Home

NHL 23 Franchise/Season Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NHL 23 Franchise/Season Discussion Thread within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2022, 06:43 AM   #17
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 23 Franchise/Season Discussion Thread

Nordiques drop heartbreaker against Wings

For the 3rd game in a row, Quebec city gave up the first goal, but came back to earn a point.

Elmer Soderblom opened the scoring in the second period. Ross Johnston replied 6 minutes later for the Nordiques, but two quick goals for the Wings, scored by Dylan Larkin and Joe Veleno put the Wings up 3-1 going into the 3rd.

Another strong 3rd period by the Nordiques, with goals by Anthony Beauvillier and Alex Formenton brought QC back, but shootout goals by Dylan Larkin and Lucas Raymond locked up the first win of the season for the Wings.

Anthony Stolarz was solid in goal, stopping 26/29 shots, but didn't make a save in the shootout.

Up next, the Nordiques have their first back to back games of the season, starting in Boston and finishing the following night in Columbus against Johnny Gaudreau and the new-look Blue Jackets. Quebec City will open their home schedule on Saturday against the (currently) undefeated Hurricanes at the Videotron Center.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:26 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Thanks man!

Yeah, I have a few in-house rules that keep it reasonably honest...There were certainly better players available, but I knew in reality that they wouldn't actually have been available. Sam Girard was a "Must take-must keep" guy, because he immediately becomes captain and is here long term.

I feel like I went with a simple middle ground when it comes to what Seattle and Vegas did...main thing was getting assets to move so that I could get picks to build forward. The team isn't *bad*, but we're certainly not good, and will continue to build going forward...I almost feel like I built a 1 level house but didn't start with a foundation/slab...basically built a house on sand! I'm *thinking* that I can probably remain reasonably competitive throughout the season, and given that I've got the Jets and Isles 1st round picks in 2023, plus mine, my thought is that targetting prospects between 15OA-25OA is the wise bet. Getting Bedard or Fantilli would be huge, but I don't think I'm bad enough to get there!
What about Michkov ? You don't have him in the game ? For me the same level as Bedard
Old 11-10-2022, 09:13 AM   #19
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
I'm curious as to how we'll both feel when Formenton is inevitably suspended because of his (likely/alledged/not so great) team Canada issues...

He was a tough pick for me, but mannnnn he's fast!
He is really fast for sure. I wasn't aware of his real life issues to be honest. Guess that's why Ottawa hasn't signed him.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:43 AM   #20
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Great Thread Kins!!

I got a twist for you in Franchise... If you want to try it.. Here goes

Personal Franchise settings with Rules/Camera/Sliders but it must be a AUTO FANTASY DRAFT. Here is the twist... Grab 2 DICE.. Roll the dice and whatever the total of the dice is you must SHUFFLE the draft order...

Example: when the 1st draft order is shown, you roll the dice if roll 12 you must shuffle it 12 times. That is the easy part.

Here is hard part that takes tons of SELF control...

1. ABSOLUTELY NO RFA's over 82
2. ALL Trades involving RFA's(after 1 full season played) must be paid out @ Double worth.
3. ALL UFA's signed above 85 automatically have NMC's until the last year of their contracts.
4. ALL trades must be paid out at 1.5x the asking price.
5. NO OFFERSHEETS until 3 years into the Franchise

Have Fun
Old 11-10-2022, 09:46 AM   #21
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
He is really fast for sure. I wasn't aware of his real life issues to be honest. Guess that's why Ottawa hasn't signed him.
Not to derail from the thread, but Alex Formenton and Drake Batherson both have a HUGE question mark on their forehead concerning that whole scandal with Team Canada Juniors that happened in 2018…

Not guilty until proved, but if they are, I would not want to see their Mugs ever again in my life…
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2022, 11:03 AM   #22
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
What about Michkov ? You don't have him in the game ? For me the same level as Bedard
Michkov will be available as well, but Bedard/Fantilli down the middle would fix a lot of my future issues.
Old 11-10-2022, 11:05 AM   #23
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Not to derail from the thread, but Alex Formenton and Drake Batherson both have a HUGE question mark on their forehead concerning that whole scandal with Team Canada Juniors that happened in 2018…

Not guilty until proved, but if they are, I would not want to see their Mugs ever again in my life…
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Yeah, not a great situation at the moment. It's been kind of quiet for the past couple of weeks because of the Bruins drama, but I'm sure it'll pop up again here soon.
Old 11-10-2022, 11:10 AM   #24
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Great Thread Kins!!

I got a twist for you in Franchise... If you want to try it.. Here goes

Personal Franchise settings with Rules/Camera/Sliders but it must be a AUTO FANTASY DRAFT. Here is the twist... Grab 2 DICE.. Roll the dice and whatever the total of the dice is you must SHUFFLE the draft order...

Example: when the 1st draft order is shown, you roll the dice if roll 12 you must shuffle it 12 times. That is the easy part.

Here is hard part that takes tons of SELF control...

1. ABSOLUTELY NO RFA's over 82
2. ALL Trades involving RFA's(after 1 full season played) must be paid out @ Double worth.
3. ALL UFA's signed above 85 automatically have NMC's until the last year of their contracts.
4. ALL trades must be paid out at 1.5x the asking price.
5. NO OFFERSHEETS until 3 years into the Franchise

Have Fun
Hahaha, too far into the deep end for me. I've tried to run a fantasy draft franchise a few times, but I just find that it strays too far from realism for me.

Expansion is the closest I'll get to it I think. I just find that I can justify player movement a bit easier.

One thing that I'd kill to be able to do? Have a franchise mode that you can run with the CHL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »