Home

Wasted time

This is a discussion on Wasted time within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2019, 09:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Wasted time

Does anyone else feel that so much time is wasted fooling with sliders to get perfect results.I bought the game at launch and still haven't found sliders on all-star that are good.If you look at all the slider makers and I appreciate all their work but they make their sliders so vastly different to get the same results.And it's not their fault,some of the sliders don't even do what they are supposed to do and if you change one it effects all the other sliders.We should not have to spend this much time to achieve realistic games.Done with this slideritis I'm back to using the default settings and hope for the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Wasted time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy
Does anyone else feel that so much time is wasted fooling with sliders to get perfect results.I bought the game at launch and still haven't found sliders on all-star that are good.If you look at all the slider makers and I appreciate all their work but they make their sliders so vastly different to get the same results.And it's not their fault,some of the sliders don't even do what they are supposed to do and if you change one it effects all the other sliders.We should not have to spend this much time to achieve realistic games.Done with this slideritis I'm back to using the default settings and hope for the best.
I deleted the game and decided I've had enough. I LOVE this series - diehard hockey fan, but for an OFFLINE gamer, this game just doesn't cut it. No more fun. I appreciate for the guys who do enjoy it, but I just can't anymore. Ready to be trade fodder...
Old 01-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

Its been tough ever since they changed their slider format. All star too hard pro too easy. No middle ground.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
Banned

Had the exact same problem as you.Tried every sliders at this forum.Could not score with sliders set for goalies at 25.Got frustrated and tried default All-star.Scored 5 and 3 goals and won the last 2 games.Too early to tell.I don't think the sliders work as they are intended to.Pro is too easy and all-star too hard.With default All-star it seemed fair but like I said it's too early to tell.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #5
Banned

Won my third in a row,6 to 4, finally able to score,may stick with default sliders.Seems like fooling with sliders just messes the game up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #6
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

This years installment was definitely hit or miss with sliders. Unlike 17 and 18, I have not yet found a slider set that works for me. I enjoy playing in other leagues and it seems that you need a different slider set to play in each one. Maybe I’m a minority in how I play the NHL series, but as a diehard hockey fan, I really enjoy playing games from the European leagues that have the larger ice surface. I also enjoy playing Jr League games as well. But with 19, it’s been tough sledding for sure. I’m hoping the devs can save this game for me....but I won’t hold my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-15-2019, 07:57 PM   #7
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I honestly feel like it’s 50/50 for me. I feel like certain sliders make the game more enjoyable. Then I feel as if those sliders combined with other changes I make is a waste of time.

I’m not sure if it’s just the game or me losing interest in wanting to find that happy medium with any game in general now.

I’m at the point with this game where I score too much, or don’t score enough. No happy medium.

I may just go with the basic full sim, with the sliders that are different from full sim to competitive and have them meet at the mid Way point and call it a day.

I’m having fun with my franchise, but after 5 games or so I’m always pissing around with something.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-15-2019, 08:20 PM   #8
Banned

I feel the same way,too much time fooling with the sliders and not enough time playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »