Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2019, 09:54 PM   #65
Rookie

Ace1234NY's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Funny that everyone is saying the effort here is towards increasing penalties. Using these sliders for Be A Pro and I just had to quit out halfway through the second period because almost the entire game was being played on special teams due to constant penalties. Maybe something with a gameplay update since launch? Perhaps the less skilled CHL players have less discipline? But it was like 6 penalties per team halfway through the 2nd before I called it quits. Going to have to figure something out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 09:58 PM   #66
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1234NY
Funny that everyone is saying the effort here is towards increasing penalties. Using these sliders for Be A Pro and I just had to quit out halfway through the second period because almost the entire game was being played on special teams due to constant penalties. Maybe something with a gameplay update since launch? Perhaps the less skilled CHL players have less discipline? But it was like 6 penalties per team halfway through the 2nd before I called it quits. Going to have to figure something out.
I would imagine that both defensive awareness and discipline are much lower in the CHL, try decreasing the global penalty slider from 4 to 3

Old 09-30-2019, 10:17 PM   #67
Rookie

Ace1234NY's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I would imagine that both defensive awareness and discipline are much lower in the CHL, try decreasing the global penalty slider from 4 to 3
Oh wow. I somehow missed that you even had that at 4. I already had it at 3 lol. After the 1st I actually lowered that to 2 but it didn't seem to help much. I may just try going to 1. For my own tweaking purposes, would you mind helping me with a question? Under penalty sliders I see there is "CPU penalties" and "CPU teammate penalties" and there are also sliders for each individual penalty for human and cpu. But if each individual penalty slider increases/decreases the occurance of that specific penalty, what do the "CPU penalties" and "CPU teammate penalties" do? Global modifier on top of the individual penalty sliders? Or is the relationship different?

Thanks for the fast response. Other than penalties, I am enjoying this set so far. I play on the 3rd line and with default sliders I'd barely see the ice. But the little time when there was actually even strength, line rotation seemed much better. Play is really sloppy with players having trouble picking up the puck and scoring goals, but I guess that's what you would get playing with a bunch of teenagers lol. Thanks again for this set.

Last edited by Ace1234NY; 09-30-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:01 AM   #68
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1234NY
Oh wow. I somehow missed that you even had that at 4. I already had it at 3 lol. After the 1st I actually lowered that to 2 but it didn't seem to help much. I may just try going to 1. For my own tweaking purposes, would you mind helping me with a question? Under penalty sliders I see there is "CPU penalties" and "CPU teammate penalties" and there are also sliders for each individual penalty for human and cpu. But if each individual penalty slider increases/decreases the occurance of that specific penalty, what do the "CPU penalties" and "CPU teammate penalties" do? Global modifier on top of the individual penalty sliders? Or is the relationship different?

Thanks for the fast response. Other than penalties, I am enjoying this set so far. I play on the 3rd line and with default sliders I'd barely see the ice. But the little time when there was actually even strength, line rotation seemed much better. Play is really sloppy with players having trouble picking up the puck and scoring goals, but I guess that's what you would get playing with a bunch of teenagers lol. Thanks again for this set.
They are global modifiers ontop of the individual penalty sliders, so if you really wanted to see fewer penalties, you could lower the individual penalty sliders, the CPU penalty slider and the CPU teammate penalty slider. They all have an affect.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #69
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Happy Opening Night all!

Version 2 is now on the OP

There were a lot of changes, especially to get the right gameplay from Pro difficulty. I focussed on getting the game much more loose, and trying to limit the number of quality scoring chances you can get. It is sloppy, realistic hockey that takes most of the concepts from the original set, but builds on them.

I will be using and tweaking the Pro set going forward, but left the original All-Star set available.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Happy Opening Night all!

Version 2 is now on the OP

There were a lot of changes, especially to get the right gameplay from Pro difficulty. I focussed on getting the game much more loose, and trying to limit the number of quality scoring chances you can get. It is sloppy, realistic hockey that takes most of the concepts from the original set, but builds on them.

I will be using and tweaking the Pro set going forward, but left the original All-Star set available.
Thanks for this. So Version 2 is PRO? Right now it says All Star. Just wanted to clarify.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:29 PM   #71
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Thanks for this. So Version 2 is PRO? Right now it says All Star. Just wanted to clarify.
That's right, typo

It is Pro

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 16

Any other updates on these sliders? I read that All Star and Superstar difficulties seem to be swapped, and I am leaning towards agreeing. Which might be why I felt such a "comeback" mode by the CPU using All Star.

Also, how are the rosters coming along?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »