Home

Default sliders

This is a discussion on Default sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 10-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #25
@MikeLowe47

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Default sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxssi
what is menu settings that affect the franchise?
It's more in reference to Madden and some other titles having their main menu settings and sliders match exactly what is in their franchise.

What would happen in a32-user online franchise mode if that were truly the case?

It's the bigfoot of franchise modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2019, 06:41 PM   #26
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Iím on 8 min periods right now. Liking that so far
You know what's odd.. if I play on default dynamic medium view I get realistic shots on 8 minute periods and the game speed seems fine on default (3). If I play a game on overhead it's much higher and seems so much faster with much more room on the ice.

As much as I like overhead with zoom off, I'm going to stick with dynamic medium.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #27
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Count me in the default camp. Playing on Pro this year, too. Will adjust the AI Learning and CPU Difficulty sliders as necessary.

8 minute periods.
MLB The Show 19 (PS4)
Old 10-21-2019, 09:36 AM   #28
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Count me in the default camp. Playing on Pro this year, too. Will adjust the AI Learning and CPU Difficulty sliders as necessary.

8 minute periods.
Pro seems to play a more realistic style of hockey to me. All-Star isnít harder because it plays better hockey itís harder because it plays a more unrealistic type of hockey. Overpowered puck control and magnetic passes. Pro with CPU learning and difficulty at 6 is for me. 8 min periods also.

I did tweak a few sliders though. Had to improve the goalies because they were giving too many goals a game. I also had to reduce human hot power way down because on pro you level everyone with unrealistic hits. Increased penalty sliders a lot too. This game never has gotten the penalty thing straightened out.

My games have been good, fun and Iím seeing about 33-39 shots a game from both teams and 3-6 penalties a game for each team. In my trial run Iím playing about .500 hockey. Been a challenge every game as the Sabres
Old 10-21-2019, 12:16 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Pro seems to play a more realistic style of hockey to me. All-Star isnít harder because it plays better hockey itís harder because it plays a more unrealistic type of hockey. Overpowered puck control and magnetic passes. Pro with CPU learning and difficulty at 6 is for me. 8 min periods also.

I did tweak a few sliders though. Had to improve the goalies because they were giving too many goals a game. I also had to reduce human hot power way down because on pro you level everyone with unrealistic hits. Increased penalty sliders a lot too. This game never has gotten the penalty thing straightened out.

My games have been good, fun and Iím seeing about 33-39 shots a game from both teams and 3-6 penalties a game for each team. In my trial run Iím playing about .500 hockey. Been a challenge every game as the Sabres
Could you share your slider adjustments - PRO level (I'm assuming) - and then what other adjustments. (I've been so busy I haven't even touched this game). Thanks!!
Old 10-23-2019, 11:31 AM   #30
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Could you share your slider adjustments - PRO level (I'm assuming) - and then what other adjustments. (I've been so busy I haven't even touched this game). Thanks!!
Iíll post them ASAP. Iíve been pretty busy the past few days and I was hoping to test another couple of games. Going on a cruise next week but will try and get them up before this weekend.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #31
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I created a thread with my sliders. You wont see a ton of changes until you hit Goalies, Checking, and Penalties

Goalies: I wish we could use All-Star settings for the Goalies and Pro for the skaters. we cant so I had to make lots of changes.

Checking: On Pro the Human hits are overpowered so these needed work

Penalties: I dont have to tell anyone here about penalties in this game. Some games Im seeing a lot others a couple but Im happy where it is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2019, 12:01 AM   #32
Rookie

ProbieByKO's Arena

OVR: 4

Default pro for me and I'm enjoying it.
Toronto Blue Jays (2005- )
Toronto FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »