Home

NHL 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 02:45 AM   #433
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions

So far I'm enjoying the game play quite a bit, but the goalies seem to let in everything. The computer is tearing me up at the moment even on Pro. I can generally outscore them, but it feels like my goalie is pretty easy to score on.

I really like the game play so far.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:10 AM   #434
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Just curious with EA's focus being on gameplay, have they FINALLY fixed the lack of penalties?? That's definitely part of "gameplay".....just curious

PSN: hoos4974
Old 09-09-2014, 03:18 AM   #435
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Great gameplay...except for the lack of penalties. No excuse for it. I'm not sure what it is, but it has to be some sort of philosophy among devs that penalties and fouls take away the fun factor in games.

Minimal penalties in NHL, rarely do fouls get called in FIFA, and finally the penalty situation in Madden. I'm sick of the excuses as to why this never gets handled.

AGREED A MILLION TIMES OVER!!! SO FRUSTRATING

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 05:10 AM   #436
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
I didnt see a Impressions thread so ill post here , On gameplay alone this game is amazing if you can blend it with your skill level and sliders and AlTitos sliders are a great base to start , cant wait for 3 stars and Playoff mode free add on !

Im giving this game a 10/10 stars on Gameplay , AI , atmosphere , presentation and visuals alone and by far my sports game of the year after 9 games and what a great foundation as I get what EA was trying to do even though they messed up the PR .

But on in game functions and modes a 3 out of 10 stars and 7 years later they still dont have a in game slider save and when you start a GM mode you still have to re enter all your slider changes ? looks like they just transferred over alot of the bad crappy buggy stuff from the ps3 but with new display screens and menus ?

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-09-2014 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:51 AM   #437
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I recommend everyone gives broadcast view a try.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:04 AM   #438
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
Just curious with EA's focus being on gameplay, have they FINALLY fixed the lack of penalties?? That's definitely part of "gameplay".....just curious
With penalties maxed and 10 minute periods, my first game had 11 power plays. I've played 2 more games and saw about 7 in each.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
Old 09-09-2014, 07:37 AM   #439
Rookie

Södy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
But on in game functions and modes a 3 out of 10 stars and 7 years later they still dont have a in game slider save and when you start a GM mode you still have to re enter all your slider changes ? looks like they just transferred over alot of the bad crappy buggy stuff from the ps3 but with new display screens and menus ?
Oh yeah that bothers me aswell. 2k was great in that regard.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #440
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I can't wait to play the Blues. It's good to have a classic rivalry back where both team are actually good. I would be very surprised if the Blues don't win a Cup over the next five years, possibly this year. The Western Conference is ridiculous. Don't mean to derail the thread, back on topic...
Yeah, I've been avoiding Chicago with EA Access, don't want to spoil our first meeting of the regular season, Saturday 10/25.

Had a great game vs New Jersey at home, tied 3-3 towards the end of the 3rd when my trial ran out.

Had 4 penalties (not counting the 3 majors for fighting) including a game misconduct to Steen.

I'm ready for my BeaGM..
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »