Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2019, 10:54 PM   #65
Rookie
 
Ace1234NY's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Funny that everyone is saying the effort here is towards increasing penalties. Using these sliders for Be A Pro and I just had to quit out halfway through the second period because almost the entire game was being played on special teams due to constant penalties. Maybe something with a gameplay update since launch? Perhaps the less skilled CHL players have less discipline? But it was like 6 penalties per team halfway through the 2nd before I called it quits. Going to have to figure something out.
Ace1234NY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 10:58 PM   #66
TrueSim Projects-Creator
 
Cycloniac's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,613
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1234NY
Funny that everyone is saying the effort here is towards increasing penalties. Using these sliders for Be A Pro and I just had to quit out halfway through the second period because almost the entire game was being played on special teams due to constant penalties. Maybe something with a gameplay update since launch? Perhaps the less skilled CHL players have less discipline? But it was like 6 penalties per team halfway through the 2nd before I called it quits. Going to have to figure something out.
I would imagine that both defensive awareness and discipline are much lower in the CHL, try decreasing the global penalty slider from 4 to 3
__________________
THE TrueSim PROJECTS

Cycloniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:17 PM   #67
Rookie
 
Ace1234NY's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I would imagine that both defensive awareness and discipline are much lower in the CHL, try decreasing the global penalty slider from 4 to 3
Oh wow. I somehow missed that you even had that at 4. I already had it at 3 lol. After the 1st I actually lowered that to 2 but it didn't seem to help much. I may just try going to 1. For my own tweaking purposes, would you mind helping me with a question? Under penalty sliders I see there is "CPU penalties" and "CPU teammate penalties" and there are also sliders for each individual penalty for human and cpu. But if each individual penalty slider increases/decreases the occurance of that specific penalty, what do the "CPU penalties" and "CPU teammate penalties" do? Global modifier on top of the individual penalty sliders? Or is the relationship different?

Thanks for the fast response. Other than penalties, I am enjoying this set so far. I play on the 3rd line and with default sliders I'd barely see the ice. But the little time when there was actually even strength, line rotation seemed much better. Play is really sloppy with players having trouble picking up the puck and scoring goals, but I guess that's what you would get playing with a bunch of teenagers lol. Thanks again for this set.

Last edited by Ace1234NY; 09-30-2019 at 11:20 PM.
Ace1234NY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:01 AM   #68
TrueSim Projects-Creator
 
Cycloniac's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,613
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1234NY
Oh wow. I somehow missed that you even had that at 4. I already had it at 3 lol. After the 1st I actually lowered that to 2 but it didn't seem to help much. I may just try going to 1. For my own tweaking purposes, would you mind helping me with a question? Under penalty sliders I see there is "CPU penalties" and "CPU teammate penalties" and there are also sliders for each individual penalty for human and cpu. But if each individual penalty slider increases/decreases the occurance of that specific penalty, what do the "CPU penalties" and "CPU teammate penalties" do? Global modifier on top of the individual penalty sliders? Or is the relationship different?

Thanks for the fast response. Other than penalties, I am enjoying this set so far. I play on the 3rd line and with default sliders I'd barely see the ice. But the little time when there was actually even strength, line rotation seemed much better. Play is really sloppy with players having trouble picking up the puck and scoring goals, but I guess that's what you would get playing with a bunch of teenagers lol. Thanks again for this set.
They are global modifiers ontop of the individual penalty sliders, so if you really wanted to see fewer penalties, you could lower the individual penalty sliders, the CPU penalty slider and the CPU teammate penalty slider. They all have an affect.
__________________
THE TrueSim PROJECTS

Cycloniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #69
TrueSim Projects-Creator
 
Cycloniac's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,613
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Happy Opening Night all!

Version 2 is now on the OP

There were a lot of changes, especially to get the right gameplay from Pro difficulty. I focussed on getting the game much more loose, and trying to limit the number of quality scoring chances you can get. It is sloppy, realistic hockey that takes most of the concepts from the original set, but builds on them.

I will be using and tweaking the Pro set going forward, but left the original All-Star set available.
__________________
THE TrueSim PROJECTS

Cycloniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #70
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: May 2004
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Happy Opening Night all!

Version 2 is now on the OP

There were a lot of changes, especially to get the right gameplay from Pro difficulty. I focussed on getting the game much more loose, and trying to limit the number of quality scoring chances you can get. It is sloppy, realistic hockey that takes most of the concepts from the original set, but builds on them.

I will be using and tweaking the Pro set going forward, but left the original All-Star set available.
Thanks for this. So Version 2 is PRO? Right now it says All Star. Just wanted to clarify.
Steven547 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #71
TrueSim Projects-Creator
 
Cycloniac's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,613
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Thanks for this. So Version 2 is PRO? Right now it says All Star. Just wanted to clarify.
That's right, typo

It is Pro
__________________
THE TrueSim PROJECTS

Cycloniac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 11:40 PM   #72
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: May 2004
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

Any other updates on these sliders? I read that All Star and Superstar difficulties seem to be swapped, and I am leaning towards agreeing. Which might be why I felt such a "comeback" mode by the CPU using All Star.

Also, how are the rosters coming along?
Steven547 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Top -