Home

AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2019, 07:09 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofthething
I went that low earlier on and I found there were way too many weak goals...45 has been the sweet spot for me where I get a good variety of goals and scores...some 2-1 games and the odd blowouts
I will try it today.
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 6

This game is starting to feel like a scoring fest. Goalies hardly stop anything.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2019, 06:53 PM   #83
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
This game is starting to feel like a scoring fest. Goalies hardly stop anything.
On which difficulty do you play? Do you use the exact same sliders in the first post, including those for goalies, shooting and puck control?

For me, playing with these sliders on All-Star, goaltenders are easily better than they have ever been in this series. If anyting, scoring is even a bit on the low side for me.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Same here. I'm playing on Superstar. Goalies (well my goalie) are very weak, 15 shots from the opponent, 3 goals at least, almost every game..Compared to last year, now there are no penalties from the CPU, 2 at the most for a game. That is a bit too unrealistic as well. Is it because i've downloaded a gameplay version update? Should i use the latest or the v. 1.0?
Old 11-15-2019, 04:25 PM   #85
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde81
Same here. I'm playing on Superstar. Goalies (well my goalie) are very weak, 15 shots from the opponent, 3 goals at least, almost every game..Compared to last year, now there are no penalties from the CPU, 2 at the most for a game. That is a bit too unrealistic as well. Is it because i've downloaded a gameplay version update? Should i use the latest or the v. 1.0?
1.0 or latest is the same tuner, we can't go back to older ones.

As for your issues, it's always a bit hard, because I'm not sure exactly which tweaks you made to sliders, if any. Sometimes a change concerning goalies, shooting or puck control for example could improve things for you in a specific area, but have an unwanted side effect elsewhere. Another thing is that you are using Superstar, which is not the difficulty I use most of the time, I personally use All-Star.

For your goaltender, you could maybe try to increase Human Goalie Save Reaction Time by a few clicks. Or maybe lower CPU Shot Power and CPU Slap Shot Power. As for CPU penalties, increasing CPU Penalties will do the trick for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2019, 04:47 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde81
I'm actually playing on pro with your settings and difficulty slider to 6which in the past gave me a good game cause allstar I just get killed which I used to play really well. Things are feeling different with 20.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
1.0 or latest is the same tuner, we can't go back to older ones.

As for your issues, it's always a bit hard, because I'm not sure exactly which tweaks you made to sliders, if any. Sometimes a change concerning goalies, shooting or puck control for example could improve things for you in a specific area, but have an unwanted side effect elsewhere. Another thing is that you are using Superstar, which is not the difficulty I use most of the time, I personally use All-Star.

For your goaltender, you could maybe try to increase Human Goalie Save Reaction Time by a few clicks. Or maybe lower CPU Shot Power and CPU Slap Shot Power. As for CPU penalties, increasing CPU Penalties will do the trick for you.
I made a few changes what you suggested but nothing really happened. Penalties are okay, but my goalie is still the same. Maybe i should try go back to All-Star from Superstar..
Old 11-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #88
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
I'm actually playing on pro with your settings and difficulty slider to which in the past gave me a good game cause allstar I just get killed which I used to play really well. Things are feeling different with 20.
I'm not playing on Pro, but I'm pretty sure there is something to do with Goalie Cross Crease Reaction Time and Goalie Save Reaction Time to improve things. Increasing these sliders should definitely help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »