Home

NHL 21 Pro Sliders (for Mums and Dads)

This is a discussion on NHL 21 Pro Sliders (for Mums and Dads) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-25-2020, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NHL 21 Pro Sliders

Edit: Updated 25th January 2021

Played for a few months now and settled on these updates. The game was still in favour of the human player (due to it being on Pro and 'easier'). Bumping the CPU goalies evened that out slightly. Games seem competitive now and plenty of penalties keeping it realistic!

--------------------------------------------------

NHL 19 was perfect on All Star and provided a perfect level of challenge for me but since NHL 20 (and 21) All Star has altered to an AI opponent full of robots. With myself having children I want something that will challenge me but not need incredible levels of concentration (ignoring everyone in the room for 30 mins +) just to stay in the game.

Moving to Pro seemed the solution but it was always too easy. There's almost a need for another level in between. I like to have decent stats that look realistic so I've come up with something that will suit players who want something between Pro and All Star and want games to be around 30 minutes in real time.

I'm only listing changes so if something isn't listed leave it on default.
Updates in BOLD

Settings:

Game Style: Custom (I rename my saved style NHL21)
Post Whistle Rules: Authentic
Fighting: 2/2
Injuries: On
Penalties: 4/4
Period Length: 6 minutes
Difficulty: Pro
Penalty Time Scaling: 0/6
Coincidental Scaling: 0/6

I've kept time scaling low as you will se an accurate number of powerplays per game.

General

Game Speed: 0/6
Injury Occurrence: 65

Brings game speed down to something more realistic. Injuries is something I'm monitoring. I want to see realistic amounts.

Cover Frequency: 50
Goalie Cross Crease Reaction: CPU 90/Human 80
Goalie Save Reaction Time: CPU 90/Human 80
Goalie Deflection Reaction: CPU 90/Human 80
Goalie Screen Effect: CPU 50/Human 50
Goalie Screen Persistence: CPU 50/Human 50

Makes goalies a little better than 'Pro' and reduces goals slightly. I've made CPU goalies better than Human goalies to make it more even.

Shooting:
One timers down to 40 for human and cpu
Slap shot down to 35 for human and cpu

Penalties

CPU Penalties: 90/100
CPU Teammate: 95/100
Tripping: 90/100
Slashing: 90/100
Elbowing: 90/100
High Sticking: 90/100
Cross Checking: 90/100
Boarding: 90/100
Charging: 90/100
Delay of Game: 65/100
Holding: 90/100
Hooking: 90/100
Interference: 90/100

You should see anywhere between 1-7 powerplays per game giving realistic totals compared to AI stats. Shorter time scaling reduces the amount of goals scored on the PP to realistic levels.

AI

AI Learning: 6/6
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 6/6
CPU Adjustment Strategy: 6/6
User Adjustment Strategy: 6/6

Bumps up Pro to make it a challenge. Strategy up to 6 letting the AI change tactics/pull goalie etc for you in game.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by sadler; 03-18-2021 at 09:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: NHL 21 Pro Sliders (for Mums and Dads)

welcome to the forums and your first slider Sadler!, I do hope u enjoy your stay here, we are happy bunch of slider makers, welcome to the Slider Maker Family for NHL Series!
Old 10-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
Rookie

I am like you Sadler, I have been scanning for pro sliders. I will give these a whirl! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-27-2020, 04:47 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
welcome to the forums and your first slider Sadler!, I do hope u enjoy your stay here, we are happy bunch of slider makers, welcome to the Slider Maker Family for NHL Series!
Thanks! I've tried other sliders before but I thought I'd try and find what I liked myself and then share it with others. Tbh I'm keeping the gameplay as close to default as I can. All I'm looking for is stats that are realistic and competitive gameplay without feeling like the AI is cheating me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouserjr0614
I am like you Sadler, I have been scanning for pro sliders. I will give these a whirl! Thanks for sharing!

Let me know what you think.

I've gone with the Rangers. Started 4-2-3.

Results so far:

2-1 OTL
5-2 L
2-1 OTL
5-3 W
6-5 OTW
3-2 L
2-1 OTW
5-2 W
4-3 OTL

Averaging 3.00 goals per game and 3.00 goals against, pretty middle of the pack. My only slight issue is no shutouts yet. I need a bigger sample size before I look at that.

Powerplays are 22 PP with 4 goals at 18.2% Other teams range from 46-14 PP so far.

PK is at 25 TSH at 92% kill rate. League ranges from 49-18 penalty kills so far.

It's looking like I'm still slightly on the low side for penalties but I need a bigger sample size. Will consider moving all penalties up to 95.

I have seen delay of game (first time since NHL19) and quite a few 5 on 3, 4 on 3 and 4 on 4.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadler
Thanks! I've tried other sliders before but I thought I'd try and find what I liked myself and then share it with others. Tbh I'm keeping the gameplay as close to default as I can. All I'm looking for is stats that are realistic and competitive gameplay without feeling like the AI is cheating me.

Let me know what you think.

I've gone with the Rangers. Started 4-2-3.

Results so far:

2-1 OTL
5-2 L
2-1 OTL
5-3 W
6-5 OTW
3-2 L
2-1 OTW
5-2 W
4-3 OTL

Averaging 3.00 goals per game and 3.00 goals against, pretty middle of the pack. My only slight issue is no shutouts yet. I need a bigger sample size before I look at that.

Powerplays are 22 PP with 4 goals at 18.2% Other teams range from 46-14 PP so far.

PK is at 25 TSH at 92% kill rate. League ranges from 49-18 penalty kills so far.

It's looking like I'm still slightly on the low side for penalties but I need a bigger sample size. Will consider moving all penalties up to 95.

I have seen delay of game (first time since NHL19) and quite a few 5 on 3, 4 on 3 and 4 on 4.
nnnnice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2020, 06:17 AM   #6
Rookie

Going to try these out over the next day or two but your results look great!

Old 11-04-2020, 02:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Finally got to try these out, been busy over here recently. Played first game of franchise with my Flyers against the Vegas Knights.

I won 5-4, nail biter, good stats. I really enjoyed the gameplay.

Off to another game soon.

Old 01-25-2021, 11:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Re: NHL 21 Pro Sliders

Updated sliders in first post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »