Home

franchise, do teams scout your team off the bat, cause win 1 and loose 2 afterwards

This is a discussion on franchise, do teams scout your team off the bat, cause win 1 and loose 2 afterwards within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode a Priority
FIFA 23 World Cup Mode - What Happened?
Breaking Down the Latest AEW Fight Forever Trailer

Old 09-30-2022, 04:15 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
franchise, do teams scout your team off the bat, cause win 1 and loose 2 afterwards

In franchise mode, Do teams scout your team right off the bat, cause I win 1 game then next I lose like 2-3 afterward, my thinking is Teams somehow by-passed fog of war: On, whatever you do in the franchise, don't use current team players to march to playoffs, always trade few players for better ones, I have nightmares if you just use default ones on the roster already, from players not staying in position and getting blindsided by stretch pass or letting in AI CPU freely in, you may need to actually look for Defensive Defensemen 3 or 4 of them and get 2 two-way defensemen or 1 offensive defenseman and 1 two-way defenseman, at start your team needs a lot of help in defensive side.

again teams are scouting your team right off the bat. that's cheating I say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2022, 03:18 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Re: franchise, do teams scout your team off the bat, cause win 1 and loose 2 afterwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
In franchise mode, Do teams scout your team right off the bat, cause I win 1 game then next I lose like 2-3 afterward, my thinking is Teams somehow by-passed fog of war: On, whatever you do in the franchise, don't use current team players to march to playoffs, always trade few players for better ones, I have nightmares if you just use default ones on the roster already, from players not staying in position and getting blindsided by stretch pass or letting in AI CPU freely in, you may need to actually look for Defensive Defensemen 3 or 4 of them and get 2 two-way defensemen or 1 offensive defenseman and 1 two-way defenseman, at start your team needs a lot of help in defensive side.

again teams are scouting your team right off the bat. that's cheating I say.
Honestly, I donít think scouting has anything to do with it. The simulation engine just isnít very good. Iíve seen good teams finish last, and bad teams go all the way to the conference finals
Old 10-12-2022, 03:33 PM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: franchise, do teams scout your team off the bat, cause win 1 and loose 2 afterwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Honestly, I donít think scouting has anything to do with it. The simulation engine just isnít very good. Iíve seen good teams finish last, and bad teams go all the way to the conference finals
I have seen that too, I've seen one where Columbus Blue Jackets went like 55-20-4, then went to The Stanley Cup Finals, and Beat a team like Florida Panthers 4-2 series and first win its first Stanley cup, and then you investigate their roster and all I saw was mediocre players with only like 2 stars and maybe 1-star defensemen, or another one is Ottawa Senators they win first Stanley cup and then next season they don't even make playoffs.

all the whacky stuff happens after 2 seasons In playing the game, you start seeing random teams winning it, I once saw Montreal winning it.

am baffled at some of these results

hey thank you for sticking up for me in another thread, yes my English is bad, but I do try to make good conversation, yes am not very good at English, thank you man *gives you handshake*

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 10-12-2022 at 03:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »