Home

NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

This is a discussion on NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-13-2022, 06:20 AM   #105
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
Yesterday I watched two NHL 23 streams shortly on YT and noticed that they removed the slow motion replays of the goals ? Can someone confirm that, or am I wrong and these guys only disabled it ? If yes, have they removed the replays during the period break in the small window too ?
Yes it has been confirmed by EA themselves… It acts like 22 does when you choose the condensed broadcast option instead of full. But the bad part here is NO option to turn it on full…

It means that they only show one replay of your team's goal and shows nothing when the opponent scores 😒

For the small window, are you talking about the action tracker thingy in the pause menu ? If you do, I’m not sure it's there, will have to look into this…
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2022, 07:01 AM   #106
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Yes it has been confirmed by EA themselves… It acts like 22 does when you choose the condensed broadcast option instead of full. But the bad part here is NO option to turn it on full…

It means that they only show one replay of your team's goal and shows nothing when the opponent scores 😒

For the small window, are you talking about the action tracker thingy in the pause menu ? If you do, I’m not sure it's there, will have to look into this…
that's stupid. Never have understood taking away options that have been in previous games.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:06 AM   #107
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

The worst part is, since I play on Manual Line Change, sometimes I don't even have time to put the lines I want on the ice because of this !
Old 10-13-2022, 08:32 AM   #108
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

Played two games on the trial. There's always a complaint about Madden, Show, NBA 2k being a new coat of paint and a roster update. I'd love to see what a novice would say if they sat down and played say NHL ps4 to now.

This is rough. This won't even be a $30 purchase. I'll just wait for access and stick to 22 since for me anyway this feels the exact same. Every part of it.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:45 AM   #109
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

So I've played several more single player games and a few online games. The bottom line is I see some nice additions and subtle changes but way too many lingering issues and bad AI still exists. I could see tweaking the sliders enough to enjoy the game but.......unfortunately we all know that once the HUT micro transaction money spenders whine about things every single thing anyone posted they like , game play wise, will be eliminated via patch and tuner. It happens every year. The game initially shows promise and its soon patched to play exactly like the year before to appease the HUT babies.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:58 AM   #110
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
The game initially shows promise and its soon patched to play exactly like the year before to appease the HUT babies.
I HATE these HUT babies, lol !

But me Jake, I've really enjoyed my time with the trial so far… Of course I've tweaked the game to my liking and I don't and never wanna play online, sooooo…
Old 10-13-2022, 10:43 AM   #111
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
I HATE these HUT babies, lol !

But me Jake, I've really enjoyed my time with the trial so far… Of course I've tweaked the game to my liking and I don't and never wanna play online, sooooo…
But that's one of my complaints. The game comes out and I see enough promise to warrant slider tweaking and try and enjoy a season but the patches send you back to the drawing board on the sliders and by late November, maybe early December, the game no longer resembles the game I purchased and plays exactly like last years.

The problem is EA thinks a patch is a one size fits all solution and that's idiotic thinking. Something that fixes an offline CPU AI issue screws up something with online human players so they fix that but that screws up the offline players experience. They do this a few times and settle on appeasing the online community who is still pumping dollars into the game where us offline guys only pay the initial price..

I understand patches take care of bigger issues and they aren't going to make multiple patches at a time but why can't they release offline tuners separate from online tuners and name them as such giving us the option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #112
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
But that's one of my complaints. The game comes out and I see enough promise to warrant slider tweaking and try and enjoy a season but the patches send you back to the drawing board on the sliders and by late November, maybe early December, the game no longer resembles the game I purchased and plays exactly like last years.

The problem is EA thinks a patch is a one size fits all solution and that's idiotic thinking. Something that fixes an offline CPU AI issue screws up something with online human players so they fix that but that screws up the offline players experience. They do this a few times and settle on appeasing the online community who is still pumping dollars into the game where us offline guys only pay the initial price..

I understand patches take care of bigger issues and they aren't going to make multiple patches at a time but why can't they release offline tuners separate from online tuners and name them as such giving us the option?
Weird because I played the hell out of NHL20, but for different reasons and the hockey fever just came back not too long ago, so I downloaded NHL22 (free on game pass) and I’m very happy to say that I’m really enjoying my time with slider tweaks and fixing the dumb Offensive AI for DMEN’s…

As a pure OFFLINE player, I can say that this game gives more than enough for my hockey fix…

As for Tuners, aren’t there multiple versions that you can choose ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »