Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #17
Rookie

TopThrillAnthony's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

After the first period of one game, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing for the most part. Except I'd really love if you could figure out how to make realistic sliders using Pro or Superstar difficulty.

All-Star is notorious this year for being just a super passing AI that never shoots when it should. Even Superstar does it better. The All-Star AI is only concentrated on passing, often passing backwards or right to the opponent, causing turnovers. They often will pass up on a shot in the slot just to pass to someone trying a slap shot 1 foot from the goalie. Of course, the goalie is going to save that, it's right in front of him!
Old 09-23-2019, 06:16 PM   #18
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThrillAnthony
After the first period of one game, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing for the most part. Except I'd really love if you could figure out how to make realistic sliders using Pro or Superstar difficulty.

All-Star is notorious this year for being just a super passing AI that never shoots when it should. Even Superstar does it better. The All-Star AI is only concentrated on passing, often passing backwards or right to the opponent, causing turnovers. They often will pass up on a shot in the slot just to pass to someone trying a slap shot 1 foot from the goalie. Of course, the goalie is going to save that, it's right in front of him!
It's interesting that you would mention superstar. I've strayed away from superstar because that difficulty level has been notorious from causing wonky gameplay with more CPU AI boosts

Has that changed this year?

With pro, I often find people say it's too easy, so I would be trying to artificially make that difficulty level more challenging. Is pro more difficult this year?

Old 09-23-2019, 06:33 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThrillAnthony

I noticed the same thing with the AI passing backwards or to the opponent. Thought it was just me!
Old 09-23-2019, 06:40 PM   #20
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I noticed the same thing with the AI passing backwards or to the opponent. Thought it was just me!
Could you give the sliders a run on superstar and share how it goes?

Old 09-23-2019, 08:18 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Could you give the sliders a run on superstar and share how it goes?
Well, honestly, I couldn't do anymore than 1 period after the frustration I just had with this game. I played on Position Lock (San Jose) against Ottawa. Picked a good team vs a mediocre to see if there was a difference.

There was a difference in Ottawa's favor! They were faster than me, passes were dead on, no penalties against them, and puck control was amazing. After one period, they were already leading 2-0 and had:
13 SOG
77.8% passing
2 Powerplays

As far as the AI making stupid passes. Seemed to happen more frequent. Several times I saw the AI pass back to an empty area of the ice. No idea who they were passing to. AI players would pass into a crowd of players. Then, they shot the puck, it hit my goalie, when in his catching glove, and miraculously bounced back OUT to the opposing player sitting in front of an empty net.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 09:31 PM   #22
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Well, honestly, I couldn't do anymore than 1 period after the frustration I just had with this game. I played on Position Lock (San Jose) against Ottawa. Picked a good team vs a mediocre to see if there was a difference.

There was a difference in Ottawa's favor! They were faster than me, passes were dead on, no penalties against them, and puck control was amazing. After one period, they were already leading 2-0 and had:
13 SOG
77.8% passing
2 Powerplays

As far as the AI making stupid passes. Seemed to happen more frequent. Several times I saw the AI pass back to an empty area of the ice. No idea who they were passing to. AI players would pass into a crowd of players. Then, they shot the puck, it hit my goalie, when in his catching glove, and miraculously bounced back OUT to the opposing player sitting in front of an empty net.
Yikes lol

Yup, was worried superstar difficulty would cause some of that

Old 09-23-2019, 10:30 PM   #23
Rookie

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
It's interesting that you would mention superstar. I've strayed away from superstar because that difficulty level has been notorious from causing wonky gameplay with more CPU AI boosts

Has that changed this year?

With pro, I often find people say it's too easy, so I would be trying to artificially make that difficulty level more challenging. Is pro more difficult this year?

Iím currently using your sliders on PRO difficulty and I have found that the CPU shoots more than they did in 19. Iíve always believed that any difficulty past PRO (in the next gen era of NHL) gave the CPU an edge factor that made them impossible to stop. I used your sliders from last year on PRO as well. Not sure if this helps your question about the PRO difficulty or not....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-23-2019, 11:06 PM   #24
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
Iím currently using your sliders on PRO difficulty and I have found that the CPU shoots more than they did in 19. Iíve always believed that any difficulty past PRO (in the next gen era of NHL) gave the CPU an edge factor that made them impossible to stop. I used your sliders from last year on PRO as well. Not sure if this helps your question about the PRO difficulty or not....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Fun fact:
The very first set (or two) of sliders I released for NHL games were on Pro difficulty, back in NHL 13. I stopped using Pro because people said it wasn't challenging enough, but I will give the sliders a run or two on Pro to see how they play

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »