Home

Clarkie’s NHL 2021 Sliders And Gameplay Settings (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Clarkie’s NHL 2021 Sliders And Gameplay Settings (Xbox One) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2021, 04:02 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Clarkie’s NHL 2021 Sliders And Gameplay Settings (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
You were right

Fall And Stumble Ease - 30
Yes, indeed. I was looking for it myself, but I figured it should be Default (and it is, so it's fine)

Thanks for these sliders, they are truly great!

I have some nice plays, momentum going on, just like you describe: "sloppy at times, but skilled as well". Overall the flow is great, right amount of missed passes/shots, hits and other stats are realistic, too. There is a variety of goals scored too, no glitches or 'cheeses'

My only complaint would be (and it's a classic with these games, I know) there are too many tripping penalties... Yes it's a known issue, and I don't spam the poke check that much. It's "ruining" a bit the immersion, I mean how many trips do we see in a modern NHL Game?!? the goofy "oops I put my stick between your legs and you fall like a moron" instance doesn't happen very much these days.

Anyway, that's all! I guess I can turn up the poke check accuracy and it will be ok.

Thanks again
cheers
Old 02-18-2021, 05:41 AM   #18
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepiney
Yes, indeed. I was looking for it myself, but I figured it should be Default (and it is, so it's fine)

Thanks for these sliders, they are truly great!

I have some nice plays, momentum going on, just like you describe: "sloppy at times, but skilled as well". Overall the flow is great, right amount of missed passes/shots, hits and other stats are realistic, too. There is a variety of goals scored too, no glitches or 'cheeses'

My only complaint would be (and it's a classic with these games, I know) there are too many tripping penalties... Yes it's a known issue, and I don't spam the poke check that much. It's "ruining" a bit the immersion, I mean how many trips do we see in a modern NHL Game?!? the goofy "oops I put my stick between your legs and you fall like a moron" instance doesn't happen very much these days.

Anyway, that's all! I guess I can turn up the poke check accuracy and it will be ok.

Thanks again
cheers
It’s good to read everything you wrote. I agree with the tripping penalties. I have not tried raising the poke accuracy yet. I bet that would take away the abundance of tripping penalties. I’m just not sure at what cost. I have made an effort to only poke when I have a clear shot at the puck and if I don’t I know that there’s an 80% chance I get a penalty. Which I do like. Prevents you from just skating all over the ice mashing the poke check buttons. But I will experiment with higher accuracy and see what I find. Let me know if you get to it first and notice a difference.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:06 AM   #19
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Clarkie’s NHL 2021 Sliders And Gameplay Settings (Xbox One)

Have you guys tried these with the Attribute Effect slider at 10? This game is still struggling to create player separation from superstars to 4th liners. No matter where I put this slider it seems like Brendan Lemieux is handling the puck the same way Artemi Panarin does, which should not be happening. (Although the way the real Rangers are playing none of their attributes would be considered very high right now. Ugh).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2021, 12:36 PM   #20
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Have you guys tried these with the Attribute Effect slider at 10? This game is still struggling to create player separation from superstars to 4th liners. No matter where I put this slider it seems like Brendan Lemieux is handling the puck the same way Artemi Panarin does, which should not be happening. (Although the way the real Rangers are playing none of their attributes would be considered very high right now. Ugh).

I have not this year. But in the past I didn’t like it.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:08 PM   #21
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
I have not this year. But in the past I didn’t like it.

I’m so torn with this slider. With it at 10 the superstars play a little too good, almost like they’re unstoppable. I read someone else in the forums used it at 0 and said it played really well, but it makes me think it’ll make everyone play the same even more than any other setting. Not sure why the developers can’t just make every player play true to their attributes without the need of this slider.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2021, 04:36 PM   #22
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Quote:
I’m so torn with this slider. With it at 10 the superstars play a little too good, almost like they’re unstoppable. I read someone else in the forums used it at 0 and said it played really well, but it makes me think it’ll make everyone play the same even more than any other setting. Not sure why the developers can’t just make every player play true to their attributes without the need of this slider.

Yeah that’s why I left it at default and said it is what it is and altered other things in the passing area. Players with better puck control a d passing attributes stand out over the 3rd and 4th line guys. 1st and 2nd line guys more times than not accept passes and pick up loose pucks much cleaner than 3rd and 4th liners. Unfortunately everyone has the ability to shoot the lights out.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:44 PM   #23
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

I like the puck control rating slider being up high where you have it. I think that helps with what you just mentioned about skilled players and passing. I also think the shooting accuracy sliders lower help with the scrubs being able to shoot the water bottle off the top of the net lol.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:32 PM   #24
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Quote:
I like the puck control rating slider being up high where you have it. I think that helps with what you just mentioned about skilled players and passing. I also think the shooting accuracy sliders lower help with the scrubs being able to shoot the water bottle off the top of the net lol.

I am testing poke accuracy at 80 right now. Do you want to see what shot accuracy does??

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »