Home

No point

This is a discussion on No point within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 03-24-2019, 01:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
No point

No point in fiddling with sliders,I'm done.One slider messes up one slider that messes up another one.Some sliders don't do what they are supposed to,then you get what you want and EA releases a patch or tuner that changes everything. I'm using Qb which is combined with Jay's and I'm sticking with it.Otherwise I'll never finish a franchise.We have realize that it is a video game and not real life and just enjoy it for what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2019, 03:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: No point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy
No point in fiddling with sliders,I'm done.One slider messes up one slider that messes up another one.Some sliders don't do what they are supposed to,then you get what you want and EA releases a patch or tuner that changes everything. I'm using Qb which is combined with Jay's and I'm sticking with it.Otherwise I'll never finish a franchise.We have realize that it is a video game and not real life and just enjoy it for what it is.
who is QB?
Old 03-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
No point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
who is QB?

The guy who throws the ball to WR :P
(Sorry, couldnít resist)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
The guy who throws the ball to WR :P
(Sorry, couldnít resist)

That was sort of funny. Maybe my expectations are too high, because MLB The Show allows me to play a franchise with very realistic stats and gameplay (with minimal slider edits) whereas this damn hockey game won't give me anywhere close to the same feeling.

Jay's is the closest it can get IMO, and there's still tons of issues (penalties, # shots on goal, cpu passing, cpu skating & aggressiveness being the most obvious).

Close to waiving the white flag too

Dowie
Old 03-24-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

The irritating thing about this game is thereís always the same issues year after year. Why, at this point, do they have to constantly release patches and tuners? Itís been how many years and they still canít get a true simulation of actual hockey.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #6
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

Also with the Show coming out in 2 days I figure my time left with this game is minimal so Iím just riding it out. Iím not going to finish my season with my created team and Iím fine with that.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:04 PM   #7
Rookie

blueline369's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy
Was beginning to think I was the only one. After this last patch (not tuner update), I have not made it through a full game without turning it off. The predictable scripted bs is too much, I cannot make it through a single game.

Not sure what the game plan is with EA's NHL Franchise , but I am now joining the chorus of 'you lost another dedicated customer'.

It looks to me like all we are getting from here on out is HUT. Of course, there might be a few graphic updates for offline folks in the coming subscription releases, maybe a face scan or two (oooooooohhh, too exciting! ).

I love the game of Hockey so much, that has kept me playing this game. But when the product is just not right, even after fixes, patches and updates... meh... with great sadness, I am done now too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »