Home

AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-14-2019, 05:58 AM   #17
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

Thanks for these! I really didn't get into last year. A few games on release day, maybe a few afterwards but it got shelved pretty quick despite me usually playing a lot years prior.

Fired it up last night and put these sliders in first thing, 3/6 difficulty on all star. First couple games were rough, 6-1, 5-2 losses. To be expected having not really played it serious in a year in a half. At first was doubting the sluggish feeling of the sliders. Then I noticed on the main menu there was a gameplay update... 1.0, but asked if I wanted to keep using 1.0. Wah? Ok then. Downloaded it and said to use it and everything felt so much faster. Like incredibly faster. Made sure the sliders were still in and they were. Third game 4-1, fourth game 4-2 wins. Odd, maybe it just took a few games to come back to me, which is more than likely. I remember using your sets before and loved the feel of them so going to be sticking with these likely. See how the year shapes out and use them in a franchise soon.

The speed thing was interesting, an incredible difference after I updated to the same version, heh. Somewhere in between is where I'd prefer it tbqh.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #18
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

Hey Al,

Great sliders as usual...only played one game so far...beat the Ducks 3-0...had 0 PP's. I play 9 minute periods and I'm going to have to give it a few games but last year I ended up lowering goalie reaction way down to 35 (roughly) in order to not have every game end 1-0 or 2-1, we'll see how it goes...

On another note, in order to get through more seasons I like to sim to the trade deadline and play the games from then on...do you guys set the sim scoring to medium or high? I see that's a new setting this year...I have it set to medium and McDavid has 71 points in 63 games but Ovechkin has 48 goals in 63 games...might just have to accept that sim stats will never be realistic
Old 09-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #19
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

Two games in and I haven't had a single PP, I think last year I upped CPU penalties to 90 to get realistic results
Old 09-14-2019, 12:59 PM   #20
Rookie

So the new update makes the game faster? I'm actually in an area with limited high speed so I go to a buddy's to do big updates. So I'm playing the physical copy out of box.

With that being said, even speed of 1 feels a touch fast to me. I like a more methodical pace but still the pace of today's NHL.

I really hope the new update didn't speed it up more. I love the game but it's right on the edge of being too fast to me even at 1. Can always go to 0 but like to use that as last resort. 1 feels good as is but if they made it faster, oh boy. Personal preference i guess. I watch cpu vs cpu and try to get the correct speed that way like I'm sure a lot of players do seeking somewhat sim results.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:10 PM   #21
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil
The speed thing was interesting, an incredible difference after I updated to the same version, heh.
Yeah, that's something really frustating and it's been like that for years now. The first few updates simply overwrite tuner 1.00 instead of creating new ones. So, once we downloaded the update, we can't go back, even if we don't like it. We don't even have updates notes yet this year to know exactly what's in there.

I'm having a hard time to find the correct speed this year. I've tried many different combinations (game speed, player acceleration, skating speed, skating agility), but I'm not completely satisfied yet. I will probably have to go with one, even if it's not perfect.

One thing is for sure, I will make an adjustment, because right now it's like players don't have weight on them when you use default settings. They are kind of floating on the ice real fast and can turn on a dime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2019, 02:34 PM   #22
Rookie

I guess that's one of the advantages of not having my Xbox connected to the internet. I can see what each tuner does and if I want to leave it as is I guess I just don't update it. I really wish they wouldn't take away the weight and increase the speed though as out of the box on speed of 1 it feels great.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:57 PM   #23
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofthething
On another note, in order to get through more seasons I like to sim to the trade deadline and play the games from then on...do you guys set the sim scoring to medium or high? I see that's a new setting this year...I have it set to medium and McDavid has 71 points in 63 games but Ovechkin has 48 goals in 63 games...might just have to accept that sim stats will never be realistic
I've tested a few franchise years to see how medium/high scoring looks.
Low is close to real life.
Medium, top guys will be around 130pts with 10 100+ pts and around 6 50 goal guys.
High scoring looks very similar for the top 20 guys so it's not like they have 200 points but it seems to be more points for all.
Defencemen seem to have too many points on both medium and high.

Wouldn't be surprised though if on high setting you see 150 points and 70 goals. I personally like the medium setting and pretty happy we can have this option in a sports game these days.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:04 PM   #24
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
I've tested a few franchise years to see how medium/high scoring looks.
Low is close to real life.
Medium, top guys will be around 130pts with 10 100+ pts and around 6 50 goal guys.
High scoring looks very similar for the top 20 guys so it's not like they have 200 points but it seems to be more points for all.
Defencemen seem to have too many points on both medium and high.

Wouldn't be surprised though if on high setting you see 150 points and 70 goals. I personally like the medium setting and pretty happy we can have this option in a sports game these days.
Thanks for the input. I think too the coaches might be a factor as well, the top end players might get less points playing for a coach that likes to roll 4 lines. I think the Oilers coach rolls 4 lines and that's why McDavid's stats are a bit low...I would can him but we're sitting in a playoff spot so it's not all that bad

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »