Home

From Reddit: EA intentionally removed “full presntation” this year

This is a discussion on From Reddit: EA intentionally removed “full presntation” this year within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2022, 10:32 AM   #17
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: From Reddit: EA intentionally removed “full presntation” this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodles2you90
Their presentation was terrible last year. Hopefully this means they are revamping the whole thing for NHL 24. Hoping...
Unfortunately this is said every year....hopefully NHL 20, hopefully NHL 21, hopefully NHL 22, hopefully NHL 23....the sad reality is HUT is their cash cow and there really is no reason to listen to the offline serious hockey fan. We get subtle changes, some enough to get us to buy it and by the middle of November the HUT babies cry enough and the game gets patched to play exactly like the year before.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:25 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 24

This is insane when literally one of the big "upgrades" this year was presentation. It defies actual logic!

I know it is a small dev team, but this is straight-up hostile to players and there's no explanation for removing options. Pathetic from these guys, seriously, on a professional level. Imagine developing a game and literally deciding to take away something for a segment of your players for no reason other than to...piss them off? Makes no sense.

I usually give these guys the benefit of the doubt because they have, in the past, given us offline guys some options to make the game better than it is. But this is just such a bummer. I'm really happy I got this game simply through Gamestop credit rather shelling out $70.

Last edited by tyler289; 10-13-2022 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:41 AM   #19
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
To be fair here, if you've played the trial, it's not a copy and paste… The graphics, the amazing crowds and the gameplay have all been upgraded, and for me the on ice action have never felt better ! The game's atmosphere is exceptional IMO.

I agree on this point. Though the way the new intros were advertised is quite disappointing. Seems to be more of an EASHL/HUT/ custom franchise team upgrade than anything real-life.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 10-13-2022, 11:51 AM   #20
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
https://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comm...nse_to_nhl_23/

For the people speculating it would be added after the trial. Confirmed by the EA community manager. It’s out by design this year and probably not coming back.

This combined with strategies being removed from franchise, I am out this year. Have fun boys
There is NO way they removed STRATEGIES from franchise?

Please provide proof?
Old 10-13-2022, 11:53 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I agree on this point. Though the way the new intros were advertised is quite disappointing. Seems to be more of an EASHL/HUT/ custom franchise team upgrade than anything real-life.

If you watch the presentation video, every 10 seconds the guy says, "for World of CHEL and EASHL." I thought this was to emphasize that you can create your own and use them online, too. But it turns out he was covering the legality of announcing a new feature that is implied available for everyone, but is actually only for people who play online. Just really scummy all-around.

Removing replays and already-recorded lines about goaltenders is just aggressively hostile to offline players that I can't help but think Rammer decided to make offline play so lame to push as many people as possible to HUT and EASHL.

Last edited by tyler289; 10-13-2022 at 11:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2022, 11:54 AM   #22
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87

For my short time with the game, I've seen hats on the ice for a hat trick, I've seen players lift their stick for either pointing to an open teammate or on a line change. And I've only saw the ‘’desperation'' move once, but it was well done. But in small doses, it's perfect IMO. Was afraid that would be spammed out of control, lol !

I don't know about the on ice intros though… Sometimes I saw them playing home and sometimes nothing… Probably not to again be too repetitive I guess.
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 10-13-2022, 11:58 AM   #23
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
There is NO way they removed STRATEGIES from franchise?

Please provide proof?
Proof? Go play the trial my guy its not there. Check me track record on this forum, I have never been one to pass off any false information for purposes of simply trashing a game. Also, there is another thread on this same forum where someone playing the trial confirmed that strategies are restricted to a pre-game adjustment only. Which means they only can be changed on a per game basis and not universally in franchise mode.

This also means that you are stuck with whatever strategies you start the mode with, because even when you make a coaching change (same as it has been since they introduced the coaching staff feature) your strategies stay on the default strategies of your original coach. You used to be able to manually change them to match up with your new coaches philosophy, but you can no longer do that. This makes coaching staffs a completely useless feature.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ribers-13.html

Here you go! Confirmed by a user on this forum you can only change strategies on a per game basis and they do not carry over. Also confirming coaching changes do not replace the pre set strategies. It’s also all over Reddit and EA official forum if you want to go have a look

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 10-13-2022 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:10 PM   #24
Rookie

Kinvarus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
To be fair here, if you've played the trial, it's not a copy and paste… The graphics, the amazing crowds and the gameplay have all been upgraded, and for me the on ice action have never felt better ! The game's atmosphere is exceptional IMO.
I have played it and it's still mostly a copy and paste job, like always they add little things to it. The crowds are better yes but when they promote one major selling point of what they've improved being the presentation and then willingly remove half the presentation that's bad. And I'm sorry but 2 seconds of the National Anthem and a slightly more reactive crowd does not make up for removing all the other intros, goalie comparisons and all the in game replays outside of when a goal is scored.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »