Home

Default sliders

This is a discussion on Default sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 10-06-2019, 10:41 AM   #17
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Default sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
I don't want to start a debate here lol, people can do whatever they want, but I just want to say that I find it a bit funny to see people bashing EA for their game year after year and don't want to spend time to adjust the game offline to play the way they want or like. Sliders really work, sometimes a combination of sliders making it work. It's not always easy, but it actually works pretty well.

Don't get me wrong, if you enjoy the game at default, then it's perfectly fine. But if you are always complaining about EA and NHL games, are playing offline, but don't want to mess with sliders, because it takes too much time, it's too difficult to get exactly the gameplay you want, are never totally satisfied or any other reasons, then it's actually a bit funny.
Absolutely. I hope my post wasn’t seen as a slight to the guys that do hard work on sliders and are kind enough to share. I’m personally just blaming myself. I simply don’t have the patience anymore. You and others do great work on the sliders and I used to be heavy into making sliders but it seems every update jacks up a great slider set and frustrates the hell out of me. The game is no doubt light year’s better with a good set of sliders. I’m just at a point (this series has beaten me down) that if I can’t find a way to just fire it up and play I need to walk away. I’m thinking there are a few guys like me too but that doesn’t mean many many more enjoy the work you guys do.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:54 AM   #18
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Just like Madden, I'm a pretty much default guy lately myself.

Is it a bit on the arcade side on default, yes but I'm getting good results so far. Penalty slider needs to be on 4/4 as well as fighting but that's about it for me so far.

You default guys on 6, 7 or 8 minute periods? (or something different)
Old 10-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #19
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I’m at the point already with just offline games, haven’t started a franchise yet to where I’m only changing the default sliders that get adjusted between competitive and simulation. Less is more it seems more than ever this year.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 10-06-2019, 11:29 PM   #20
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Just like Madden, I'm a pretty much default guy lately myself.

Is it a bit on the arcade side on default, yes but I'm getting good results so far. Penalty slider needs to be on 4/4 as well as fighting but that's about it for me so far.

You default guys on 6, 7 or 8 minute periods? (or something different)
Iím on 8 min periods right now. Liking that so far
Old 10-07-2019, 05:57 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy
No offense to slider makers,but this year I made a conscience decision to try default sliders instead of a months long adjustment of sliders trying to find the perfect gameplay.I thought this is a video game not real life.Guess what,I'm loving the game for what it is and have not gotten slideritis yet.I know people will bothered by this post but let's just enjoy this game despite it's flaws.It is a good game.

hello, how long are the periods?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #22
Rookie

I play on pro with cpu difficulty maxed on 5 minute periods.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:55 PM   #23
@MikeLowe47

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

As a slider maker myself, I fully support this OP. At the VERY least, it's where folks should start and play at least a month or so of the schedule before adjusting anything.

Never adjust based on "feel" or animations as I see a lot of slider sets doing. Adjust based on data that you're organically creating that first month.

And stay away from slider placebos like main menu settings impacting franchise.

Adjusting for animations is like putting gas in your car because it needs a car wash.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:03 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
As a slider maker myself, I fully support this OP. At the VERY least, it's where folks should start and play at least a month or so of the schedule before adjusting anything.

Never adjust based on "feel" or animations as I see a lot of slider sets doing. Adjust based on data that you're organically creating that first month.

And stay away from slider placebos like main menu settings impacting franchise.

Adjusting for animations is like putting gas in your car because it needs a car wash.

what is menu settings that affect the franchise?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »