Home

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

This is a discussion on Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2019, 09:24 PM   #49
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouserjr0614
New patch and tuner!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I just tried the *next* (meaning this weekends upcoming release) PRO STAR in the post-update & newest 1.04 tuner environment. It seemed to work flawlessly. So we're still on schedule for this weekend.

I just read the new 1.04 tuner notes & it makes sense. The key changes were back-skating speed & AI penalties. Unfortunately, they still haven't fixed the slashing from behind issue. But overall, a decent update.

What's coming up?
- Those of you who didn't like passing accuracy at 0 will be happy. I found a great formula that gives us passing realism without the random wayward passes the 0 value produces.
- The goalie sliders are moved from FULL SIM to new custom settings, so those of you who want more rebound & screening goal opportunities should see improvement.
- Implementing some increased Attribute Effects, which has a big effect on All Star gameplay & CPU strategic setups (will explain later).
- Pro difficulty players should be able to play All-Star difficulty now. Without the artificial perfection & repetitive plays you'd see by default.

It's going to be a pretty significant update! Using the next few days to test over some games. Then Sunday you guys can get the upgrade too!

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 (Updated March 16, 2019)

Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders for NHL 18
Old 02-21-2019, 01:43 PM   #50
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Interested to see where you go with the changes, Jay. Played a few games with these and I like the overall feel. I think loosening up the goalies a touch to get some more net play would be a great addition.

I'll admit I'm starting to experiment with some changes, mainly with the skating, to make play on the rush more dynamic. EA's full sim tuning feels a little flat to me. I like to see the ability to catch a defender flat-footed on a turnover or beaten outside with speed.

Last edited by Qb; 02-21-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:56 PM   #51
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Play 10 minutes and you will see plenty of penalties. 6 minutes is not enough time. If you are anal about shots on goal.....then..well...it is what it is. I am not..I want to feel and play realistic game and 10 minute period to me are a must with this set.

Thing is you can't get hung up on every stat. We all have to remember we are playing a video game in the end. Other than shots on goal being high in all my games....everything else is on point and feels great.
I am not hung up on stats. Was just pointing out my game had none at 6min for everyone to know. I will definitely try 10 min.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden 19 - Falcons year 2
(Mizzourah setup)
FIFA 19 - tabled post patch
Show 18 - Braves year 2
(default AS quick counts)
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
(default competitive sim)
NBA 2K19 - MyPlayer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2019, 02:30 PM   #52
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Interested to see where you go with the changes, Jay. Played a few games with these and I like the overall feel. I think loosening up the goalies a touch to get some more net play would be a great addition.

I'll admit I'm starting to experiment with some changes, mainly with the skating, to make play on the rush more dynamic. EA's full sim tuning feels a little flat to me. I like to see the ability to catch a defender flat-footed on a turnover or beaten outside with speed.
The goalies are definitely "loosened" in the next update. It'll be more fun, because after making the initial save...there will be occasional rebounds that you can capitalize on if you traffic the net.

I also agree with you on speed. I felt in the older release of mine, the CPU defense could easily jump ahead of your breaking out player & overpower him. Then there were some problems with close-range passing that could ruin 2-on-1 breakaways. Both problems are solved now, and you'll get that "dynamic" speed without the "unreal arcade" feel.

I actually solved the passing problem 5 minutes ago. So one more test game, and I'm thinking tomorrow morning I'll post the new PRO STAR before leaving home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
I am not hung up on stats. Was just pointing out my game had none at 6min for everyone to know. I will definitely try 10 min.
@Hunkerdown, when I release the new sliders tomorrow, I'd like you to test them in 6 minute periods. I don't play that way, and it'd be nice to get feedback from someone who plays in that mode. I think the new goalie, passing, and rebound improvements should help you in 6 minute mode.

Last edited by jaibubwan; 02-21-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:50 PM   #53
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

So this update is for the new patch and tuner 1.04 correct?
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-21-2019, 02:53 PM   #54
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Cool, looking forward to it. I had a few of those frustrating passing moments for sure.

In my last game, I ended with backskating @ 0, puck carrier skating @ 95, accel @ 47, and skating speed @ 65 (IIRC). Somewhat surprisingly, it wasn't as wide open as you might think. I slightly raised stumble threshold and incidental contact, so defenders could use body position to slow down an attacking player with momentum. In 3v3 OT, there were a few breakaways and odd-mans, as there should be. Intriguing results, but I want to play through full games to see how it holds up.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:57 PM   #55
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
So this update is for the new patch and tuner 1.04 correct?
Yes. Compatible with game patch 1.55 & tuner 1.04:
https://www.operationsports.com/nhl-...-details-here/

As I said earlier, none of the changes EA made conflicted with the next PRO STAR changes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2019, 05:41 PM   #56
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

I 100% agree in changing up all the areas you’ve been working l on. This set has been a blast so far and I can’t wait too see what you’ve come up with.

I’m not getting many goals and I’m hoping the passing creates better opportunities instead of just shots.

I’ll have one game that’s a goal fest and the rest will be 2-1 3-1.

Anyways you’ve crushed everything else so here’s hoping😝

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »