Home

NHL 15 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (Xbox One, PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (Xbox One, PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 08-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #33
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Bwiggy, It is. You can skate up the boards over the line every time again.

I found my backhand goal is money again. I can score during practice with Kopitar every time already. Even carry out from the corner boards and go far side on the goal line on Lundqvist every single time. Went 15/15 on it.

But I'll save full impressions for late tonight. There is lots of positives so far and some negatives. And a lot of the same with the goalies, which isn't good.
Thanks for the response. That was my fear but I expected as much anyway. I just went from looking forward to trying the demo tomorrow to probably just playing Madden when I get home from work and downloading the demo some other time. It is a little encouraging hearing the D pressure is bumped up a bit though. Still I am about 90% sure this will be the second straight year I won't buy NHL. It's sad that not even the sport of hockey can even sell me this game or make me bite the bullet and buy it.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 08-25-2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #34
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Thanks for the response. That was my fear but I expected as much anyway. I just went from looking forward to trying the demo tomorrow to probably just playing Madden when I get home from work and downloading the demo some other time. It is a little encouraging hearing the D pressure is bumped up a bit though. Still I am about 90% sure this will be the second straight year I won't buy NHL. It's sad that not even the sport of hockey can even sell me this game or make me bite the bullet and buy it.
It's definitely worth trying it out. It's a little looser and clunkier, in a good way. With decent sliders might get a good offline game. I'm taking diligent notes for my write up though. Trying to list all positives and negatives for my "review".

But overall, I'm just liking that I'm playing a new hockey game at the moment. The 2min periods are killer. No setup time. And I'm a big cycler and work the zone guy.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wow. This game is actually really good. Then again, I haven't played since NHL 11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #36
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Play the game on hardcore mode!!! Normal ain't gonna cut it!!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not complaining, great game, but unlucky game. Up 1-0 going into to last 60 seconds. Rangers score a legit goal with 58 seconds left. Then with 10 seconds left a Rangers player shoots a weak shot, Quick saves, but then a Rangers player is there to put the puck in the one spot where Quick isn't. Great game, lots of potential. No matter what, it will be in my house September 9th
Old 08-25-2014, 10:38 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkennedy
Not complaining, great game, but unlucky game. Up 1-0 going into to last 60 seconds. Rangers score a legit goal with 58 seconds left. Then with 10 seconds left a Rangers player shoots a weak shot, Quick saves, but then a Rangers player is there to put the puck in the one spot where Quick isn't. Great game, lots of potential. No matter what, it will be in my house September 9th
Did doc scream scoressssssssssssss!!??
Old 08-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #39
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

Is the gameplay good enough to make me buy an xbox one and NHL 15??? Really pissed that eashl isn't in (wanted to play with my buddies)
NHL New York Rangers
MLB New York Yankees
NFL New York Giants
Old 08-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

the right stick control when you have the puck seems sluggish and weird. can you even stick handle with the right stick?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »