Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #249
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

You can't draft your own players? You can't do fantasy draft either?

Yep, passing on this title. Definitely not worth the $60 pricetag. I don't care how good the gameplay is, if there's no drafting your own players you can't build your franchise up, then there's no reason to play Be a GM mode.

No buy from me.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #250
Just started!

OVR: 0
Just canceled my pre-order. I could handle some missing online modes, but no Season mode outside of Be a GM? No skipping to next shift in Be a Pro? I can't pay $60 for an unfinished game.

I work in software development, so I understand the challenges. I can't blame the devs, but the business decision to release a game that's so far behind the last iteration is pretty disingenuous.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #251
Rookie

very disappointing…
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #252
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Goals also don't tally in Be a Gm games while playing a game. It only shows how many a player has scored during the game and not for the season.
That is awful! That seriously is awful to me. They had this feature correct in the original Playstation versions of the game!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #253
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Playing the Demo, I wanted to support them for at least making a decent game to play on hardcore. but I can't, I can't justify 60 bucks on this. it's not even half a game, it's a 1/4. This game should have been cancelled because it's not even close to being half complete.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #254
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Why would they cancel it? People will still buy it. Heck people here at OS have made that evident. They don't release a game and they get no money, they release one that is stripped down to a barely functional product and they get some. With their budget, that some speculate must be minuscule, then releasing any product with an NHL logo on it will net them something worthwhile in return.

Until the game simply doesn't sell there will be no need for them to change this formula.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #255
Rookie

game should have been delayed to get some of these features/modes back in , if they were scared of losing sales because of a delay, look what has happened now. there probably goin to lose more sales now then if they were to put out a full featured game let say one or two months later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #256
Banned

twelveone's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxxs
game should have been delayed to get some of these features/modes back in , if they were scared of losing sales because of a delay, look what has happened now. there probably goin to lose more sales now then if they were to put out a full featured game let say one or two months later.
Well said my friend, honesty would have also went a long way with this whole ordeal as well. For me, the first thing that chapped my *** was no united center (not a big deal, but still pretty petty considering the hawks status) then the announcement of no EASHL, then this EA Access debacle and we learn that there's literally nothing left of the game. It is obviously super tough to justify buying this game at full price after yesterday. I also feel for the people who still are playing on ps3/360, they get absolutely nothing this year besides new commentary, which is a trivial feature to a lot of people. Im also pretty sure they don't even get the NBC stuff. Sitting around waiting for them to patch up the next gen version is pointless because we don't even know what that entails, but they damn sure as hell do. This was obviously the plan all along and something they have been dreading to talk about. I should've known better, the first sign being that trailer with just a red wings jersey and all the early question dodging.

Last edited by twelveone; 09-05-2014 at 05:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »