Home

Clarkie’s NHL 2021 Sliders And Gameplay Settings (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Clarkie’s NHL 2021 Sliders And Gameplay Settings (Xbox One) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2021, 05:37 PM   #33
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Clarkie’s NHL 2021 Sliders And Gameplay Settings (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
A couple of things I noticed that could possibly be changed:
Pass accuracy for the CPU should be turned almost to 0. I’m going to try it at 10, their passing % is way too high.
User accuracy should be a little higher. I was seeing too many odd-man rushes get wasted because of a bad pass that probably shouldn’t have happened.
Puck control for both should also be higher. I use this at 45. Too many pucks sliding off sticks with just regular skating up the ice with no defensive pressure.
Going to try a handful of games with these adjustments and see how it plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like you have mentioned. Every slider effects another one. So I don’t want to get too carried away changing things when perfection is not possible. You need to take away the CPU passing lanes and anticipate where they are going to pass to have their % lower. I am going to put saucer pass speed at max and raise shot accuracy like I had before. It does not make it a goal circus. Just more variety of goals. Like a wrist shot off the wing will go in once and a while. D slap shots from the point as well as more deflection goals. 70 was the number I liked for shot accuracy.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:24 PM   #34
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Like you have mentioned. Every slider effects another one. So I don’t want to get too carried away changing things when perfection is not possible. You need to take away the CPU passing lanes and anticipate where they are going to pass to have their % lower. I am going to put saucer pass speed at max and raise shot accuracy like I had before. It does not make it a goal circus. Just more variety of goals. Like a wrist shot off the wing will go in once and a while. D slap shots from the point as well as more deflection goals. 70 was the number I liked for shot accuracy.

I agree with the shot accuracy slider. I won a game earlier today because the CPU missed an empty net twice in one shift. I was able to tie the game immediately after with less than a minute to go and finally won in a shootout.

Old 02-20-2021, 10:22 AM   #35
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Quote:
I agree with the shot accuracy slider. I won a game earlier today because the CPU missed an empty net twice in one shift. I was able to tie the game immediately after with less than a minute to go and finally won in a shootout.

I upped shot accuracy last night to 70/70 and still had a 2-1 game, saucer pass at max is feeling great too. I won't touch pass accuracy though, I am not having the same problems as you, we are both in mid 70% for the game at the end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2021, 10:26 AM   #36
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Some new tweaks changed in OP in RED
Old 02-21-2021, 10:02 AM   #37
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Played a bunch of games last night and just could not accept the changes I made, With shot accuracy at 70 the cpu was never missing the net and taking way too many shots for my liking, saucer pass at max just didn't feel right, and with poke accuracy at 80 it was way too easy to get the puck off of the cpu players. So I have gone back to what they were and everything is what I will start my franchise with on the first post.

sorry for any confusion
Old 02-21-2021, 02:26 PM   #38
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Part of me wants to just play the game on default superstar with the sim presets and only make adjustments to things that feel way out of whack.

Old 02-21-2021, 02:51 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Part of me wants to just play the game on default superstar with the sim presets and only make adjustments to things that feel way out of whack.

This is what I do. Superstar default with a few tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

I’m debating that too as I still cannot find my happy medium I know I’m raising/lowering sliders that I probably shouldn’t of

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »