Home

Pace problems

This is a discussion on Pace problems within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2020, 09:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Pace problems

I'd abandoned NHL for years, since Legacy on PS3. Too many frustrations on PS4. I think I played 16. Well, I'm giving 20 a go (I only play offline Season mode) and I have to admit, the game has good points.

I've got my sliders set up really nicely with help from a video I found on Youtube. The problem I'm having is the same one I always had on this gen of NHL, to get the right amount of shots on goal, I have to have certain game speed and skating speed settings. But it makes the game really sluggish. I find myself holding down the thumb sticks harder than for any game. So I'm looking for advice on what I can do for realistic game pace that keeps good shots per game but doesn't feel like players are skating through molasses. I prefer to play 7 or 8 minute periods. I like getting a game in in 30 minutes.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited by tinpanalley; 07-31-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pace problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I'd abandoned NHL for years, since Legacy on PS3. Too many frustrations on PS4. I think I played 16. Well, I'm giving 20 a go (I only play offline Season mode) and I have to admit, the game has good points.

I've got my sliders set up really nicely with help from a video I found on Youtube. The problem I'm having is the same one I always had on this gen of NHL, to get the right amount of shots on goal, I have to have certain game speed and skating speed settings. But it makes the game really sluggish. I find myself holding down the thumb sticks harder than for any game. So I'm looking for advice on what I can do for realistic game pace that keeps good shots per game but doesn't feel like players are skating through molasses. I prefer to play 7 or 8 minute periods. I like getting a game in in 30 minutes.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

try game speed at 3 and player acceleration at CPU: 25 and Human: 25, attribute effects at 5 or 10 and size effect: 30 or 40, u may have to fiddle with fatigue effect and fatigue recovery, fatigue effect: 60-100 and fatigue recovery: 10 (or 25, 35,45), u may have to tone down fight difficulty (makes AI CPU Super Hard beware, 35-45 will do), and aggression (25 or 40 or 45 or 48 or 50) (when I play I put mine at 75) , now for size effect again (I personally like this setting at 65, sometimes i experiment with it at 75-95-97-98- 88 or 89 or 90).

anyways i suggest size effect at 40 though and fight difficulty at 45 and faceoffs difficulty at 50 or 52.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
try game speed at 3 and player acceleration at CPU: 25 and Human: 25, .
Ok, so the logic then basically is to speed up game speed but lower actual skating speed?
Old 08-01-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Ok, so the logic then basically is to speed up game speed but lower actual skating speed?
yes they'll run smoothly, if not better, even NHL developer has his at game speed : 3 and player acceleration: CPU: 25 / Human: 25.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:46 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
yes they'll run smoothly, if not better, even NHL developer has his at game speed : 3 and player acceleration: CPU: 25 / Human: 25.
Ok.
Well, the developer is responsible for this mess so that's not a very ringing endorsement.
But thanks I'll try that out. What about skating speed?

Last edited by tinpanalley; 08-01-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2020, 07:56 PM   #6
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Ok.
Well, the developer is responsible for this mess so that's not a very ringing endorsement.
But thanks I'll try that out. What about skating speed?
his was CPU: 23 and Human: 23 and bottom one was at CPU: 90 and Human: 90 and back skating was at 23

sliders below back skating was at 0 and 67
Old 08-01-2020, 09:59 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
his was CPU: 23 and Human: 23 and bottom one was at CPU: 90 and Human: 90 and back skating was at 23

sliders below back skating was at 0 and 67
How do you know, was there a streaming thing with the dev or something?

I just want something that looks realistic. I'm not into "fun" gameplay, I want it to look and behave like real hockey.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #8
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
How do you know, was there a streaming thing with the dev or something?

I just want something that looks realistic. I'm not into "fun" gameplay, I want it to look and behave like real hockey.

cause for while he was showing his sliders he was using, but then something happened mysteriously at sliders vanished from my private messages, been trying to get him to re-send his sliders again, one thing he told me about his sliders only thing he did was add attribute effects at 10 (experimental use), so he went from 5 to 10 and then back to 5, as experiment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »