Home

NHL 15 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (Xbox One, PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (Xbox One, PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #113
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by centauris
I don't think going from complete control of your stick and puck with the right stick to no control at all is necessary a good thing.
The difference between last year and this year is the animations are more realistic. In years past, you'd be able to pull off moves that you shouldn't be able to do in certain situations. What you can pull off depends on your balance and position with the puck, the way it should be. Also, the animations in the last games were very robotic and looked awkward when you did moves. It didn't look like real dekes while in this game, they do. You should be restricted based on player and the position you're in to make said deke
Old 08-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #114
Banned

CelticHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Anyone have see the 12-physic that could get some multi new collision situation as in real hockey works in the demo? the problem is that a part of the presentation and crowd, other brilliant features that game could be have, seems that there arent in the demo....
Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #115
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Does it also depend on how fast you're skating at that time? More speed, less movement?

And can anyone comment on how aggressive your CPU teammates are? Are they still pretty passive?
I had a few times where i could make a really nice pass from the corner to a winger that had made his way to the slot behind the D. Scored once or twice doing that. If you run out of position in your own zone and change players a bit you WILL mess up the AI. They can't think for your crappy play. I know because I'm a huge fan of hockey but a terrible NHL video game player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #116
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5
Yep the demo on PS4 is clearly a better offering. Still not convinced about the game yet. Having fun with the demo though.
Why would that be the case?
Old 08-26-2014, 10:31 AM   #117
Rookie

alangst's Arena

Having not seriously played a Hockey game since nhl 10 on ps3, I was blown away by the look and feel of the game. Did make the mistake of starting of rookie (since I havn't played hockey in awhile, but had to quit after a 10/12 shot start in the first where the Rangers never once controlled the puck..lol).

My main takeaway was basically that the game seems to be fun...alot of fun. Also, I love the inclusion of 3 difficulty modes and practice in the demo, which should net me alot of playtime before the 9th.

The only mistake was by EA releasing this on the same day as madden. After having so much fun with this, I'm gonna stick with the vault version of M25 instead of M15, and just hold out for NHL.

As soon as PSN gets back up, I can't wait to try it out on ps4 and see if there's any noticeable feel to the game.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
it's not the case though. so i'm not sure what he means.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #119
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
Hardware......?
Old 08-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by centauris
it's not the case though. so i'm not sure what he means.
I can say that the ps4 version has way more responsive skating and less "clunky" player control compared to the xbox one demo.

I have no idea why this is the case, but it is. I'm not complaining!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »