Home

No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

This is a discussion on No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

Didn't realize that Live the Life is out too. HAHAHAHA. Isn't Be-A-Pro live the life?

Last edited by Devilsfanatic; 08-19-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #66
Rookie

This really puts a ton of pressure on the gameplay demo to release next week. If the core gameplay that they seem really proud of is broken or not as innovative as they claim, this could set the franchise back for much longer than just this year. As a die hard hockey fan, I'm really hoping that the gameplay really is as good as they claim.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #67
Rookie

Rhys1218's Arena

Re: No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

Not quite sure how they can have so many more game modes on old gen than the current gen, especially when the new hardware is more powerful. Sounds almost as bad as Madden 06 when it came out on the 360!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #68
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonc1979
I am not an online gamer, so while the rumors concerned me, I was hoping I wouldn't be affected. I was wrong. I spend all of my time in Be A GM, but from this interview, it sounds like we are getting a dumb-ed down version.

It is a slap in the face to the supporters of the franchise that they are charging full price for this game, yet the only game mode that I expect is going to be fully working is the mode they use to milk more money from gamers. I hope this year's game doesn't kill the franchise, but if this is the kind of games they are going to deliver, it won't be a big loss.
You are right on Brandon. They are slowly fazing your market out of these games. It is all about the Micro Transaction.

If you read Rammer's interview you will notice how Ultimate Team is not even mentioned by him. It's almost like he was purposely trying to avoid bringing it up.

Yet when you look at NHL15 they basically are saying pay $60 to play HUT which is a game mode that encourages Micro Transactions.

EA has every right as a company to maximize their profits. Some companies put customers first. EA is putting their profit margin first.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #69
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

^ hopefully that isn't true. If people stand by their word they are going to feel it huge. I am really going to put some trust in this community and others that we will do the right thing and not buy this game. They need to feel this and we need an overhaul of the whole NHL team. They don't know what their customer wants.

I hope I don't get banned for this but I am severely disappointed in OS as well. EA has been incredibly quick to ban on their site and I feel as if there is no way for us to rally against this, the OS ban hammer seems to be against what the site is intended for. The devs need to be put down for a decision like this, and obviously EA and while OS has put out some very good article's on the matter their defense of the devs here seems to be standing in EA's corner opposed to the gamer.

Last edited by drewst18; 08-19-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #70
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

EAs new catch line 'If it was in the game it's not in the game.'
Old 08-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #71
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Wow. I thought I heard rammer say this was a fully featured game... Whatever. There goes my purchase of an xbox and nhl/fifa/madden. Nhl was my go to game this year to buy a next gen console so I can play with a friends of mine (we play EASHL on 360, we're obsessed). So this hurts my chances of connecting with them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #72
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
So I guess no Season Mode either?

No use buying. That's all I play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »