Home

Armor & Swords “Regular Joe” NHL 21 Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords “Regular Joe” NHL 21 Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2021, 04:47 PM   #41
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords “Regular Joe” NHL 21 Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
After all the years I've played this game competitively, I don't think I could retrain my brain to use the RS with the broadcast camera haha. As unfortunate as that is, I do like this game with my set. 21 is solid for all skill levels, but requires some serious TLC and house rules imo. It's worth it though if you like hockey. Glad to see A&S is still liking it!
Where are you sliders at? All you have to do is have shooting controls to always up. After that it’s a breeze man.

Never mind my friend. I found them but game speed at 3 is a no go for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2021, 06:36 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
After all the years I've played this game competitively, I don't think I could retrain my brain to use the RS with the broadcast camera haha. As unfortunate as that is, I do like this game with my set. 21 is solid for all skill levels, but requires some serious TLC and house rules imo. It's worth it though if you like hockey. Glad to see A&S is still liking it!
I agree with Topside... Where are your sliders please and do they work now or do they need an update?
Old 08-12-2021, 09:53 AM   #43
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

By no means am I trying to hijack Armors sliders. We have had quite a bit of interaction during his Twitch streams so I know that we look for the same things in franchise play (hockey & baseball).

I knew this set was close, so I did a deep dive last night and played for roughly 4 hours. I am pretty excited by what I saw with the following (3 minimal changes).

I moved up the cpu goalie sliders to match what Armor has for the user side.
I moved both user and AI aggression slider to 95
I moved down all user shot accuracy sliders to match what Armor has on the AI side.

For me, this really enhanced the AI's play on both sides of the puck, while not really taking away anything (feel wise) on the user side.

The ONLY other thing I might "test" are the shot accuracy sliders...lowering them, BUT regardless, Armor's setting for shot shot accuracy play well.

Dowie
Old 08-12-2021, 12:58 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
By no means am I trying to hijack Armors sliders. We have had quite a bit of interaction during his Twitch streams so I know that we look for the same things in franchise play (hockey & baseball).

I knew this set was close, so I did a deep dive last night and played for roughly 4 hours. I am pretty excited by what I saw with the following (3 minimal changes).

I moved down all user shot accuracy sliders to match what Armor has on the AI side.

For me, this really enhanced the AI's play on both sides of the puck, while not really taking away anything (feel wise) on the user side.

The ONLY other thing I might "test" are the shot accuracy sliders...lowering them, BUT regardless, Armor's setting for shot shot accuracy play well.

Dowie
do you have a good pace for the game with aggression at 95? do we see the cpu build a play? Does the cpu dump the puck frequently or only 2-3 times per period??? Cross corner dump from cpu?

Can you post your modifications more in detail please? maybe here or in a new thread if it's a problem for armor ?
Old 08-12-2021, 01:20 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:

Dowie
do you have a good pace for the game with aggression at 95? do we see the cpu build a play? Does the cpu dump the puck frequently or only 2-3 times per period??? Cross corner dump from cpu?

Can you post your modifications more in detail please? maybe here or in a new thread if it's a problem for armor ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 02:38 PM   #46
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
Where are you sliders at? All you have to do is have shooting controls to always up. After that it’s a breeze man.

Never mind my friend. I found them but game speed at 3 is a no go for me.
Yeah I've tried doing that but it's just not for me. My sliders on here aren't current, life has been crazy busy. I'll post the new set sometime this weekend I hope.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:08 AM   #47
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax

Not sure any sliders will help with cpu dumping (in any direction)....that is more likely an under the hood and maybe even a team strategy issue. That goes for CPU "build-a-play" too.

Aggression at 95 (at least for me) sees more board play and more neutral zone play because it is a tad harder to get into the offensive zone. Pace of play passes the eyeball test for me. BUT BUT BUT, if you enjoy "arcade-type. run and gun" hockey then aggression @ 95 is prob too high for you.

I didn't reinvent Armor's sliders, I just tweaked those 3 areas that I described a few posts ago.

Dowie
Old 08-14-2021, 12:45 PM   #48
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Not sure any sliders will help with cpu dumping (in any direction)....that is more likely an under the hood and maybe even a team strategy issue. That goes for CPU "build-a-play" too.

Aggression at 95 (at least for me) sees more board play and more neutral zone play because it is a tad harder to get into the offensive zone. Pace of play passes the eyeball test for me. BUT BUT BUT, if you enjoy "arcade-type. run and gun" hockey then aggression @ 95 is prob too high for you.

I didn't reinvent Armor's sliders, I just tweaked those 3 areas that I described a few posts ago.

Dowie
I am going to try these tweaks out Dowie. Appreciate the insight my man!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »