Home

NHL 23 Game Modes Trailer & Details Revealed - Custom Leagues in Franchise Mode & More

This is a discussion on NHL 23 Game Modes Trailer & Details Revealed - Custom Leagues in Franchise Mode & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2022, 12:57 PM   #9
Rookie

gator21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 23 Game Modes, Custom League Trailer and Details Arrive Tomorrow at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
Only Custom Leagues for Franchise mode. Very dissapointed. Will do like last year as bought in used condition from private
Do you think we’ll be able to have custom leagues for season mode? 🙏 If not it’s a no for me.
NHL 23 (PS5)
Flight Simulator 2020 (Xbox Series X)

Follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHV...oSV5J6FvcvrYow
Follow me on Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/gator21s
Old 09-29-2022, 01:22 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 23 Game Modes, Custom League Trailer and Details Arrive Tomorrow at 11:00 AM

I can confirm from a dev that you can’t user control every team in Custom Leagues. Presumably I’d take that as meaning you can only control one team in your custom league Franchise I think that’s a pretty big oversight by them imo.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:44 PM   #11
MVP

I'm not a hockey fan, but seeing all the ho-hum responses in here, don't you all realize this blows Madden out of the water? I'd trade this effort for any I've seen from their developers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 02:45 PM   #12
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentthealien
I can confirm from a dev that you can’t user control every team in Custom Leagues. Presumably I’d take that as meaning you can only control one team in your custom league Franchise I think that’s a pretty big oversight by them imo.
Extremely disappointing and a massive omission.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:26 PM   #13
Rookie

if you have to use the NHL players in the custom league I will be pissed.
You should have the ability to use no NHL teams or NHL players.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:42 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
I'm not a hockey fan, but seeing all the ho-hum responses in here, don't you all realize this blows Madden out of the water? I'd trade this effort for any I've seen from their developers.
True but despite all of that you guys do get to have full user team control in Madden franchises lmao it’s a bit tedious to set up but it can be done.

All that said yes I agree EA’s NHL team gives more of an effort than Madden’s especially when you consider how rich the Madden Franchise is in comparison to them. What’s frustrating with the NHL team is that for every step forward they take there will always be some glaring omission or lack of foresight that prevents it from being a Great Sports game.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:47 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Extremely disappointing and a massive omission.
I Couldn’t agree more, I think a lot of people will be pissed when they figure this out for themselves on the release day. It they are trying to give us more customization I don’t know why they would gloss past that.

I’ve suggested that they patch it in or at the bare minimum make it a Priority to expand the mode in 24. If you want to voice your support for it feel free to go tell them on the official EA NHL Boards like I did lol

Last edited by Grentthealien; 09-29-2022 at 09:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 06:23 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

All sounds good, now make it online franchise and you got something.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »