Home

NHL 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions

Is it possible to save a roster file with this trial ? Would like to know if it's possible to open it with NHLVIEW
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can anyone look to see if Fantasy drafts are in?
Old 09-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #67
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers , Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Does the game have gametracker where you can go see replays of the events in the game?
Nope, that is probably where the confusion came in about the replays.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #68
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Can some of you guys stop with the no edit mode and custom music thrashing? I get it, but this is an impressions thread. Id like to read impressions.
People are asking what is in the game and what isn't. Since EA did a not-so-wonderful job of explaining things I would say it is on us to inform others about these things. That is an impression, nevertheless. It is my impression that these things are not in the game.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #69
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

The impressions are making me more excited about this game. Everything negative said about this game has absolutely nothing to do with gameplay. Looks like they put out a quality game to start next-gen.

Only the most hardcore fans are upset thus far. The vast majority that play this game could careless about spending hours editing players or watching replays. Yes, no EASHL is unfortunately; but in due time, OTP will be in so it's not that major of an issue. There are still plenty of modes that offer tons of value for your dollar.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
There are still plenty of modes that offer tons of value for your dollar.
plenty of modes? Basically, there are two modes in the game that people will play. HUT and GM mode; both of which have regressed considerably since the last versions of the game. I don't get where you see "tons of value for my dollar".
Old 09-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #71
Rookie

Bronco Billy's Arena

Honestly, I could not possibly care less about the lack of EASHL (or even AHL) this year as I never play either anyway.

The new presentation, the spit and polish applied through not only the video intros (which I loved in the demo), but also the NBCSN package throughout sold me immediately. I'm downloading the full version now and very much looking forward to taking my Avs through their paces for six hours.

The game is gorgeous, but I am still wondering about the final resolution in the XONE version compared to the PS4... that will determine which version I pickup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 09:59 AM   #72
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Played one game: Dallas at Pittsburgh (Me). 6 min periods. All Star/Hardcore, default settings except bumped goalie cover puck slider up.

Won 5-4 in OT. Shots were 21-15 Penguins.

-Not a single penalty was called.

-Hemsky got hurt.

-They still don't know, or let you assign, who to take the face-offs when it is 4-4. I took the opening face-off of OT with Kunitz while Crosby lined up at LW. They won the face-off and came down and nearly scored.

-All of their goals were a result of no help from my backside D covering their man properly. They refuse to get in between of them, the puck, and the net. I often use the strong/puck side man to go and try and poke the puck loose or square up to take away lanes. Or I will bring the lowest forward down, F3, and play the lanes properly, but this does me no good anymore because my CPU is braindead in helping me.

-I scored that stupid short side goal that has been in the game for years. The one where you skate with a right handed shot down the right side, off of the right post, the d man cuts off the center of the ice and the goalie should be squared up with you, but if you you flick the stick in like a wrist deke towards the middle of the goal and then pull back and roof it short side the goalie neglects to cover the top corner on the extreme short side. Should never be a goal! Not with the d man taking away any potential from me cutting across and no option to pass across. The goalie should respect that post every single time! Awful!

-I recorded the tying goal by Dallas. Benn got pinned below the goal line and instantaneously kicked the puck into the slot where he had a man cutting, who happened to beat my CPU player again, easy short side goal, even though there would have never been any reason for Fleury to leave that same side post. If I can upload the video I will show you what I mean. It is just unrealistic crap at its best.

-Way too many times does the goalie do that desperation save where he pushes off from his knees/front of his pads and lunges out across the crease, like a short stop in the hole. Looks awful and works too often. That should be a once in ten games animation, at best.

-I was able to get to more loose pucks on offense than in the demo. Maybe it was just the Pens forecheck, but the puck seemed more alive and free.

-You can see career stats in the menus, in game, during the line change menus after pausing. The stats are not listed in a way in which you can see what team the players played for, however, just the league and year.

-While including the players stats and age and all that they neglected to put their jersey number in those same menus. Kind of a strange oversight.

-You will be happy to know that I broke a world record!: Not a single puck went out of play during my entire game. A first in the history of hockey! Do you know how many pucks go over the boards and glass in a real game? This is absurd to me, quite honestly. It just screams of EA wanting to not "bore" people with realism. Probably the same reason why the CPU goalies play the puck so much by default instead of freezing like a normal goalie would.

-Every player can pretty much pull off all of the dekes again. Nothing like coming down and dangling between your own legs with the likes of a superstar like Brandon Sutter. Yawn. At least we can edit the players so that we can see a greater discrepancy in talent... oh, wait.

-Top tiered defensemen do have a better ability of poking the puck loose though. Which is good, but let's be honest. A stick is a stick. If I am out on the ice one on one against an NHL player in real life and I close the gap and put my stick down for a poke check the puck won't go through my stick just because I suck compared to an NHL player. It shouldn't happen in this game either.

-Once again, you can work, work, work to set up a beautiful scoring chance and fake 3 players out of their jocks and then slide a last second, no look, pass, back door and across the crease and the goalie will save that 95 times out of 100. But come down and skate straight with a 4th liner that is not even on a good angle to score and his handedness takes away even more of his shooting angle and somehow you can snipe short side all day? What is that now, 5 or 6 years that this has been that way?

-Presentation is pretty much what you saw in the demo. The NBC stuff is nice and the live video helps me with the emersion. Commentary is not really any more in-depth from the demo. That isn't all that important to someone that plays a game as much as I do. It will be old and repetitive no matter who is calling it in about a week anyway. I will miss custom music and sounds though, that is a bummer, but it is mostly the console's faults for that. Although with their track record I am not sure EA would have had that feature in the game regardless of the console's capabilities.

-Menus have a slight lag to their responsiveness.

Xbox and upload studio won't let me upload my 8 second clip. Keep getting an error. Awesome!

Last edited by bigwill33; 09-04-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »