Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2020, 09:35 PM   #201
MVP

OVR: 0
Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Sup Cy, just wanted to give you some props on these. I spent a solid 15-20 hours fine-tuning this game on my own, and my results were very close to what you have here, to where I found myself saying “yeah this guy knows what’s up” more than once, coming back several times to check my values against yours, to the point where I eventually just put yours in verbatim except for a couple things I disagree with. Cheers man. Good work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2020, 04:20 AM   #202
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Cycloniac, quick question. Last night when I booted up NHL 20, I noticed there was a gameplay update available. I don’t remember reading anything about a new gameplay update so I downloaded it anyways. After it downloaded the new tuner set, I was given three options. 1) keep existing version 1.00, 2) use the latest version 1.00 or 3) always use the latest version. I chose option 1. Did I mistakenly choose to keep the current version 1.00? And if so, can I change it to the latest version 1.00? I’m a little confused since both were labeled 1.00. I do have the latest patch (1.60) downloaded. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-16-2020, 08:46 AM   #203
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
Cycloniac, quick question. Last night when I booted up NHL 20, I noticed there was a gameplay update available. I don’t remember reading anything about a new gameplay update so I downloaded it anyways. After it downloaded the new tuner set, I was given three options. 1) keep existing version 1.00, 2) use the latest version 1.00 or 3) always use the latest version. I chose option 1. Did I mistakenly choose to keep the current version 1.00? And if so, can I change it to the latest version 1.00? I’m a little confused since both were labeled 1.00. I do have the latest patch (1.60) downloaded. Thanks in advance for your help.

The gameplay update is a false positive. As long as you have the latest patch, that's all that matters

Select tuner v1.00

Old 04-16-2020, 01:26 PM   #204
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
The gameplay update is a false positive. As long as you have the latest patch, that's all that matters

Select tuner v1.00

That’s what I thought. Thanks for the clarification....

Old 04-19-2020, 05:26 AM   #205
Rookie

Wow, these are the definitive sliders for franchise. I used to use your sliders for the 2k series and this plays like it's NHL 2k20 I think.

I haven't enjoyed EA hockey so much until now. The looseness of the puck creates great puck battles at both ends. The goalies are realistic yet vulnerable if you work hard to cycle. The stats are great too.

Just awesome work Cycloniac, the closest to real hockey that you can get imho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2020, 09:28 PM   #206
MVP

Love you sliders. Used them last year as well. I created a 70's roster and was looking for any slider changes you might think would create a more 70's game play? Withnyour current 15 min set I'm getting about 2.5 goals per game per team. I'd like that closer to 3.5. Thanks
Old 04-20-2020, 11:26 PM   #207
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Love you sliders. Used them last year as well. I created a 70's roster and was looking for any slider changes you might think would create a more 70's game play? Withnyour current 15 min set I'm getting about 2.5 goals per game per team. I'd like that closer to 3.5. Thanks
Increase puck control first, then try shot accuracy

Old 04-23-2020, 05:07 PM   #208
Rookie

TopThrillAnthony's Arena

Here's some feedback I have for you after about 15 runs of the 15 minute slider set.
Details:
All 15 runs of these sliders were EXACTLY THE SAME in terms of what sliders I used, rosters, teams, etc.
Tampa Bay (Away) vs Detroit (Home)
Tuner Edition: V1.00 (doesn't really matter though)
All simulations were run using the most RECENT edition of the TrueSim 15 minute sliders (updated 4/13/20).
All simulations were run using the most RECENT edition of the TrueSim Roster Project
The lines, strategies, etc. were left untouched.
The rosters that I used as a base were the most recent (March 30th I think?) edition. From there is when I applied the TrueSim ratings.
I double checked to make sure that every slider correctly matched the ones given by the 15 minute sliders. The rosters were also double checked to make sure that all positions, potentials, and attributes were correct.

All 15 simulations were run in Play Now mode, True Broadcast.

Here were my findings:
-About 65 shots per game. I won't be giving decimal numbers unless I feel it is necessary. Tampa Bay averaged about 36 shots per game, while Detroit averaged about 29 shots per game. In my opinion, 65 shots per game is pretty good. I only kept the averages around, but I now realize that using my statistics calculator could've told the tale of this simulation testing experiment a lot better, with standard deviation and such.

-About 4.5 goals per game. Tampa Bay averaged 2.5, Detroit averaged 2.0. Most games were low scoring. Five games were shutouts, including 4 for Tampa Bay and 1 for Detroit. Tampa scored more than 3 goals only twice of the fifteen sims, while Detroit never surpassed 3. Final opinion: Today's NHL has a bit more scoring than this, but I see you gave some suggestions for increasing the scoring above. I'll have to try that. I'd like to hit around 6 to 6.5 goals per game.

-About 69 hits per game. Tampa Bay averaged 41, Detroit averaged 28. Loving it!

-About 7 penalties per game. Tampa Bay averaged 4, Detroit averaged 3. Most penalties were slashes, hooks, and trips. A couple of holds, a singular high sticking penalty that resulted in a double minor. One five minute major was called for a check to the back. No charging, no boarding, no interference, no delay of game. I wish the other penalties would get called more for some variety, but that's more on the game than it is on the sliders.

-About 49 faceoffs per game, with Tampa Bay averaging 25 wins as opposed to Detroit's 24. With the average amount of faceoffs per game being about 56-57 this year, I'm neutral with this result. I could go for more faceoffs, but I know it's extremely hard. 3 games DID hit that 56-56 faceoff mark, though two of them went to overtime and all three had higher-than-average shots and penalties.

-Here comes the doozy. The power plays. It's ironic for multiple reasons. Tampa Bay is the offensive powerhouse, and Detroit is the worst team in the league. TB was 5th this year on PPs, 23%. Detroit was 31st this year on PKs, 74%. Of Tampa Bay's 51 total power plays, they scored on 2 of them (3.9%). Of Detroit's 67 power plays, they scored on 5 of them (7.2%). 10 games featured no power play goals, three games featured one power play goal, and two games featured two power play goals. Overall, the power plays were atrocious. I don't know if trying those scoring-boosting suggestions above will improve them (I assume they will, but only because the goals in general will be improved), but I'll give it a shot.

Last note, gameplay looked good. Boardplay, puck battles, clean passes, broken passes. Cross-crease goals, deflections, some funky ones in there.

I feel like the power play issue is more on the game than it is on you tbh. Other than that, good work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »