Home

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

This is a discussion on Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2019, 03:36 AM   #233
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

I ain't a pro, heck I'm a rook to 19 still. But I love these sliders.

Just messin around in a playoff series so far (albeit with Calgary, but my Devils are horrible) Lost game 1 @ home to Minnesota 2-1.
Won game 2 4-2. Late goal on an empty net.
I do play shorter mins though. Mostly just getting my bearings, haven't played since 17.
Sliders are so good. Thank you for sharing these.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 03-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #234
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

OVR: 0

Guys, just dropping by to leave an update. I was away this weekend to visit some fam. I haven't had the chance to read the past posts, so forgive me if I can't respond in a timely manner.

But I have good news!

MAJOR thanks to those who pointed out the interesting nature of "SuperStar" difficulty. Sunday night, I had an hour or so to mess around with it.

So by default, it plays similar to "All Star" difficulty - in that you get ultra-aggressive CPU defensive pressure. But I discovered that once you tone down the aggression (along with other changes), "SuperStar" difficulty becomes much more realistic to play against than "All Star".

You get more ability to cycle the puck. There are gaps in defensive coverage.

Previously, I had to make crazy changes to passing in order to "trip up" the crazy "All Star" CPU. But in the new slider combo I put together last night - it feels like checking & the performance of your CPU teammates "opens up" the game very effectively.

I still want to stress test it this week, and refine some aspects of gameplay. But we should be getting a cool update in a few days!

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 (Updated March 16, 2019)

Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders for NHL 18
Old 03-25-2019, 11:35 PM   #235
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Man, have not played in a few weeks. Vacation and work. Was there a patch update? And slider update? Scorefest in this.
20190325_233359.jpg

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden 19 - Falcons year 2
(Mizzourah setup)
FIFA 19 - NewCastle year 1
(my own brew)
Show 18 - 1987 Braves year 1
(default AS quick counts)
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
(Jay Ironhooks pro star)
RLL4 - Sydney Roosters
(I suck settings)
RC3 - Highlanders/USA
(I suck settings)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2019, 10:13 PM   #236
Rookie

I am going to try your sliders on superstar Jay. I tried different sliders on superstar last night, it was good penalty wise, but generally like your sliders better.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #237
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibubwan
Guys, just dropping by to leave an update. I was away this weekend to visit some fam. I haven't had the chance to read the past posts, so forgive me if I can't respond in a timely manner.

But I have good news!

MAJOR thanks to those who pointed out the interesting nature of "SuperStar" difficulty. Sunday night, I had an hour or so to mess around with it.

So by default, it plays similar to "All Star" difficulty - in that you get ultra-aggressive CPU defensive pressure. But I discovered that once you tone down the aggression (along with other changes), "SuperStar" difficulty becomes much more realistic to play against than "All Star".

You get more ability to cycle the puck. There are gaps in defensive coverage.

Previously, I had to make crazy changes to passing in order to "trip up" the crazy "All Star" CPU. But in the new slider combo I put together last night - it feels like checking & the performance of your CPU teammates "opens up" the game very effectively.

I still want to stress test it this week, and refine some aspects of gameplay. But we should be getting a cool update in a few days!
News about your update?
Old 04-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #238
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetThePuckOut
News about your update?
Yes please, stalled my franchise for update.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden 19 - Falcons year 2
FIFA 19 - NewCastle year 1
Show 19 - Braves year 1
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
RLL4 - Sydney Roosters
RC3 - Highlanders/USA
Old 05-04-2019, 02:44 AM   #239
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Guys, massive apology for being a douche of the highest order. I'll be back after the real-life playoffs with a new update.

You'll notice I stopped posting here maybe a few weeks before the playoffs began. That's because this year, I decided to actually study the game of hockey. So I break down video, analyze players & shifts.

During the regular season, I focused on only one team. Then I had the bright idea to do that for EVERY team in the playoffs. Because I wanted to understand the difference between "regular season" & "playoff hockey".

Unfortunately, because there's so many goddam games during the playoffs, it eats up all my mornings during the weekends (which is when I typically worked on these sliders).

I thought "next week I'll work faster and get both things done". But it never happened. And then I thought you guys would be pissed off & be insulting my mom in this topic...so I hesitated to visit the forum.

LONG STORY SHORT:
- My bad for not telling you guys I'd be away.
- I was in the middle of a big new update, which is paused right now.
- I'll resume work on it AFTER the Stanley Cup playoffs, which is eating up all my time cuz I'm studying all the games for my real life goal of becoming GM Steve Yzerman of an ACTUAL NHL team.

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 (Updated March 16, 2019)

Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders for NHL 18

Last edited by jaibubwan; 05-04-2019 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #240
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

I use these sliders in my Be A Pro mode and I absolutely love them. This is my first year getting NHL, as this past year I have heavily gotten in to hockey (dont know what took me so long). After a few games playing the mode, it started to get easy but then I found these sliders and they make this game so much better. Everything is more in tune with the game of hockey and plays like it should. I am thoroughly enjoying this current set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »