Home

AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #41
Rookie

LTNINGFan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFM275
The issue I am running into is I will quite often outshoot the opponent by almost a 2 to 1 margin but I find myself losing 3-2 or 4-2 quite often. I am playing as the Sharks so I have a pretty solid team. Maybe I am just giving up too many high danger chances with not a great goalie (Jones is an 85).
Haha, don't feel bad. I am 1-4 so far using TB, first 3 games I used Cyclo's, and the last 2 I used Al Tito's. There is a lot I like about both. I do tend to take stupid penalties, and I can't shoot worth a flip. I want to keep it as sim as possible, but good lord, I am horrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2019, 10:52 AM   #42
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
Do these work fine for Human vs Human? Or is the CPU door then like “player 2” Sliders?
These sliders work as well for Human vs Human as they work for Human vs CPU. In fact, I test them a lot vs Human too, because I have an offline league with a few of my friends. We draft players from around the league at the beginning of the season and then play games following a schedule from time to time during the weekends when we have time to hang together. It would be so much easier to be able to play with custom sliders and custom rosters online, but that's still not possible.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:36 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
These sliders work as well for Human vs Human as they work for Human vs CPU. In fact, I test them a lot vs Human too, because I have an offline league with a few of my friends. We draft players from around the league at the beginning of the season and then play games following a schedule from time to time during the weekends when we have time to hang together. It would be so much easier to be able to play with custom sliders and custom rosters online, but that's still not possible.
Hey no way thats exactly what we are doing... we have an elaborate system of salaries, draft picks, progressions, "boosts" for captains/alternates, upgrades, etc. It is a ton of fun
Old 09-28-2019, 06:04 AM   #44
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Thoroughly enjoyed these in my 2nd game of 10 hr trial.
La alumni v Nyr alumni. So cool to play with Gretzky,Robitaille and Kurri once more!
I bumped CPU difficulty to 3.
6 min periods gamespeed/ skating feels on point.
Shots 33-28 to me. Faceoff were within a few of each other as well as hits. 2 Pp's each.
Lost 6-3...definitely gonna give these some more games...thanks
Old 09-29-2019, 11:30 AM   #45
Just started!

jesusnachos's Arena

I've used these sliders for my franchise, and so far the results are pretty enjoyable. I'm getting a good mix of results - one game I completely blew out the Canucks, then two games later I got worked by the Stars. But the results were realistic and enjoyable. Good work on these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2019, 06:40 PM   #46
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
After a few more games, I unfortunately had to revert back passing changes I made yesterday since I was seeing a lot of ping pong passing from the CPU. Trying to improve its offensive level created a really unpleasant issue, so I will simply put it back to where it was.
I think you may need to revisit this. CPU passing is consistently only in the Early 60% range. Only seeing around max of 2 pp's each also but I'm only playing 6 min periods so maybe fine if you are playing longer.Gonna boost these by 5 each.
Otherwise playing really well..All star playing easier this year you think?
Old 09-30-2019, 09:32 AM   #47
Rookie

Eusebio1887's Arena

Gonna try these sliders today.

With the default Setting i have the issue that i'm winning everything on Pro, but don't have any chance when playing against All-Star CPU.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebio1887
Gonna try these sliders today.

With the default setting, I have the issue that I'm winning everything on Pro, but don't have any chance when playing against All-Star CPU.

I play this set of sliders on PRO with 5 min periods. I have currently a 7-4-3 record in my franchise, they are challenging for me at least and no game has been similar. It is actually a lot of fun to play with this set of sliders!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »