Home

No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

This is a discussion on No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:18 AM   #145
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

When Littman was in charge this game was concerned about the fan. When Rammer got in the big seat its all about the $ aka HUT. Such a joke they're going to lose a HUGE chunk of the NHL players in a sports game that is already low on the food chain compared to other sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 03:48 AM   #146
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6m-nhUcos EASHL I think this song fits what we are are feeling with the modes being gone
Old 08-20-2014, 03:57 AM   #147
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Okay, folks, just to clarify...

These modes won't be in the PS4 version, but will be in the PS3/360 version?

Or were they taken out of that too?

I ask because I recently got a PS4, and need to know whether to pass on the PS3 game as well. I skipped NHL 14 because I didn't think enough had changed between games, but if last gen doesn't have these, I'm skipping this year too.
if your getting NHL 15 for you PS3 (I'm guessing you still have it) you will get all the modes pretty much PS3 and 360 users get a full game with all modes and PS4 and Xbox one users get half pretty much
Old 08-20-2014, 04:30 AM   #148
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCC4N33R
EA has a ****ing monopoly on NHL and MADDEN. they **** on there fans every ****ing year, cause they have no competition.

bring back 2K **** EA
I wouldn't be surprised once a new competitor actually develops and releases a new hockey game, whatever great new thing they create as cool feature EA will immediately incorporate it into their own game. EA did give us the skill stick which has been great but that was back in 2006. Also the commentary has been fantastic until it got reached its use by 2 or three years ago. EASHL has been a strong success too. But gameplay wise, other than the skill stick nothing has really evolved to a great level. Either they have no ideas left or they are waiting for a reason (financial competition) to use them. It doesn't help that hockey is not a popular sport.

Just wondering what sells better, a tennis game or an EA hockey game?

Last edited by 18 eighty 5; 08-20-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:10 AM   #149
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_ZERO2777
if your getting NHL 15 for you PS3 (I'm guessing you still have it) you will get all the modes pretty much PS3 and 360 users get a full game with all modes and PS4 and Xbox one users get half pretty much
If you're right, that's the one I'm getting. Screw next-gen this year.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:26 AM   #150
Rookie

Jellobiafra's Arena

Hands down I will not buy this game. If we do not make a stand now then they will continue to destroy the online experience with micro transactional modes like ultimate team. The excuse of timing is absurd. When asked previously ea Canada had been more than willing to imply that they were in a better situation to get what they needed done due to not releaseing last fall. Just listen to the Press Row guys. My worry now is that all other sports games follow suit and slowly decapitate the only mode I love - Connected career/online franchise mode. Kids modes such as ultimate team or pie in the sky modes like be a pro will be the death of gaming as we know it. How many years will it take before these next gen games get it right?? Oh probably around the time the next next gen is due to come out. MLB the Show is the only game so far that can be happy with what they have released next gen. NHL15 dont get it.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:45 AM   #151
Rookie

newjerseydamo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I do believe what Rammer said about complications with code, latency, desync, etc is true. 1 v 1 games are different from having up to 12 people playing live on different consoles, from different provinces/ states.
Sorry but I don't believe this at all. Just look at how many versions have had the different features, they've had years of experience with having it work on 360/PS3. You're telling me MS and Sony have made it that much more difficult to code for and port from older generations to new generations?

Sorry but I don't buy that at all. These people are professionals at their job, EA has had teams working on Madden and FIFA for the last several years, plus they skipped next gen last year.
It's not like the XB1 and PS4 were a "surprise we're here" situation. Like any new console coming out, developers have access early to learn the systems and make new games for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 06:27 AM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 1
NHL 15 for PS3 sounds like the better game. ...new announcers, custom sounds ( goal horns, euro trash club music is key), all legacy modes are in. Gameplay will suffice.

PS4 has no custom sounds, a ported Be A GM, and the same exact announcing logic.

Why would devote 12 months to the PS3 version when yhe whole idea of skipping a year gives you more time to devote towards the PS4 version. I dont get that, if thats the case, do we have an NBA Live situation here? Should they have waited until 2015 to release the stinking game for NHL 16. This is incredibly disappointing to both online and offline players. Even Kojima had enough sense to release MGS5 at $30, because it was only a half a game!!! The market will speak and this PS4 iteration will come down hard in price. I wouldnt be surprised if the PS3 version holds strong at 40-50 bucks the whole year, and the PS4 is at the 30-40 range for most of the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »