Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #257
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't think people really care where the blame lies, I know I could care less, nor will I sacrifice anyone at the alter but it doesn't change the fact that this is pretty disheartening regardless of where the root of the issue is.

I was so looking forward to this game. Very disappointing stuff.
Yeah man, while he may be right, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that no matter who is to blame for this colossal failure, it happened, and this is not a product worth 60 dollars of my hard earned money. A lot of other people are going to be upset and vote with their wallets as well. As they should. If you want change, you hit them where it hurts most, the checkbook.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #258
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
I'm pissed because I went ahead and preordered this over the EA Access thing and that is non refundable. So I guess I'm stuck with this heap. I play Be a Pro most every year in this game and i can say that mode right now is just like it was the very first year it was released. You basically can hit B and come out on the ice anytime you want like before. There is no sim to next shift because you can basically play half the game if not more like the first year it was out. So once i work myself up to line 1 I'll have the top line out on the ice half the game, poor other teams! Also just like year one of Be a Pro there is no grading at all on your shifts. Not even any grading after your game, so you are not given a ABC grade at all. The only thing you have to do is meet your season expectations.

So I think this year I might just play Be a GM and skip playing Be a Pro. I'm sure that mode is also way stripped down but what can you do I own the game already so I guess I'll play it. :P
Old 09-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #259
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

OVR: 0
Its not bad, and that's not GOOD.. I was at total let down mode upon my first 5 minutes, looks great but then again a hot prostitute would too, til the penicillin doesn't kill the itch...

I believe we as fans of EA NHL games got a raw deal. They deke'd us right out of our skates. We need 2K back.. To keep EA honest... Sorry EA this is a load of crap. We can't even go back to the old gen games because they too are crap... EA is again proving themselves to be just another bully... With no competition we as gamer's loose out..

Am I buying it, yes... Because I like the new wrapper, but the taste is really getting old... like a week old pizza, sure you can eat it but it may not be the best idea...

EA you again lost us true fans.... NHL 16 will be out in how many days ????
Old 09-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #260
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbeast08
Heres my gripes:

1. Authentic arenas- 2k10 had authentic arenas. ON LAST GEN CONSOLES!
2. Built from the ground up- Really?!!! Looks a lot like NHL 14 to me!
3. Presentation- so adding doc and eddy was ok but what about goalies, d men, and other player AI?
2K10 is still THE best overall Hockey game... Lets see what took EA 5 years to catch up on....

1) Accurate arenas.... CHECK
2) Skate spray/ice.... CHECK
3) Awesome presentations....CHECK
4) Goalie A.I. accurate.... (Not Yet EA)
5) Defense A.I. accurate.... (Close no check)

Wow 2K could release 2K10 with NO work and update the rosters and it would kill NHL 15.... How about that 2K give it to us as a $20.00 game again, PLEASE !!!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #261
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

What an absolute abomination! So, NHL 15 is nothing but a money grab for the suits at EA?

Glad I'm not buying this debacle.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #262
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

Maybe us PS4 folk will get lucky and they will add NHL 2K10 to the PSNOW streaming library and we can play a decent hockey game.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #263
Just started!

I haven't read the whole thread, just the 1st page and I have seen 2 mentions of a 2 year development cycle. Pretty sure it's a myth. The way I understood they started to work on this version less than a year ago.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:18 AM   #264
Just started!

OT but how do you edit your post here ? I just can't figure it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »