Home

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

This is a discussion on Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 02-24-2019, 06:18 PM   #73
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

I'm going to give these a try but where are settings for the "rules" section of the sliders (eg. Penalties slider, period minutes, etc.)

Thanks
Old 02-24-2019, 06:27 PM   #74
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofthething
I'm going to give these a try but where are settings for the "rules" section of the sliders (eg. Penalties slider, period minutes, etc.)

Thanks
When you apply the initial FULL SIM defaults, that should "fill in the blanks" in terms of the *Rules section* penalties etc.

And you're also free to modify the Rules section as you please. I personally test on 10 minute periods (wouldn't recommend it - very long lol!). But I hear from other PRO STAR users who are satisfied with 6 & 7 minute periods.

I'm not near my PS4 now, so forgive me for not being specific. I can post my own Rules section later, if you want.

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 (Updated March 16, 2019)

Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders for NHL 18
Old 02-24-2019, 07:10 PM   #75
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Pens @ Blue Jackets right now, will see how it goes and get my tweaks up if satisfied.
Oh, wow. Two teams that don't like each other played a playoff-style game ending in a 2-1 win for the Penguins. On the PP, Phil Kessel snapped a wrister over the glove side of a screened Bobrovsky for the game winner with only 48 seconds remaining. Murray was the first star with 34 saves, including a few great ones during the second period in which Pittsburgh was outshot 15 to 4.

About time to eat, and while I'd like to see some more goals from the CPU, I haven't had this much fun with this game in a loooong time. Think I'll play one more after dinner, maybe with DeSmith starting. I dropped acceleration back to 45 for this one, going to stick with it for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2019, 07:18 PM   #76
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Oh, wow. Two teams that don't like each other played a playoff-style game ending in a 2-1 win for the Penguins. On the PP, Phil Kessel snapped a wrister over the glove side of a screened Bobrovsky for the game winner with only 48 seconds remaining. Murray was the first star with 34 saves, including a few great ones during the second period in which Pittsburgh was outshot 15 to 4.

About time to eat, and while I'd like to see some more goals from the CPU, I haven't had this much fun with this game in a loooong time. Think I'll play one more after dinner, maybe with DeSmith starting. I dropped acceleration back to 45 for this one, going to stick with it for now.
Fun post! I think what's happening with goal scoring is that the attribute effects are over-riding the goalie sliders.

My theory is that it can be counter-acted by lowering goalie sliders more. But my concern is that it leaves weaker goalies more vulnerable. Something to test later.

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 (Updated March 16, 2019)

Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders for NHL 18
Old 02-24-2019, 07:38 PM   #77
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Ok, cool. I'll try to get up what I'm using soon. Between sets in a workout at the moment and making a roast after this!

EDIT -- Here's the skating at the moment, IIRC:

Back Skating - 0
Hustle Type - Authentic
Puck Carrier Agility - 55
Puck Carrier Skating - 90
Player Acceleration - 47
Skating Speed - 67
Skating Agility - 50

Forget the sliders. I want to hear more about that roast

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-24-2019, 11:15 PM   #78
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibubwan
Fun post! I think what's happening with goal scoring is that the attribute effects are over-riding the goalie sliders.

My theory is that it can be counter-acted by lowering goalie sliders more. But my concern is that it leaves weaker goalies more vulnerable. Something to test later.
I think you might be right. Using your goalie settings, just beat the Blues 4-1 as Minnesota. Dubnyk was a wall, stopping 43 of 44, many of which came on the PK. There were some fierce hits in this game, so I got carried away and took two five minute majors. Add this to Murray's rock solid performances, Carter Hart looking human (in a very good way), and I suspect attribute effects is stretching those goalie ratings too far.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:24 AM   #79
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OK, here's what I'm using. A work in progress for sure, and credit to Jay for the great base!

Spoiler

Last edited by Qb; 02-26-2019 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Added Spoiler tag to avoid confusion with Jay's sliders
Old 02-25-2019, 04:13 AM   #80
Rookie

What Penalty Time Scaling you prefer ??? I'm about 0\6 or 1\6 to get right amount of shots per game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »