Home

NHL 13 Sounds and Streaming

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Sounds and Streaming within the EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
NHL 13 Sounds and Streaming

I am familiar with streaming on NCAA and WWE games but each of those games only uses one song playlists for each assignment in their customs sounds menu. However I am new to streaming with NHL games. I use tversity as my means to stream music to my xbox.

It is my understanding that in NHL you can have playlists with more than one song and the game will (randomly?) play a song from that playlist. This seems to be great for things like BIP (Off Play) selections. What is the easiest way to set up custom playlists to place in my "shared folder" so that NHL will recognize them. For NCAA I am familiar with making m3u files/playlists with only one song listed. Is their an easy template or method to add more songs to the m3u playlist or is there another method that is preferable?

Also are their any packs that are "predesigned" with playlists (m3u?) to work with streaming so that I will not have to edit a long m3u file for BIP selections? In looking through the prior threads I saw what looked like what I was talking about for NHL11 by 'infinityBCRT" but it's links are dead due to the megaupload issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
Rookie

R3D BULL83's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 13 Sounds and Streaming

i don't know if people who release custom audio do that but they make it simple to create your own playlist and add the audio
Old 09-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I have figured out how to get everything working well except one thing and I am not sure if it is a limitation of NHL13 or if I just haven't figured it out. I edited all of my M3U files (playlists) in the folder on my PC that streams with all the songs I want for BIP. I just can't figure out if there is a way to make them shuffle in NHL13 or if they will always play in order. Anyone know?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am quite sure they will shuffle on their own. I have been doing it this way for years.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm trying to figure out how to do this on a Mac. I recently switched from PC to Mac and I'm having a tough time creating playlists and such. I use VLC to create playlists and use Plex Media server to stream, but my Xbox isn't picking anything up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardpr68
I am quite sure they will shuffle on their own. I have been doing it this way for years.
Thanks for your reply. I created a playlist for BIP to test it with only three songs and when I did it last night they only played in order. No shuffling. I have now created larger playlists on my PC but I am unsure how to get it to shuffle them? I have not tested the larger playlists but I am not sure adding more songs will be the solution since it didn't work with my 3 song version.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW
Thanks for your reply. I created a playlist for BIP to test it with only three songs and when I did it last night they only played in order. No shuffling. I have now created larger playlists on my PC but I am unsure how to get it to shuffle them? I have not tested the larger playlists but I am not sure adding more songs will be the solution since it didn't work with my 3 song version.
Strange. I always thought in years past they shuffled automatically. I have a BIP Playlist that has hundreds of songs. They never played in the same order in NHL 11, or 12 for that matter. I haven't set it up for 13 yet. It's alot of work. The BIP ones arent, and the intermissions and such, its the teams goal horns and songs I like to do that take forever to set for each team. I'm positive though that it always has randomly shuffled the playlist songs in the past. That's a real bummer if it doesnt this year. That would mean you would essentially hear the same songs, every game.... It's got to shuffle on its own.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Strange. I always thought in years past they shuffled automatically. I have a BIP Playlist that has hundreds of songs. They never played in the same order in NHL 11, or 12 for that matter. I haven't set it up for 13 yet. It's alot of work. The BIP ones arent, and the intermissions and such, its the teams goal horns and songs I like to do that take forever to set for each team. I'm positive though that it always has randomly shuffled the playlist songs in the past. That's a real bummer if it doesnt this year. That would mean you would essentially hear the same songs, every game.... It's got to shuffle on its own.
Yes you are correct. They do appear to shuffle now. The first couple games they did not seem to for me but now that I have a huge playlist in there I have not noticed any repetition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum »