Home

Cycloniac's NHL 12 Music Pack

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's NHL 12 Music Pack within the EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #25
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cycloniac's NHL 12 Music Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman2900
Cycloniac - Maybe what Saint0wen is trying to say is this: They do take the ice with Seek and Destroy, though the first thirteen-fourteen seconds (the part of the teams coming down the tunnel) is a quick snippet of the Jaws theme before it transitions into Metallica's Seek and Destroy.

This video should help clarify it. At 1:40 the Jaws theme starts, and at 1:53-54 Seek and Destroy begins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3h6MdZ9VcA

I used yo have a file with this intro perfectly, but I'm looking through my stuff, I can't find it. If I do find it, I can post it.

The playoff intro is a little different, the Shark head lowers from the rafters accompanied by the first minute or two of Do You Think I'm a Saxon (I'm not sure if there's time in the game to put that in there, since the playoff cut scene is similar to the regular season, but one can wish) - Sometimes I think the Sharks players used to get too intimidated by their own playoff intro! Hopefully if so, they are over that!
Ya, I understood lol. Infact, I fixed their intro and sounds absolutely fantastic in game. I've been doing some testing in the "lab," concerning how the tracks sound in game, compared to an actual NHL arena. These tests have been successful, and I'm going to use this new technique, aswell as fixing and updating all of the intros very soon.

I already finished the Sharks, Bruins, Capitals and Ducks intros.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #26
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Intros should be completed (with updates) in a week or two.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Ya, I understood lol. Infact, I fixed their intro and sounds absolutely fantastic in game. I've been doing some testing in the "lab," concerning how the tracks sound in game, compared to an actual NHL arena. These tests have been successful, and I'm going to use this new technique, aswell as fixing and updating all of the intros very soon.

I already finished the Sharks, Bruins, Capitals and Ducks intros.
Ok Sweet. I downloaded your pack, but now can't find it, but am getting it again. Though I'm kind of annoyed that this year the Goal Horns/Song length seem shorter than last years game. Your pack is awesome, but the length EA decided to go with is a bit disappointing (I timed it at 23 seconds this year )considering that most teams when the score use up 45-60 seconds.

So I've taken some of the horns and songs I've done in previous EASports NHL versions and been working on cutting down to the standard 23 second length. Some work pretty good, others I've had to take creative liberties and adjust or shorten some teams horns. Serious, New Jersey's horn is 18 seconds long! Now I put the music along with the horn, but once the horn is complete that's like 5 seconds of music only...

On a positive note, I've come up with a few pretty cool sounding horns and songs. I put the Jets with their horn and Zombie Nation. I also have pretty cool sounding generic custom Goal Horn and song that uses the Whalers horn and Zombie Nation. I also did one a year or two ago that has Bahamen "Who let the dogs out merged with the Romantics "What I Like About You" initial was considering using it for (obviously) the Coyotes.

I'm probably going to us your pack for the ones I don't really feel like doing though which is most of them. As a Sharks fan I already my own version if their horn and song, in addition I had and have edited Boston, Chicago, Columbus and Dallas.

I've had to blow out some of the songs to get them to sound right in the game. I'll have to try your pack to see how they sound. Though from a quick listen before loading them on the ps3 they sound great!

Just curious - listened to your Dallas one - did the switch back? I thought at the beginning of the season they were using a Stars version of whip it - locksley. I can't keep up. lol.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #28
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Ok Sweet. I downloaded your pack, but now can't find it, but am getting it again. Though I'm kind of annoyed that this year the Goal Horns/Song length seem shorter than last years game. Your pack is awesome, but the length EA decided to go with is a bit disappointing (I timed it at 23 seconds this year )considering that most teams when the score use up 45-60 seconds.

So I've taken some of the horns and songs I've done in previous EASports NHL versions and been working on cutting down to the standard 23 second length. Some work pretty good, others I've had to take creative liberties and adjust or shorten some teams horns. Serious, New Jersey's horn is 18 seconds long! Now I put the music along with the horn, but once the horn is complete that's like 5 seconds of music only...

On a positive note, I've come up with a few pretty cool sounding horns and songs. I put the Jets with their horn and Zombie Nation. I also have pretty cool sounding generic custom Goal Horn and song that uses the Whalers horn and Zombie Nation. I also did one a year or two ago that has Bahamen "Who let the dogs out merged with the Romantics "What I Like About You" initial was considering using it for (obviously) the Coyotes.

I'm probably going to us your pack for the ones I don't really feel like doing though which is most of them. As a Sharks fan I already my own version if their horn and song, in addition I had and have edited Boston, Chicago, Columbus and Dallas.

I've had to blow out some of the songs to get them to sound right in the game. I'll have to try your pack to see how they sound. Though from a quick listen before loading them on the ps3 they sound great!

Just curious - listened to your Dallas one - did the switch back? I thought at the beginning of the season they were using a Stars version of whip it - locksley. I can't keep up. lol.
It's always nice to hear some positive feedback. Uhh, the Stars may use "The Whip," but I think they alternate between that and their old "Rock and Roll Part II." Honestly, I may have picked their old/alterante track because way too many teams are using "The Whip" lol. I may end up re-releasing my goal horns again in the near future. Just fine tuning everything, improving the sound quality and accuracy.

I definately had to shorten the horns this year to something like 4-5 seconds, so that the goal song could be heard; I hate it. EA needs to improve the celebrations after goals desperately. The cut to the crowd, then to the goalie, then to the player that scored needs to stop. Bring team celebrations back, maybe even look at 2k's goal celebrations, because I'm sure they were longer than this.

Additional note: penalty kill and powerplay tracks may be finished by this weekend!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #29
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3

Sabres now use Lonely Boys-Black Keys as their goal song
Old 02-11-2012, 02:06 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
It's always nice to hear some positive feedback. Uhh, the Stars may use "The Whip," but I think they alternate between that and their old "Rock and Roll Part II." Honestly, I may have picked their old/alterante track because way too many teams are using "The Whip" lol. I may end up re-releasing my goal horns again in the near future. Just fine tuning everything, improving the sound quality and accuracy.

I definately had to shorten the horns this year to something like 4-5 seconds, so that the goal song could be heard; I hate it. EA needs to improve the celebrations after goals desperately. The cut to the crowd, then to the goalie, then to the player that scored needs to stop. Bring team celebrations back, maybe even look at 2k's goal celebrations, because I'm sure they were longer than this.

Additional note: penalty kill and powerplay tracks may be finished by this weekend!
Yeah it's one thing when playing online - I don't mind skipping celebrations, but when I play offline, I enjoy listening to the horn and song. 23 seconds is better than nothing, and love the option to add custom music, but the short time is disappointing.

I actually tested yours out - it sounds much better than mine and really good, but it's seemed the game adds too much reverb, and so both mine and your Goal Horn and Songs sounded bit echo-ish.

I'm working on adjusting my Sharks one I did removing any reverb and adding some gain, but making it loud enough to hear, but not enough to blow it out and will see if that helps.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1535
Sabres now use Lonely Boys-Black Keys as their goal song

Right at 1:02 in the song or the Chorus is what they use. I actually really like that as a goal song.
Frontier League baseball: London Rippers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #32
Rookie

jocke7's Arena

Quote:
Yeah it's one thing when playing online - I don't mind skipping celebrations, but when I play offline, I enjoy listening to the horn and song. 23 seconds is better than nothing, and love the option to add custom music, but the short time is disappointing.

I actually tested yours out - it sounds much better than mine and really good, but it's seemed the game adds too much reverb, and so both mine and your Goal Horn and Songs sounded bit echo-ish.

I'm working on adjusting my Sharks one I did removing any reverb and adding some gain, but making it loud enough to hear, but not enough to blow it out and will see if that helps.
It takes 26-27 seconds from the goal to the puck drops on my game. If you score on a powerplay or a hattrick goal (which adds a cutscene) it takes 30 seconds.

It's really annoying that they added reverb this year. I had all music perfect set up on NHL 11 with reverbed music which sounded great in game. But for 12 the extra reverb made it sound horrible and I had to redo it all, but it's hard to get it to sound good.

I might have found a way to make it sound good now though. I use a program called audacity to edit my music and in there you can give the music something called high pass filter which removes all the deep base and annoying reverb and make it sound clearer. Audacity is free to download so you can try that if you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum »