Home

AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-14-2019, 10:29 PM   #25
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

I finally settled with skating speed at 40 (lowered by 5) for now, it seems to give a good pace without it being too fast or too slow. I also increased poke checking accuracy by 5.

Still looking at checking sliders like stumble threshold and incidental contact effect. Also thinking about maybe increasing skating impact in the puck control section by 5, since I find puck control a little bit too high in some situations.

We are coming close to a solid set right now. Unless another update comes and changes everything, of course lol.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-15-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #26
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

Great work Al...the pace feels much better at 40, hopefully EA doesn't update too much or goes and runs a good thing, we don't need another slashing fiasco like last year.

I try to not tweak your sliders too much and have only tweaked the following:

- manual passing off (hate manual passing)
- CPU penalties - 80 (might lower this but at 65 I went 2 straight games without a PP)
- Goalie reaction - 45 (I'm blown away that you can play at 55 with Carey Price and the CPU can actually score on you)
- period length - 9 minutes
Old 09-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #27
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

I think you have a point with the puck control, they must of tweaked that slider this year, I remember last year upping the human control to 10 or 20 because I found 0 to be too loose, but this year I haven't found that to be an issue and have left both CPU and human at 0
Old 09-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm also at skating speed of 40 but at game speed of 1. It feels right to me and I've had some fabulous, scrum filled games with actually a lot of neutral zone play. I set hit power to 20 and it creates a lot more jostles and pushing but you still get the occasional big hit.

I'm sorta on my own set of sliders but thus far have been happy.

I'm 14 games into my season and really loving the feel of it and the gameplay. Good stat results as well.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 24

Played my first game with these last night in play now, a 3-1 win (Caps vs. Preds). Was a pretty awesome game. CPU felt dangerous but not cheap and I was all over the ice with Ovechkin even though he didn't score. Love the game this year. New stick pickups feel so much better and skating generally looks and feels great. The new shooting animations are excellent all-around. One-timers are so satisfying.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:06 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Had my first game beat the Kings 5-2 and felt it was a smooth game. I had it set to all star but may try superstar.

Only thing I feel at times is the CPU is a little lazy with their passing in the offensive zone but I only played one game so could have just been the Kings
Die hard Hockey fan!
Old 09-16-2019, 12:45 PM   #31
Rookie

Game 2:

Okay spoke to soon. Just lost 2-1 against Florida. Florida played much differently and more efficiently than LA did. They are 1st in the eastern in my second season so does make sense.

Stayed with all star and just couldn’t capitalize on my PP time. They had 20 shots to my 23 with 6 minute periods. Very fun and realistic game
Die hard Hockey fan!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 09:06 AM   #32
Rookie

TopThrillAnthony's Arena

To my glorious surprise, these sliders when 8 minutes and all star bring more realistic ai v ai results than I could ever manage! Thank you for these!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »