Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-27-2019, 07:00 PM   #57
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThrillAnthony
I just realized why I was getting high shot totals. My franchise mode put Power Play and Coincidental Penalty time sliders at 6/6 and 5/6 respectively LMFAO.
Oh ya, whenever I start franchise, that happens for some reason

Old 09-27-2019, 08:23 PM   #58
Rookie

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I am releasing version 2 of the set on Pro soon, with several other adjustments, but in the meantime, bump period length down to 8 minutes

I haven't decided yet if I will bump it down to 8 for v2, testing a bit more

Looking forward to your v2 slider set for PRO. Iím still getting good games using v1 on PRO right now. Iím still using 9 minute periods and I see a good majority of shots, but playing better D and getting sticks/bodies into the passing/shooting lanes helps mitigate that for me. But I do like how much more the CPU shoots this year. Last year, the CPU didnít shoot enough and we were trying to adjust sliders to make them shoot more. When are you thinking that v2 will be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-28-2019, 12:46 AM   #59
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Some more tweaks to v2, share feedback. Worked on tightening things up, creating more sloppy play, more puck battles and fewer high danger scoring chances.
Watch NHL 20 Jackets vs Hawks from cycloniac on www.twitch.tv

1st and 2nd period end around 30 minutes in, skip to about 1 hour, 51 minutes for 3rd period

Old 09-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #60
Just started!

I used your sliders for NHL 19, which were superb for me. Been playing about 30 games now with the v1 sliders (some games with some own modifications, like gameplay speed to 1). Playing with Maple Leafs right now. I'll list my foundings:

- CPU can't score. Maybe I will lower my goaltending sliders and see what happens.
- v1 sliders with SUPERSTAR plays really nice, until CPU starts cheating, which is the curse of EA NHL games.
- With suggested PRO - settings: Its way too easy to score.

I'll stick with the ALL-STAR, because it seems to be best fit for this game. PRO is too easy (of course I will try v2 version when it comes) and in SUPERSTAR CPU starts cheating like it did in NHL 19.
Old 09-28-2019, 03:36 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimurautio
I used your sliders for NHL 19, which were superb for me. Been playing about 30 games now with the v1 sliders (some games with some own modifications, like gameplay speed to 1). Playing with Maple Leafs right now. I'll list my foundings:

- CPU can't score. Maybe I will lower my goaltending sliders and see what happens.
- v1 sliders with SUPERSTAR plays really nice, until CPU starts cheating, which is the curse of EA NHL games.
- With suggested PRO - settings: Its way too easy to score.

I'll stick with the ALL-STAR, because it seems to be best fit for this game. PRO is too easy (of course I will try v2 version when it comes) and in SUPERSTAR CPU starts cheating like it did in NHL 19.
That's what I found, too. Superstar is complete cheat mode for CPU. PRO is way too easy to dominate and score, however, I seem to get more penalties on both teams in PRO. All Star is probably the best, but needs roster and slider tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #62
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

I'm sure you've gone over this in the past for previous installments, but how exactly does the CPU difficulty adjustment effect gameplay? I was curious about playing Pro with that slider up?
Old 09-28-2019, 10:15 PM   #63
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSuperman
I'm sure you've gone over this in the past for previous installments, but how exactly does the CPU difficulty adjustment effect gameplay? I was curious about playing Pro with that slider up?
That slider artificially boosts the CPU, both that and the AI Learning slider, which is why I always immediately lower both to 0. Raise it at own risk

Old 09-29-2019, 02:14 PM   #64
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

More footage of v2 in its current build
Watch NHL 20 Sabres vs Stars from cycloniac on www.twitch.tv

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »