Home

Where do we go from here?

This is a discussion on Where do we go from here? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #41
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The problem is outside of PES there is no competition for any of the major sports games anymore. Even the Show which was once amazing has started to become stale and boring.
See and there lies the problem when a game like The Show thats near perfect in many ways but in actuality is more boring then real baseball and thats in fact is the problem with true/forced sim as it becomes little fun as it takes away real human interaction .

I bought Madden last night just to see the improved graphics and I will be putting it on ebay tonight as these games are just retreads barely even roster updates when you think of it .For me its not even about the money its just these games are really boring after all these years and I use the show as a perfect example where they really need to rewrite the whole game just for a change of pace .

So if you were as sports only gamer like me you need to look at non sport games as a option maybe with something you enjoy and I found RS Batman Arkham games , Wolfenstien and even the Star Trek game because i had a interest in all those subject .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #42
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs
That's not true. We wouldn't be so upset if we didn't know EA has proven in the past to be capable of building a wonderful game. The issue with EA now isn't that they exist, it's that they're complacent. I think this stems from the exclusivity they enjoy with Madden, and NHL, for example.

Hell, 2k totally dumped the bed in terms of their "baseball" game. It was atrocious, so even they (whom I've seen many touting their return to the NHL world as the harbinger of amazingness) have struggled with sports game.

I dont want EA to disappear. I want them to have competition for sales. The best Madden game ever came out directly after NFL2k5. The best NHL games were released when NHL2k was a thing. EA could still rock a wonderful sports game if someone made them. Just they can't.
Naa... Me I'd much rather they disappear! The void will be filled by others if there's a market for it.
I haven't played an ea sports game basically since 05 I believe it was. I mean I haven't bought one new or played even one season in any since then. It's always the same old crap from them.
Would you stay with a girlfriend that ends up taking you for granted every year only to hear her say... Oh honey I won't do it again, then sure enough she does it again?... Naa me... I'd dump that bitch in a new york minute!!!
See ya ea!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »