Home

The future of NHL Revamped

This is a discussion on The future of NHL Revamped within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Revamped Release for previous iterations of the game?
Yes, I would prefer NHL 13 6 5.94%
Yes, I would prefer NHL 14 44 43.56%
Yes, I would prefer NHL 15 for PS3/360 30 29.70%
No 21 20.79%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #41
Rookie

Felixeur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The future of NHL Revamped

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead73
Hey Guys, I'm sorry for the delayed response. I have been a bit MIA of late and I am sorry for that. I am going to be working more on making myself more available to answer questions and what not.

@Felixeur- I haven't had the opportunity to dive into the different database files to compare NHL14's roster file formate with NHL15's. If someone could send me an NHL15 database, or if anyone knows where I can download one I would be interested myself in pursuing that.

@PPerfect_CJ- The best thing I could think to do to avoid the issue you would run into regarding the discrepency of years, would be to mass edit every player (doable with the db editor, not NHLview) and move their birth year one year earlier, so that they are a year older, and then do the same with their draft years. That should basically fix that problem. If you felt really ambitious, I believe that the schedule can even be changed in the DB editor to match the upcoming schedule. (Something I will be looking into.)

@Cletus- We haven't really looked at reevaluating our approach to any attributes currently, including discipline and passing. I do actually thinkg that as a whole I might drop passing's average rating.

Part of why I haven't released/created a full update thread for the future of Revamped is that I am still trying to determine how deep of an update it will be. I have gotten a lot of offers for help, and so I am still evaluating. Dependent on the manpower available, I might be able to go in and adjust some of our philosophies regarding the ratings we gave. The big difference though is that for this year I am really the only one that will be moving the project forward, building off of the work that the rest of the team and I had already done. So the depth of the release is still a little unknown.

For more info, take a look at this thread- http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2046606215
Ill do the goalie equipment. I am really good at it for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 18

I have 14 for the PS3. I think they nailed the new skating in this game . My only complaint is the bouncy puck but I have heard you can get around it if you get rid of the patch. Guess I have to delete the game to do that?

Anyway while the puck physics might be a little better in 15 the new commentary from everything I read absolutely sucks. Not gonna deal widdat.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
I've been playing NHL 13 recently and I think it is a better game than 14. So I voted that.

puckhead check your PMs.
Skating isn't up to 14.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixeur
Ill do the goalie equipment. I am really good at it for some reason.
So you know, half of the current NHLers wear pads that are not in the game. You'll have to go back to the previous year if you want something they have worn, and even then, there are a handful that were on another team.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #45
Rookie

Felixeur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKNITE4LIFE
So you know, half of the current NHLers wear pads that are not in the game. You'll have to go back to the previous year if you want something they have worn, and even then, there are a handful that were on another team.
I can find some great alternatives for most pads

BTW guys, I edited the Revamped Rosters OD 2013 rosters so the ratings last 5 years for Be a GM. I edited all NHL and AHL goalie equipment. Do you guys want me to release my 2013 season opener rosters and work on a 2014 season opener version?

Last edited by Felixeur; 10-18-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #46
Rookie

Felixeur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixeur
I can find some great alternatives for most pads

BTW guys, I edited the Revamped Rosters OD 2013 rosters so the ratings last 5 years for Be a GM. I edited all NHL and AHL goalie equipment. Do you guys want me to release my 2013 season opener rosters and work on a 2014 season opener version?
I am getting NHL 15 xbox 360 for my birthday in 3 weeks so ill be editing for alot of the time

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »