Home

Can't get passing, setting up, interceptions etc.... Please help

This is a discussion on Can't get passing, setting up, interceptions etc.... Please help within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2019, 09:37 AM   #9
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Can't get passing, setting up, interceptions etc.... Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Guys thank you so much. I truly want to enjoy this. I always feel that there's not enough separation between players so have spent an age editing...
I want it to play a realistic style, where I can win the game on a Ovie one timer, rather than a Hathaway breakaway..... I just can't seem to get anything set up....
Can't grasp the sliders, the lower I put certain settings (CPU pass accuracy) the harder the game?
The Attribute Effect Slider, seems to do nothing (seen some users have it at 5,some 7, some 10)
Dont get me wrong, this is probabley down to me, not understanding, rather than the game..)

Played some games on Pro, which were decent, but the CPU would score 3 goals from where in 30 seconds... suddenley scoring from Gretzky like 4th liners....
All Star plays a more grittier, realistic game, but when I am in the O zone, the CPU is on at me in a flash, and intercepts every pass (despite me lowering the pass int, and me having pass acc and pass *** on 90 plus....)
It has to be me (in my old age) but I just can't get it sorted.
The game is hard-coded to pressure you in the way you're describing. May I ask what your full slider setup is? What roster edits did you make?

You could try:
-increasing pass reception ease
-decreasing CPU acceleration
-decreasing CPU skating speed

Old 12-20-2019, 06:42 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 1

Thanks everyone.
Finally... got a slider set that works for me.!

All Star was just too CPU perfect, and as the Caps I just couldn't get any pressure on the zone, as even on the most favorable sliders, the CPU was overwhelming.
Pro was too easy, I had nothing but time and space, and was blowing shots through the D....

Went to Pro settings, and made the game "harder" from there with adjustments to the sliders,, rather than going to AllStar and trying to make it "easier "

Had spent 2 Mouths pretty much lowering ever player attributes, mainly shot acc, speed, endurance to make it a little more lifelike, and with my "reduced roster", the game plays well.

If anyone wants to know, just shout out.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:02 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Thanks everyone.
Finally... got a slider set that works for me.!

All Star was just too CPU perfect, and as the Caps I just couldn't get any pressure on the zone, as even on the most favorable sliders, the CPU was overwhelming.
Pro was too easy, I had nothing but time and space, and was blowing shots through the D....

Went to Pro settings, and made the game "harder" from there with adjustments to the sliders,, rather than going to AllStar and trying to make it "easier "

Had spent 2 Mouths pretty much lowering ever player attributes, mainly shot acc, speed, endurance to make it a little more lifelike, and with my "reduced roster", the game plays well.

If anyone wants to know, just shout out.
Care to share these? Been struggling with the same problem for ages between the "gap" between pro and all-star and i believe i´m not alone with this. Not asking you to start your own slider thread but please elaborate.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »