Home

Cycloniac's 20-Minute NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's 20-Minute NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Cycloniac's 20-Minute NHL 20 Sliders

Me too. I like the 20 minutes but not the shots. I played a 11 minute and had 47 shots for me. 24 for cpu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #82
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Version 2 of the 20 minute sliders now on first page

Here are the changes:
-Back skating decreased to 50
-Skating speed decreased to 45
-Skating agility increased to max
-Min pass speed increased to 25
-Max pass speed increased to max
-Saucer pass speed decreased to 50
-Pass reception ease decreased to 15
-Puck speed reception effect increased to max
-Deking impact increased to max
-Board effect non-puck carrier and board effect puck carrier decreased to 1
-Fall and stumble fall ease decreased to 10
-CPU penalties and CPU teammate penalties decreased to 10
-Tripping decreased to 10
-Charging decreased to 35
-Delay of game increased to 60

Old 01-04-2020, 10:19 AM   #83
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThrillAnthony
Play seems to get out of hand in the second period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Yes it does, I'm not sure why
One of the reason might be that the benches in the 2nd. period are in the opposite zones, and I think you guys play on auto line changes...

I play on manual cause on auto, the AI would change at weird times and that could cause odd man rushes and stuff... On manual I can dictate and know especially when my dmen are changing, lol ! I always try to change them when entering the zone or I just dump it in...

When I play a cautious game, especially in the 2nd, the shots total are normal 😀
Old 01-04-2020, 02:56 PM   #84
Rookie

TopThrillAnthony's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
One of the reason might be that the benches in the 2nd. period are in the opposite zones, and I think you guys play on auto line changes...

I play on manual cause on auto, the AI would change at weird times and that could cause odd man rushes and stuff... On manual I can dictate and know especially when my dmen are changing, lol ! I always try to change them when entering the zone or I just dump it in...

When I play a cautious game, especially in the 2nd, the shots total are normal 😀
I don't play. Period. This is AI vs AI I'm talking about. Can't do manual line changes if I don't control a team lmfao.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #85
Rookie

Is anyone having problems with shot aiming with accuracy at 0? I’m brand new to this game and series (last played 04 I think) and I’m wondering if it’s me or if it’s harder to aim the shot with these sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2020, 06:43 PM   #86
Rookie

DJ81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drykilllogic2488
Is anyone having problems with shot aiming with accuracy at 0? I’m brand new to this game and series (last played 04 I think) and I’m wondering if it’s me or if it’s harder to aim the shot with these sliders?
Having it at zero does make it difficult (even with the shot aim set to aim assist), but that's the point. With no aim assist, you have full control over your shot. Now, the variable is the view you are playing on. Up/Down view, be aware that you have to lay off the Left analog when approaching the net so that your skating direction does not become your shot aim direction when you want to place the puck somewhere else.

The broadcast view is even more difficult for shot aiming.

Overall, it produces more shots that don't count as shots on goal, which is what a person that plays the full 20 min period tends to deal with on default settings.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:22 PM   #87
Rookie

TopThrillAnthony's Arena

By god you did it. These are the most realistic stats I've ever pulled out of a game. Ever. The gameplay looks pretty good, too. I made some minor adjustments (didn't lie the amount of 5H goals that occurred, and slap shots never got off the ice), but nothing major. A little bothered by how fast the passes are (when you're playing with manual off, it really seems like the game only releases your passes with maximum velocity), and how only 10% of the passes are tape to tape, but if it is what is needed to get realistic stats and gameplay on this game, then so be it. You have won.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:50 PM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ81
Having it at zero does make it difficult (even with the shot aim set to aim assist), but that's the point. With no aim assist, you have full control over your shot. Now, the variable is the view you are playing on. Up/Down view, be aware that you have to lay off the Left analog when approaching the net so that your skating direction does not become your shot aim direction when you want to place the puck somewhere else.

The broadcast view is even more difficult for shot aiming.

Overall, it produces more shots that don't count as shots on goal, which is what a person that plays the full 20 min period tends to deal with on default settings.
What camera do you guys tend to use? I was using dynamic medium but now I’m using classic and seems better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »