Home

NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

This is a discussion on NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-20-2022, 12:32 PM   #185
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You are right, and on a related note I think there's a LOT of folks on OS who just need to quit on certain games. If you hate the game but buy it specifically to find glitches, bugs, stupid crap, etc then maybe you should look at yourself for buying a product you hate and why you are leaning into that?

Not saying that folks can't hate on something they have bought, by all means, have at it, but if you keep doing it are you really doing yourself any favors?

I am not saying to give up on a game, but maybe take a year off or two years off and see if it improved enough for you, fixed the things you had issues with, etc
Nobody is really hating on the game because of glitches or them not fixing things. I loved the NhL games the last few years.

Most of us are “pissed” because of the things removed without any reasoning or even a modicum of logic behind it.

Also, a lot of us are angry at the lack of transparency, and the flat out shifty, seedy, and downright deceiving advertising of this game before release. Implying that certain features have been “upgraded” in the game, without even the slightest mention of them being scaled back or in some cases flat out removed.

I always try and be constructive in these forums. I comment on this forum even though I do not own this version of the game, because for one I played the trial, and two NHL was my favorite sports title over the last 3 years even though hockey is not my #1 sport. I want to see if there is improvements throughout the year that may make me want to buy this years version, and also participate in discussions with other forum members.

To be honest a lot of people are pissed this year, and justifiably so. The way EA tried to sale the game this year is down right disgusting. I’m not going to sit here and act like this game is great, because it is isn’t. Even if the gameplay is better it is a scaled back version of last years game feature wise, and literal downgrade from what we have gotten in the past.

If that comes of as being negative just to be negative then I am sorry. But I just don’t have a lot of positive things to say about this years game. But I still would like to participate in the discussion and give my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2022, 01:45 PM   #186
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Nobody is really hating on the game because of glitches or them not fixing things. I loved the NhL games the last few years.

Most of us are “pissed” because of the things removed without any reasoning or even a modicum of logic behind it.

Also, a lot of us are angry at the lack of transparency, and the flat out shifty, seedy, and downright deceiving advertising of this game before release. Implying that certain features have been “upgraded” in the game, without even the slightest mention of them being scaled back or in some cases flat out removed.

I always try and be constructive in these forums. I comment on this forum even though I do not own this version of the game, because for one I played the trial, and two NHL was my favorite sports title over the last 3 years even though hockey is not my #1 sport. I want to see if there is improvements throughout the year that may make me want to buy this years version, and also participate in discussions with other forum members.

To be honest a lot of people are pissed this year, and justifiably so. The way EA tried to sale the game this year is down right disgusting. I’m not going to sit here and act like this game is great, because it is isn’t. Even if the gameplay is better it is a scaled back version of last years game feature wise, and literal downgrade from what we have gotten in the past.

If that comes of as being negative just to be negative then I am sorry. But I just don’t have a lot of positive things to say about this years game. But I still would like to participate in the discussion and give my two cents.
Well hey I don't disagree with anything you said, I just know that as someone who has generalized anxiety disorder that I keep in mind that I cannot control a lot of things but I can control my reaction to them.

So should you speak up if something in a game really bothers you? Heck yea!

However, you should also not let yourself get caught up in obsessing on it or just using the game as some sort of proxy about other issues, game related or not.

If something really bothers me I'd email or contact in some fashion the game makers rather than only posting it here.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-20-2022, 01:48 PM   #187
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

To give an example, one thing I hate about NHL series by EA is the AI constantly going after the puck, even on powerplays where teams generally sit back and defend.

I asked someone in the forum who had the game early about this and they said that was still the case.

I don't like the fact that this is the case but I am not going to let it ruin my fun.

Heck I don't think I even emailed or tweeted to EA about it, so I guess it's not really a deal breaker for me or I would have done that.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-21-2022, 02:17 AM   #188
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
To give an example, one thing I hate about NHL series by EA is the AI constantly going after the puck, even on powerplays where teams generally sit back and defend.

I asked someone in the forum who had the game early about this and they said that was still the case.

I don't like the fact that this is the case but I am not going to let it ruin my fun.

Heck I don't think I even emailed or tweeted to EA about it, so I guess it's not really a deal breaker for me or I would have done that.

The penaltykilling issue can be fixed by changing team strategies. The 1-2-1 is the default for ALL teams and that has one free guy always pressing the puck carrier.

Try passive box or even diamond, and they will play more passively. Again this depends on the teams real life strategies. If they do employ the 1-2-1. You have to keep the puck moving.

Also game speed affects this, if you use out of the box game speed, you wont have time to breathe on the PP against the 1-2-1.

I have my game speed at 0/6 and skating speed at low 40s. ( default is 50/100).

Out of the box, this game to me is unplayable. I think the Dev team thinks with sliders, they have given enough tools to adjust for offline gaming. And for NHL 23, sliders alone could fix most gameplay issues, except the cpu ai dmen offensive and shooting behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-22-2022, 11:20 AM   #189
Pro

Are you guys seeing penalties with the slider moved to 4/4?
Old 10-22-2022, 11:39 AM   #190
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy99
Are you guys seeing penalties with the slider moved to 4/4?
Me I’m on 3 out 4 with my sliders, (other factors comes into play) meaning other sliders, this game is very touchy, lol ! And I get on average 6 to 8 penalties a game on average… Which suits me very fine…

I play on All-Star difficulty.
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 10-22-2022, 12:47 PM   #191
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Me I’m on 3 out 4 with my sliders, (other factors comes into play) meaning other sliders, this game is very touchy, lol ! And I get on average 6 to 8 penalties a game on average… Which suits me very fine…

I play on All-Star difficulty.

I’m balancing that right now. I’m getting called a ton, as I re-learn how and when to be aggressive with stick lifts and pokes. But I’m not seeing many others, so I’ve been bumping it up.

I try to stick as close to out of the box as possible, but I do think they have some smart sliders in the game.

One thing I noticed right away was that Human strategy adjustment default is three this year. It’s always launched at zero. Since I don’t make many on the fly adjustments anymore, I’ve been playing with it set at 3 or 4 for years.

There was a time I loved changing them up myself, but I’ve grown tired of it. It eliminates the main thing you see people complain about, that the CPU doesn’t change tactics.

If you change tactics, the CPU will. If you don’t, then CPU will stick with the same strategy, unless it needs to catch-up or protect a lead, which leaves you at an even greater disadvantage, because the CPU adjusted to game conditions, while you didn’t.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2022, 01:58 PM   #192
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeWhy
I’m balancing that right now. I’m getting called a ton, as I re-learn how and when to be aggressive with stick lifts and pokes. But I’m not seeing many others, so I’ve been bumping it up.

I try to stick as close to out of the box as possible, but I do think they have some smart sliders in the game.

One thing I noticed right away was that Human strategy adjustment default is three this year. It’s always launched at zero. Since I don’t make many on the fly adjustments anymore, I’ve been playing with it set at 3 or 4 for years.

There was a time I loved changing them up myself, but I’ve grown tired of it. It eliminates the main thing you see people complain about, that the CPU doesn’t change tactics.

If you change tactics, the CPU will. If you don’t, then CPU will stick with the same strategy, unless it needs to catch-up or protect a lead, which leaves you at an even greater disadvantage, because the CPU adjusted to game conditions, while you didn’t.
I do the same play with it on three. I can’t be bothered in game doing that I just want to play. I’ll let the “coach” handle that. I do the same with NBA game too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »