Home

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

This is a discussion on Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2019, 02:52 PM   #145
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

(For both Pro and All-star)

I've lowered the goalie cross crease, save reaction and deflection time to around the mid 20's to low thirties. As well as decreased the screen effectiveness and persistence to the mid 70's....

My games now have more realistic goals from different shots and angles averaging about 5 -6 goals per game total.

My tripping penalties are ridiculous. It seem almost like the slashing bug. I am going to to lower this to about 2 for Human and keep the same for AI (as they rarely get called.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #146
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
Great sliders, but cpu passing is still worrying me.

I may not be a great player, but I don't think I am outright awful either.

My last 7 games the cpu has never had less than a 83% pass percentage.

Seems high to me, am I wrong?

Dowie
Remember that the CPU is making instant *perfect* decisions regarding pass pressure & direction. Whereas the HUMAN - under great pressure - has to implement physical gestures like pass button-push pressure & joystick direction.

That's why there will be a discrepancy between HUMAN & CPU passing percentages - especially in a "loose puck" & "checking* promoting slider like PRO STAR.

Theoretically, you could solve this problem by making passing more "sticky" (by upping "Pass Accuracy" & decreasing "Reception Reaction Time" passing sliders). But I'd only recommend this for HUMAN, because the CPU already passes perfectly. And it might cost you some loose puck fun.

My feeling, like @BleacherCreature suggests, is to ignore that and look at more important stats like "Time On Attack" & "Shots". These tell you who has offensive control. They'll flux depending on the game...but if you *consistently* see the CPU dominating these two stats...that means there's a problem.

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 (Updated March 16, 2019)

Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders for NHL 18
Old 03-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #147
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack72
(For both Pro and All-star)

I've lowered the goalie cross crease, save reaction and deflection time to around the mid 20's to low thirties. As well as decreased the screen effectiveness and persistence to the mid 70's....

My games now have more realistic goals from different shots and angles averaging about 5 -6 goals per game total.

My tripping penalties are ridiculous. It seem almost like the slashing bug. I am going to to lower this to about 2 for Human and keep the same for AI (as they rarely get called.
Cross crease is something I'll test for the next update. I originally tested it with a radically low value, and found I could easily exploit the goalie by cross-ice one-timers. Let's see what subtle changes can do. Another experiment I'll try is increasing shot accuracy.

With those goalie modifications, let me know if you see any *low scoring* games. My concern there is that you only have high scoring games, which reduces realism and variety.

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 (Updated March 16, 2019)

Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders for NHL 18
Old 03-06-2019, 04:22 PM   #148
Banned

I increase the shot and slap shot accuracy as well to the mid 50's

Just had a game on All-star where it was 2-1 for most of the game Empty net goal in the 3rd made it 3 - 1 loss.

Breakdown,
First Period,
I scored first from a slap shot from my defense-man and the forward got the rebound. (3 minutes into the game)

AI' first goal was from a dumb play from me by trying to pass the puck from my goalie, but didn't see the opp forward on the side. He picked it up and scored close in. (10 minute mark)

Second goal was a one timer during a 5 -3 power play. (4 minutes in period)
(I am taking way to many tripping penalties - will adjust this slider down for human)

Second Period
No Scoring

Third Period
Empty net goal with 14 seconds to go.

The goalie ratings were even rated at 74 each.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #149
Banned

I also have a novel way that makes each game different with the sliders.

Using excel spreadsheet, I have written in for most of the sliders a fromula that from a a random set of numbers, the value of the slide will be
1) Will be the number you suggest (or what I feel it should be) - 60% of the time

2) A random number that may be lower than the suggested number - 15% of the time

3) A random number that may be slightly higher than what is suggested - 15% of the time.

So for example
For Puck Control Rating Effect, you suggest a slider setting of 40. So
60% of the time the number will be 40.
15% of the time the number will be between 35 - 39
15% of the time the number will be between 41 -45

Another example is the Goalie Cross Crease rating, where I have adjust that slide to be 25. So for added changes, I use the following formula.
60% of the time the rating will be between 20 -29
15% of the time the rating will be between 15 -20
15% of the time the rating will be between 30 -35

If I feel hat it is to easy to score, I can close in the random number of 20 -29 to maybe 23 - 27, or have the main outcome set at 27, and adjust the other number to 20 - 26 and 28 - 32...for example.

This gives some very different games and almost mimics a good or bad game a team is playing. Mostly the games rating come close to what is suggested, but sometimes a team just seems out of wack and plays either worse or better,

Works very weill,,,,itl's just getting the best slider number and adjusting from there to reflect good and bad fortunes of the team.

Yay,,,I am really nerding out on this......
Old 03-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #150
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Is anyone using these with manual passing off? I’ve never been a fan of manual passing on as I feel the timing is way off. Just curious about the speed of passes with it off. I’ve often felt the pass speed should be toned down a few clicks when not using manual passing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-06-2019, 08:08 PM   #151
Banned

I always use manual passing off with 85% assist,just can't get the hang of manual passing .I use a combination of Jays and Qb sliders and have great games .I win about just over half the games. I also use aim assist .Find with aim assist you get more of a variety of types of goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2019, 08:34 PM   #152
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

I also feel with a lower pass assist the pass speed is a lot faster. Almost as if when it’s higher the speed is adjusted for the situation, which I’m fine with.
I just can’t believe with the season ending soon we’re still trying to get the sliders adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »