Home

Media Hub Issues

This is a discussion on Media Hub Issues within the EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Media Hub Issues

For NHL 09 I created a huge music pack and have been looking into doing one for NHL 11 for the last few days. However, I noticed a few issues.

- Navigation of playlists (at least on 360) is still super slow when you're dealing with 80+ of them. I'd rather have the game pause for a minute (and give a prompt that its loading) to load up all the playlists into memory when you enter the media hub and then be super quick browsing through all the playlists once you're already there.
- What happened to the "apply a playlist to all teams in league for the selected category" option? (and no, thats not the same as "apply to all categories" that does exist in the game currently; it used to be mapped to the "Y" button) I'm pretty sure in 09 you could apply generic playlists to all teams in a league fairly quickly this way. I don't think anyone wants to apply half a dozen generic playlists to the 200 or so teams in the game. At the very least if the ALL Leagues screen had slots for all of the categories (Home Intro, Home Goal, Home Horn, etc) that would be a suitable replacement for the lack of an apply to all teams in league function.

edit: just got a tip that the apply to all leagues option is there once you select the playlist.

Last edited by infinityBCRT; 09-10-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Media Hub Issues

now that Im using the Media Hub I'm noticing even more issues than in NHL09. As stated above, super slow on 360 when browsing through 80+ playlists. With NHL09 there was a trick where you could start the game with 100+ playlists in your network media share, and then after you start the game, you could remove all the playlists from your music library and swap in and out 10-20 at a time into the music library as you were setting them up. NHL 11 doesn't like this because it wants to recheck if your playlists exist everytime you browse to a team so hot swapping them in and out doesn't work anymore. I've already thought up another workaround, but its pretty ugly, and it would be sooooooo so easy if EA actually realized how impractical the current performance and setup of the media hub is, and took some strides to make it usable (such as pre-loading playlsts into memory when entering the media hub, making switching between teams faster, etc).

I've already thought up another work around to get my Music Pack setup for NHL 11, but thats what it is, a workaround.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum »