Home

The time could be just right for a competitor on 2015

This is a discussion on The time could be just right for a competitor on 2015 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #17
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The time could be just right for a competitor on 2015

That much, really? Even for a sports game like hockey?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5
Then make a fantasy hockey game. Crikey make alien and robot teams just so long as a new project gets up.
doesn't operationsports.com usually have info on a PC hockey game that is for simulating seasons ? something called hockey manager or the like? granted, you don't play a full game as a player using the game but it does control the franchise like other have used NHL (and previously nhl2k) for simulating

EDIT: here's what I'm referring to, but it seems like last year's edition got a lackluster review by this site
http://www.osatwork.com/reviews/720/...ger-review-pc/

Last edited by pezdaddy; 09-05-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #19
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkis19
Ok, how could i start.......

I Was furious when i found out, what it had missing. I was writing messages to nhl team and rammer, but you know how they deal this kind of whining.

But then i just sat down and realized, FOR A FIRST NEXT GEN RELEASE this game is looking really amazing. At a starting point of current gen we didn't have all we have now or had to be exact. For example EASHL HUT, LTL etc.

What i want to say is we are so used to have all the modes and everything. Series was on stand still graphic and gameplay wise. so they just had to put other in my opinnion usesless modes in the game, to make it more attractive until the Next gen come out.

So now the cycle goes again. first we will get graphic quality rise for couple of years. then the modes will come. GRAPHICS was their main concern.
AND in my mind mainly all of the modes or 90% will be back next year.

Maybe we just don't know how hard it was to get those graphics right, presentation and everything. There wasn't enough time to get everything in.
Like gameplay wise this game is like night and day vs old gen. everything feels and looks so much better. And almost everyone who whines does it because of modes not the gameplay.

If they put the modes in THIS GAME WILL BE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS.

YOU Can't have everything in first release of next gan game.
This would be true, but they passed on releasing NHL 14 for the new systems so they could “spend more time focusing on the features.” So the "first release on a new system" argument doesn't work in this case. With the extra year, this should be considered as the second release.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #20
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplateR
If there is an an indie, open-source, multi-platform hockey project, then it will be without the official NHL-License.
Exactly and I'm ALL FOR IT!!!! Just make it so the community can mode it.
Imo the chances are we as the customer would end up with a much better game!!!! Screw the damn license!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDisk
What is needed is an indie, open-source, multi-platform hockey project....

Start it simple. Once you get something playable, start a kickstarter campaign.

That could really work.

THIS. I have always had a strong vision of what hockey could look like and EA (for me) are just not able to do a proper job of it. Never mind that they are the most hated company in the US (according to polls). I just cannot believe the crap that was pulled this year, we could really use something else which is a much better alternative to come a long at this point.

There is nothing planned or in the works which is a damn shame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 24

A great playing hockey game for the PC, moddable on all fronts. Users can create teams, players, arenas, etc etc etc.

Take a cue from NBA 2k in this regard.

That'd make me happy.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
A great playing hockey game for the PC, moddable on all fronts. Users can create teams, players, arenas, etc etc etc.

Take a cue from NBA 2k in this regard.

That'd make me happy.

There are 2 ways, that make that happen:

1. Hoping, that 2k Sports bringing NHL 2k-Series back. But this time also on PC
2. Building an indie-development-team to create an ice-hockey-game. My opinion is, that should be based on UE4 or CryEngine
Old 09-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #24
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezdaddy
doesn't operationsports.com usually have info on a PC hockey game that is for simulating seasons ? something called hockey manager or the like? granted, you don't play a full game as a player using the game but it does control the franchise like other have used NHL (and previously nhl2k) for simulating

EDIT: here's what I'm referring to, but it seems like last year's edition got a lackluster review by this site
http://www.osatwork.com/reviews/720/...ger-review-pc/
Yes there is a sim only hockey manager game. It's not what I was talking about though. I would be interested in any hockey game that has great gameplay. I could forgo nhl licenses for a great hockey game that was better than what is available now. Even if each team dressed as monsters or clowns or sea horses or whatever. Ok maybe not really that stuff but if it was like 2ks all pro football I would be fine with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »