Home

AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-17-2019, 12:36 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

I entered the sliders from page 1. Played an AHL game and the computer had a 42% passing %. I will try a Champions league game today to see how it plays there.

Adler Mannheim had a 39% passing % today. I had 64% with Zug. I'll have to try and NHL game to see where that fits.

Last edited by panniniclaus; 09-17-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:28 AM   #34
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

As always, great gameplay with your sliders. One outlier was a 7-6 win but usuaaly 3-2 or 2-1 games. I look forward to using them through the year. Thanks for another year of hard work!
Old 09-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #35
Rookie

Anyone using Cpu difficulty adjustment and if so what value? Loving these sliders....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #36
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

I made a few updates to the sliders today. Among other changes, one of the things I wanted to achieve was to make the CPU more dangerous offensively. By improving its passing a bit, I think I was able to do that.

In fact, things are looking pretty good to me right now, so I will soon be able to remove the work in progress tag, I'm coming real close to the final set. What I mean by that is not that there won't be updates anymore, I will continue to make a few tweaks while I continue playing, but they will be less frequent and they will only be little tweaks, nothing major.

Right now, I'm actually still trying some things, like lowering Max Pass Speed by 5, since I find that the CPU sometimes starts some laser passing. It would be good to have a pass speed slider for the CPU only and another for Human, because I find the fast speed to be an issue only for the CPU and lowering it affects Human too, so it's not ideal.

I'm also still looking at checking sliders, trying to find the right balance. I would like little bumps and contacts to have a bit more effect on the puck carrier, without it to be over the top either.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-22-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #37
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

After a few more games, I unfortunately had to revert back passing changes I made yesterday since I was seeing a lot of ping pong passing from the CPU. Trying to improve its offensive level created a really unpleasant issue, so I will simply put it back to where it was.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:57 PM   #38
Just started!

Really loving these on Superstar. Very sloppy but not as absurdly high-scoring as some other sets on here.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #39
Just started!

RFM275's Arena

The issue I am running into is I will quite often outshoot the opponent by almost a 2 to 1 margin but I find myself losing 3-2 or 4-2 quite often. I am playing as the Sharks so I have a pretty solid team. Maybe I am just giving up too many high danger chances with not a great goalie (Jones is an 85).
Old 09-26-2019, 01:50 AM   #40
Rookie

Do these work fine for Human vs Human? Or is the CPU door then like “player 2” Sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »