Home

NHL22 'Abyss sliders' - The gap between Pro and All Star

This is a discussion on NHL22 'Abyss sliders' - The gap between Pro and All Star within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2021, 05:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL22 'Abyss sliders' - The gap between Pro and All Star

Changes made to penalties, all settings to 95 apart from delay of game at 65, check first post.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:07 PM   #10
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Gonna try these tonight. It blows my mind that it's this way every single year. Gameplay on Pro is smooth. Animations play out nicely and there is just a great flow to the game. It's just waaaaaay too easy.

All Star is a mess. It's not that it's too hard even, I can still win most the time but it's sloppy as hell. It's really just hammer pucks at the net and hope something goes in. Forget flow. Forget cycling.

I tried going a similar route. I upped goalies to 75 across the board. The biggest difference is I changed pass accuracy/receptions etc to a lot lower and the game was definitely way harder but it also sucked out all the fun I was having.

Gonna give these a go and hope I can find a balance between harder/fun.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:42 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Gonna try these tonight. It blows my mind that it's this way every single year. Gameplay on Pro is smooth. Animations play out nicely and there is just a great flow to the game. It's just waaaaaay too easy.

All Star is a mess. It's not that it's too hard even, I can still win most the time but it's sloppy as hell. It's really just hammer pucks at the net and hope something goes in. Forget flow. Forget cycling.

I tried going a similar route. I upped goalies to 75 across the board. The biggest difference is I changed pass accuracy/receptions etc to a lot lower and the game was definitely way harder but it also sucked out all the fun I was having.

Gonna give these a go and hope I can find a balance between harder/fun.
Isn't it frustrating, I spent the first 2 months last year trying to find the right difficulty.Even with these sliders its way to easy.My last game I out shot them 28 to 5 in the first period.Superstar seems easier than Allstar.Not sure what to do. Don't want to edit every frigging slider to give the cpu an advantage.Frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2021, 07:23 AM   #12
Rookie

These sliders are great so far. I was having the same issues as the opening post. Pro too easy All Star I needed a perfect game just to compete.

I've played 2 games so far and won 3-2 and 6-4 with an Empty Net goal after being down 4-2. So far so good.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:11 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

As an offline only player it took me awhile to find settings that made the game play like hockey with NHL21. I'm gonna finally start my NHL22 experience using those same and see how it rolls, though I suspect something will go haywire, so am inputting these guys as a backup place to start tweaking again. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:25 AM   #14
Rookie

Seeing a lot of injuries at 65, leave at that if you want more realism or reduce back to 50 for normal EA NHL levels
Old 10-22-2021, 01:14 PM   #15
Rookie

Played my first game. A lot of fun, won 4-1 but the pace was quick and every goal felt earned!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2021, 03:13 PM   #16
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Holy cow, I play normly at 0 game speed and gave these a shot. Even at 3 it seems like I'm shot out of a rocket. I scored a goal in like 12 seconds, 2 on 0.

I'm on Xbox, and don't have any framerate issues, so I was able to go down to 0, and it felt ok. I blow past the defense, and can nearly shoot at will. Not used to that as I am coming down from a custom all star slider set I have been tweaking. Only played a period, so it was only a sample size. Was good to see a penalty, first power play I had in about 6 games, even with penalties at 85 on All star

I'll use this more tomorrow, and post some feedback.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »