking at most sets in here it's not to much of a discrepancy between CPU/Hum,and to me some sliders needs to be to keep it organic and not like playing Vs a machine.

Sliders are a good thing,but sometimes it's too easy just fiddling with them instead of playing, especially since the game is very momentum driven.

Xbox :ettnollbajen

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »