Home

AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-10-2019, 03:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Probably something like lower game speed, slower shots, worsen goalies, grittier play, reintroduction of the red line for 2 lines passes, no more hooking penalites and of course, more fights lol! Maybe not everything in this list is possible to get only by changing sliders, but some of them sure are.
Thx man. Iíll try it.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:19 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
I like NHL 20 so far, gameplay is similar, but also with some differences:

Puck control is higher, so I had to increase Skating Impact like Rangi said in the post above.

Skating is different, good so far, but still testing it.

I love new goalies animations when they freeze the puck, it's so much more realistic, as they can cover it in a lot of new maners now. Rebound control is also better.

One timers are also way better with new animations too. The reaching tip-in one timer close to the net is great.

Puck pickups are better too, will have to continue monitoring it though, because I don't want the puck to be glued magnetically to sticks either.

I'm really testing checking, bumps and collisions right now, because it was toned down compared to last year. Poke checks are another concern for me.

So far so good, I will continue to test it today with a few friends coming home to play the game.
Al,
I really love the gameplay with your sliders using the latest tuner! I am now 4 games into my franchise and the skating and puck battles feel realistic on the boards, in the neutral zone and in front of the goal. I play currently on 5 min periods on PRO and the AI pressures, which is a good sign!
Hitting is way better now, but still needs a lot of aggressive play from myself to put numbers of hits up. The AI hits me "obnoxious" from time to time, ;-)
But gameplay feels the best I had since years! Shots are crisp and looking finally good animated. Backhanders have become way more effective and also stick handling through zone entries! Goalie saves like you mentioned are realistic and looking way better in NHL 20 with the new animations. Goalies react great and all the goals I scored felt different and very satisfying like a surprise in a real game, where you also not know if or when your team scores! Great work so far, man! :-)
Old 09-11-2019, 07:03 PM   #11
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengi
Al,
I really love the gameplay with your sliders using the latest tuner! I am now 4 games into my franchise and the skating and puck battles feel realistic on the boards, in the neutral zone and in front of the goal. I play currently on 5 min periods on PRO and the AI pressures, which is a good sign!
Hitting is way better now, but still needs a lot of aggressive play from myself to put numbers of hits up. The AI hits me "obnoxious" from time to time, ;-)
But gameplay feels the best I had since years! Shots are crisp and looking finally good animated. Backhanders have become way more effective and also stick handling through zone entries! Goalie saves like you mentioned are realistic and looking way better in NHL 20 with the new animations. Goalies react great and all the goals I scored felt different and very satisfying like a surprise in a real game, where you also not know if or when your team scores! Great work so far, man! :-)
Okay fine, you convinced me, I'm preordering right now....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofthething
Okay fine, you convinced me, I'm preordering right now....
Not everything is perfect, but I hope you also find the fun again in playing offline games and franchise mode... let us know, what you think of your playing impressions with the silders. I actually have a blast with NHL 20 at the moment!
Old 09-12-2019, 12:58 AM   #13
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Im thoroughly enjoying NHL 20. Thanks for the sliders...ill probably make adjustments eventually but so far Im liking them as they are.

Thanks!!!
Old 09-12-2019, 09:26 PM   #14
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Hey guys, good to know that you like it!

I'm liking it too, but I'm still messing a bit with sliders right now, trying to get some fine-tuning here and there.

One thing I'm looking at is the speed, as I find it a little bit fast. I'm not really talking about game speed itself, but more about players skating. So, I'm trying different things with Skating Speed and Player Acceleration sliders. Just by lowering Acceleration by 5, I'm seeing some good results so far. I will have to play more games, but will probably make at least one adjustment for the Skating section, still not sure exactly what though.

My other main focus is the Checking section. I'm messing mostly with Stumble Threshold, Incidental Contact Effect and Size Effect. Also still looking at Poke Checking Accuracy. Nothing major, but sometimes just a little tweaking by 5-10 clicks and we find the sweet spot.

Other than that, I find the gameplay pretty good for now.

I will keep you updated.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-12-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

I'm liking it too, but I'm still messing a bit with sliders right now, trying to get some fine-tuning here and there.

One thing I'm looking at is the speed, as I find it a little bit fast. I'm not really talking about game speed itself, but more about players skating. So, I'm trying different things with Skating Speed and Player Acceleration sliders. Just by lowering Acceleration by 5, I'm seeing some good results so far. I will have to play more games, but will probably make at least one adjustment for the Skating section, still not sure exactly what though.

My other main focus is the Checking section. I'm messing mostly with Stumble Threshold, Incidental Contact Effect and Size Effect. Also still looking at Poke Checking Accuracy. Nothing major, but sometimes just a little tweaking by 5-10 clicks and we find the sweet spot.

I will keep you updated.
Al,
I have poked a little bit around with the speed of the game and especially skating. On AllStar, the game is vastly too fast for my liking and the AI tends to be a super-passer again like in prior years. So I switched to PRO with 5 min periods and exactly our current slider settings, where the speed and skating are perfect for me. My record in franchise mode is currently 3-2-2 with the Isles and CPU is strong and good opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2019, 04:33 AM   #16
Just started!

Quote:

I will keep you updated.

Iím glad you mentioned the skating speed, I thought it was just me. I tried kicking the game speed down to a 1 but it felt like they were moving in molasses, I like the idea of knocking down the skating speed and acceleration, I went to a 43 on both Hum and CPU and it got better

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »