Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #17
Rookie
 
TopThrillAnthony's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2019
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

After the first period of one game, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing for the most part. Except I'd really love if you could figure out how to make realistic sliders using Pro or Superstar difficulty.

All-Star is notorious this year for being just a super passing AI that never shoots when it should. Even Superstar does it better. The All-Star AI is only concentrated on passing, often passing backwards or right to the opponent, causing turnovers. They often will pass up on a shot in the slot just to pass to someone trying a slap shot 1 foot from the goalie. Of course, the goalie is going to save that, it's right in front of him!
TopThrillAnthony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:16 PM   #18
TrueSim Projects-Creator
 
Cycloniac's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,616
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThrillAnthony
After the first period of one game, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing for the most part. Except I'd really love if you could figure out how to make realistic sliders using Pro or Superstar difficulty.

All-Star is notorious this year for being just a super passing AI that never shoots when it should. Even Superstar does it better. The All-Star AI is only concentrated on passing, often passing backwards or right to the opponent, causing turnovers. They often will pass up on a shot in the slot just to pass to someone trying a slap shot 1 foot from the goalie. Of course, the goalie is going to save that, it's right in front of him!
It's interesting that you would mention superstar. I've strayed away from superstar because that difficulty level has been notorious from causing wonky gameplay with more CPU AI boosts

Has that changed this year?

With pro, I often find people say it's too easy, so I would be trying to artificially make that difficulty level more challenging. Is pro more difficult this year?
__________________
THE TrueSim PROJECTS

Cycloniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:33 PM   #19
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: May 2004
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThrillAnthony
After the first period of one game, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing for the most part. Except I'd really love if you could figure out how to make realistic sliders using Pro or Superstar difficulty.

All-Star is notorious this year for being just a super passing AI that never shoots when it should. Even Superstar does it better. The All-Star AI is only concentrated on passing, often passing backwards or right to the opponent, causing turnovers. They often will pass up on a shot in the slot just to pass to someone trying a slap shot 1 foot from the goalie. Of course, the goalie is going to save that, it's right in front of him!
I noticed the same thing with the AI passing backwards or to the opponent. Thought it was just me!
Steven547 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:40 PM   #20
TrueSim Projects-Creator
 
Cycloniac's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,616
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I noticed the same thing with the AI passing backwards or to the opponent. Thought it was just me!
Could you give the sliders a run on superstar and share how it goes?
__________________
THE TrueSim PROJECTS

Cycloniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:18 PM   #21
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: May 2004
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Could you give the sliders a run on superstar and share how it goes?
Well, honestly, I couldn't do anymore than 1 period after the frustration I just had with this game. I played on Position Lock (San Jose) against Ottawa. Picked a good team vs a mediocre to see if there was a difference.

There was a difference in Ottawa's favor! They were faster than me, passes were dead on, no penalties against them, and puck control was amazing. After one period, they were already leading 2-0 and had:
13 SOG
77.8% passing
2 Powerplays

As far as the AI making stupid passes. Seemed to happen more frequent. Several times I saw the AI pass back to an empty area of the ice. No idea who they were passing to. AI players would pass into a crowd of players. Then, they shot the puck, it hit my goalie, when in his catching glove, and miraculously bounced back OUT to the opposing player sitting in front of an empty net.
Steven547 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 09:31 PM   #22
TrueSim Projects-Creator
 
Cycloniac's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,616
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Well, honestly, I couldn't do anymore than 1 period after the frustration I just had with this game. I played on Position Lock (San Jose) against Ottawa. Picked a good team vs a mediocre to see if there was a difference.

There was a difference in Ottawa's favor! They were faster than me, passes were dead on, no penalties against them, and puck control was amazing. After one period, they were already leading 2-0 and had:
13 SOG
77.8% passing
2 Powerplays

As far as the AI making stupid passes. Seemed to happen more frequent. Several times I saw the AI pass back to an empty area of the ice. No idea who they were passing to. AI players would pass into a crowd of players. Then, they shot the puck, it hit my goalie, when in his catching glove, and miraculously bounced back OUT to the opposing player sitting in front of an empty net.
Yikes lol

Yup, was worried superstar difficulty would cause some of that
__________________
THE TrueSim PROJECTS

Cycloniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:30 PM   #23
Rookie
 
WeAreAllKings's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2016
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
It's interesting that you would mention superstar. I've strayed away from superstar because that difficulty level has been notorious from causing wonky gameplay with more CPU AI boosts



Has that changed this year?



With pro, I often find people say it's too easy, so I would be trying to artificially make that difficulty level more challenging. Is pro more difficult this year?


Iím currently using your sliders on PRO difficulty and I have found that the CPU shoots more than they did in 19. Iíve always believed that any difficulty past PRO (in the next gen era of NHL) gave the CPU an edge factor that made them impossible to stop. I used your sliders from last year on PRO as well. Not sure if this helps your question about the PRO difficulty or not....


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
WeAreAllKings is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:06 PM   #24
TrueSim Projects-Creator
 
Cycloniac's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,616
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
Iím currently using your sliders on PRO difficulty and I have found that the CPU shoots more than they did in 19. Iíve always believed that any difficulty past PRO (in the next gen era of NHL) gave the CPU an edge factor that made them impossible to stop. I used your sliders from last year on PRO as well. Not sure if this helps your question about the PRO difficulty or not....


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Fun fact:
The very first set (or two) of sliders I released for NHL games were on Pro difficulty, back in NHL 13. I stopped using Pro because people said it wasn't challenging enough, but I will give the sliders a run or two on Pro to see how they play
__________________
THE TrueSim PROJECTS

Cycloniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Top -