Home

Old 10-29-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sliders balance, Pro and AS NHL 20

Hoping the vets on here can help me with a few things, slider related. Basically, PRO is too easy and AS makes me crazy.

So, I play on AS and am pretty happy with my sliders, but there are a few things that annoy me the most, that I can't seem to fix:
1 - The CPU seems to intercept every pass remotely close to them. I've messed with pass interceptions, but nothing seems to do it. On PRO they really don't intercept enough and I can make nice passing plays, but the CPU sucks hard at offense on pro so it's no fun.
2 - the CPU blocks every shot; not only that, when they block a slapshot they just magically posses the puck, which is almost virtually impossible to do in real life. What slider prevents this? Again, doesn't happen in PRO.
3 - What is the button to steal the puck from the CPU when you both go after a loose puck on the boards? They seem to have no trouble taking it from me, but whatever I try doesn't work, or ends up in a penalty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
Rookie

HipNotiiC_x's Arena

Re: Sliders balance, Pro and AS NHL 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbone Walker
Hoping the vets on here can help me with a few things, slider related. Basically, PRO is too easy and AS makes me crazy.

So, I play on AS and am pretty happy with my sliders, but there are a few things that annoy me the most, that I can't seem to fix:
1 - The CPU seems to intercept every pass remotely close to them. I've messed with pass interceptions, but nothing seems to do it. On PRO they really don't intercept enough and I can make nice passing plays, but the CPU sucks hard at offense on pro so it's no fun.
2 - the CPU blocks every shot; not only that, when they block a slapshot they just magically posses the puck, which is almost virtually impossible to do in real life. What slider prevents this? Again, doesn't happen in PRO.
3 - What is the button to steal the puck from the CPU when you both go after a loose puck on the boards? They seem to have no trouble taking it from me, but whatever I try doesn't work, or ends up in a penalty.
My sliders (EVHL - Pro Sliders) are a challenging (in my opinion lol) set based on the Pro difficulty. In my experience, I've combatted your issue highlighted in #1. Shameless plug, but I do believe my set offers some great gameplay that's not too sloppy, not too perfect, and has some really dynamic goalie play which I've found to really only be achievable on the Pro difficulty. I do want some testers and feedback, so if you're looking for a "pro-star" set, try it out!

2 - Probably has to do with reaction/reception ease, bouncing puck, puck control sliders under the "passing" tab. The CPU gets pretty obvious boosts when playing AS/SS so this is why I believe Pro is the right way to go for sliders.

3 - On a 50/50, I always try to hip check them to 1. knock them away from the puck, and 2. box them out so I can get the puck (usually the hip check ends up pushing them away and creating a natural box-out scenario for you).
Old 10-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Sliders balance, Pro and AS NHL 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
My sliders (EVHL - Pro Sliders) are a challenging (in my opinion lol) set based on the Pro difficulty. In my experience, I've combatted your issue highlighted in #1. Shameless plug, but I do believe my set offers some great gameplay that's not too sloppy, not too perfect, and has some really dynamic goalie play which I've found to really only be achievable on the Pro difficulty. I do want some testers and feedback, so if you're looking for a "pro-star" set, try it out!

2 - Probably has to do with reaction/reception ease, bouncing puck, puck control sliders under the "passing" tab. The CPU gets pretty obvious boosts when playing AS/SS so this is why I believe Pro is the right way to go for sliders.

3 - On a 50/50, I always try to hip check them to 1. knock them away from the puck, and 2. box them out so I can get the puck (usually the hip check ends up pushing them away and creating a natural box-out scenario for you).
Right on, thanks for the reply - I'll definitely try messing with the reaction/reception ease (#2) and I'll check your sliders out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »