Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2019, 01:45 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

For a test, here is what I did:

Attribute effect: 6 (wouldn't go any higher, but felt a tad different)
Game speed: 1 (Felt more flow with this at 1)
8 min periods. (Helped reduce the incredibly high shot totals)
For fun, pass accuracy at 100 for each.

Results using SJ (position lock as RD) vs Ottawa....

Shots were much lower. 5 OTT v 7 SJ
Powerplays: OTT 0/2 SJ 0/1 (yes, I actually had a powerplay)
Faceoffs won: OTT 11 SJ 3

Pass %: OTT 70.8% SJ 61.4% (This stat is weird because no matter what, my team seems to stay around 60-63% and the CPU hits high 60's. I thought this would be higher because of the pass accuracy, along with the shot totals.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 06:50 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
For a test, here is what I did:

Attribute effect: 6 (wouldn't go any higher, but felt a tad different)
Game speed: 1 (Felt more flow with this at 1)
8 min periods. (Helped reduce the incredibly high shot totals)
For fun, pass accuracy at 100 for each.

Results using SJ (position lock as RD) vs Ottawa....

Shots were much lower. 5 OTT v 7 SJ
Powerplays: OTT 0/2 SJ 0/1 (yes, I actually had a powerplay)
Faceoffs won: OTT 11 SJ 3

Pass %: OTT 70.8% SJ 61.4% (This stat is weird because no matter what, my team seems to stay around 60-63% and the CPU hits high 60's. I thought this would be higher because of the pass accuracy, along with the shot totals.)
I know it seems odd but I've always wondered if the pass accuracy slider was misunderstood. I feel like the higher it is the more it uses the player ratings and it seems like passes are less accurate.
NFL- Lions
NBA -Pistons
ECHL - Toledo Walleyes
NCAA- Toledo Rockets
AAA - Toledo Mud Hens
Old 09-24-2019, 09:53 AM   #27
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazjason
I know it seems odd but I've always wondered if the pass accuracy slider was misunderstood. I feel like the higher it is the more it uses the player ratings and it seems like passes are less accurate.
I used to think this way also. I've gone back and forth with it.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #28
MVP

Quick thoughts on sliders:

IMO, I've always hated all the sliders in this game. The game should be based off player ratings alone. I had a hockey game (Superstar Ice hockey) on the Apple IIGS (yes I'm old). The game played based on the ratings of a player. If I put the players ratings at 99 across the board, he played like a 99 across the board. Now, we have sliders that I feel "wash" away the ratings. Sliders should only be for things like audio or time. Things that are not player affected.

Back to these sliders, after raising the games speed to 1, I actually had a Power Play. I'm wondering if the game speed plays a part in the penalties. Given I only played one period to test, but I saw promising results with speed at 1 and time reduced to 8 mins.
It is EA, so anything is possible. Plus, the game did feel a tad better with flow.

I also think the sliders mixed with your re-rated rosters will do wonders for the game like they did last year. So I think we're kind of in limbo right now and need to take that in consideration.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #29
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Quick thoughts on sliders:

IMO, I've always hated all the sliders in this game. The game should be based off player ratings alone. I had a hockey game (Superstar Ice hockey) on the Apple IIGS (yes I'm old). The game played based on the ratings of a player. If I put the players ratings at 99 across the board, he played like a 99 across the board. Now, we have sliders that I feel "wash" away the ratings. Sliders should only be for things like audio or time. Things that are not player affected.

Back to these sliders, after raising the games speed to 1, I actually had a Power Play. I'm wondering if the game speed plays a part in the penalties. Given I only played one period to test, but I saw promising results with speed at 1 and time reduced to 8 mins.
It is EA, so anything is possible. Plus, the game did feel a tad better with flow.

I also think the sliders mixed with your re-rated rosters will do wonders for the game like they did last year. So I think we're kind of in limbo right now and need to take that in consideration.
I think that's a big part of it; all of the testing I am doing is with my roster re-rates

Here is some footage of a game I just finished, Hawks vs Hurricanes. Pro difficulty and a couple of other changes.
Watch NHL 20 Blackhawks vs Hurricanes from cycloniac on www.twitch.tv
I think there is a lot to like about pro. I really enjoyed this game and liked the flow.

A couple of cool notes:
-Saw an interference penalty for the first time this year
-Figured out the slider that triggers the goalie's play puck frequency rating. It is the reaction speed slider. Finally seeing goalies play the puck now.
-The AI does indeed seem to be more aggressive taking shots when available, saw moments where they took shots off the rush or decided to play the cycle game.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:38 PM   #30
Rookie

AllIn989's Arena

OVR: 0

Cycloniac are these changes on the first page wanna try these out with the new changes for goalies coming out to play the puck...
Old 09-24-2019, 08:15 PM   #31
MVP

Well, consider me stumped! I tried what Cyclo mentioned and played a game on PRO. Again I did position lock on SJ and played against OTT.

Using changes I did before:
Attribute effect: 6
Game speed: 1
8 min periods.
Pass Accuracy: 100 each
Min/Max Passing Speed: increase 10 each.
Difficulty: PRO

What happened? I saw more organic gameplay than I have in the other games I've played. And the really weird thing? I had 4 power plays??! I know, you probably fell over in your chair. I had 4 power plays...on PRO.

OTT v SJ

GOALS: 2 - 6
Shots: 30 v 41
TOA: 6:41 v 9:01
Passing: 72.3 v 69.5
PP: 0/3 v 1/4

Now, given it's PRO and that could be why, but I felt like I was playing Ottawa (no offense against Ottawa fans!). I dominated, yet they kept on me. I was able to set up plays.

Another thing, I didn't see those odd AI passing...not "pass backs", etc.

E Kane had 3 goals.
Karlsson 1G 1 A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 08:29 PM   #32
Rookie

TopThrillAnthony's Arena

OVR: 0

I discovered last year that Pro difficulty is THE MOST fun to play against. They're the most realistic imo.

Last edited by TopThrillAnthony; 09-24-2019 at 08:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »